Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2009, 01:53 AM   #529
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

I liked the demo that's it I just want to play the full game now.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:12 AM   #530
Rookie

OVR: 10

I tried to do the things I did in 2K9, and I failed. This game is much more realistic.. slower paced. I'm definitely gettin this game day 1.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:52 AM   #531
Pro

OVR: 22

At first I felt let down by the lack of PBP, 2K again miss this, virgin eyes evaluate the whole package.
Also I donīt get why 2Ks render engine has this greyish deep shades. I mean full black always have a tint of grey in it. This game would look perfect with a fuller dark shade.
Jerseys are not as good as EAs physics wise, but pants are so...

Anyhow, good stuff:
Player models look really good and especially bodies look alot more realistic than EAs game. Faces are equal. 2K has a more realistic shader, while EA has a more shiny exaggerated look.
PLayers really feel different from eachother, player seperation is good.
Cutscenes looked good and the animation flowed, alot less warping than NBA live 10.

Passing is good, and gets to the right guy alot more than the other game. Annoying when passing is so-so.

Courts looked good and the arena sound was good, but a bit on the muted side, I guess with PBP it will sound as good as it did in the videos...

Overall the game looked good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 02:56 AM   #532
Pro

OVR: 3

I played a couple of times, and here are my impressions;

- I really liked the way it felt on offense. I played as the Magic and I felt like I could actually run an in-and-out offense. I would get Vince Carter and Dwight Howard on one side, pass it to Vince, and if he's not open for the shot I could throw it down to Dwight. When Dwight got the ball, I usually had a chance to back down a little bit until a help defender came, at which point I would throw it out to my open teammate for the easy jumper. I could also run the give-and-go pretty effectively as well.

- Jumpers did seem to be pretty easy, but I'm not sure what difficulty it is on, so I can't really say if that is how the game is supposed to be.

- The passing is a little bit better. The dumb moments when my guy would try to throw a chest pass through the defender right in front of him are gone... which is a big plus. That was pretty much a game-killer for me on 2k9.

- I really liked the way the computer ran the offense. Like some people were saying, the alley oops are a little ridiculous (as in they happen too much), but for the most part the CPU ran a pretty good offense. Kobe was fighting off some screens to try and get open at times... and other times he would hog the ball.

For instance, I really liked the way one of my games ended. There were about 20 seconds left when the Lakers got the ball, so they threw it to Kobe who dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, and dribbled until he spotted a small opening where he could take a jumpshot. It reminded me of the playoffs again haha.

Overall, it is a pretty good demo. It still looks the same as 2k9, but I don't have a problem with that at all. 2k9 didn't have a problem with looks and visuals at all, the problem was with the gameplay, and that seemed to be fixed pretty well. Obviously, it might be even better when the game is released.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:59 AM   #533
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTAllTheWay
I played a couple of times, and here are my impressions;

- I really liked the way it felt on offense. I played as the Magic and I felt like I could actually run an in-and-out offense. I would get Vince Carter and Dwight Howard on one side, pass it to Vince, and if he's not open for the shot I could throw it down to Dwight. When Dwight got the ball, I usually had a chance to back down a little bit until a help defender came, at which point I would throw it out to my open teammate for the easy jumper. I could also run the give-and-go pretty effectively as well.

- Jumpers did seem to be pretty easy, but I'm not sure what difficulty it is on, so I can't really say if that is how the game is supposed to be.

- The passing is a little bit better. The dumb moments when my guy would try to throw a chest pass through the defender right in front of him are gone... which is a big plus. That was pretty much a game-killer for me on 2k9.

- I really liked the way the computer ran the offense. Like some people were saying, the alley oops are a little ridiculous (as in they happen too much), but for the most part the CPU ran a pretty good offense. Kobe was fighting off some screens to try and get open at times... and other times he would hog the ball.

For instance, I really liked the way one of my games ended. There were about 20 seconds left when the Lakers got the ball, so they threw it to Kobe who dribbled, dribbled, dribbled, and dribbled until he spotted a small opening where he could take a jumpshot. It reminded me of the playoffs again haha.

Overall, it is a pretty good demo. It still looks the same as 2k9, but I don't have a problem with that at all. 2k9 didn't have a problem with looks and visuals at all, the problem was with the gameplay, and that seemed to be fixed pretty well. Obviously, it might be even better when the game is released.
nice impression bro. btw, the difficulty is pro as said by others
Old 09-30-2009, 04:04 AM   #534
MVP

OVR: 19

wow, i was surprised that kick ball violation is already present in 2k10. NOIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaO-N2fK6zQ at 3:46
Old 09-30-2009, 04:24 AM   #535
Rookie

OVR: 0

does anybody know when the ps3 demo will be out???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 04:26 AM   #536
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
This demo is so incomplete it's barely worth commenting on. Aside from the back door cuts and bad help D situations, it's pretty easy to force the CPU into a bad shot in this demo, so this was mostly about seeing the graphics and controls. Controls felt good. Isomotion worked well. Broke Vince's ankles at will with Kobe. Pretty easy to get layups and dunks. I think I played four games and saw 8 or ten dunks. Maybe more. Level is just too low/incomplete to judge anything resembling AI.

If it weren't for My Player, I don't know where I would stand on this one.
Damm...

Between you and Will (WTF) not liking the demo much...I am officially starting to get a bit concerned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »