Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-30-2009, 12:22 AM   #521
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
This is easily the best 2K just based on the demo... notwithstanding that the high percentages people are complaining about are not an issue; especially not on the higher levels.
I asked this in the Pasta Finals thread, but it got locked, so I'll ask here. Are there any videos of games on HOF difficulty with sliders altered to lower FG%? I would like to see how the a full game plays if players are hitting at ~50% or even less. 2K vets know how the series plays with sliders in effect, but I haven't played NBA 2K since sliders were introduced.

If anyone could link me to a video I'd appreciate it Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 12:36 AM   #522
Rookie

I'm pretty sure videos like that will start surfacing once more people get the game. I can say that I have no worries about shooting percentages as I know sliders can be adjusted to resolve those problems.

For what it's worth, I noticed that the CPU FG% was consitently over 60% and my FG% was consistently below 40% in the competition's demo playing on All-Star difficultly.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:39 AM   #523
Rookie

Great Demo From WHat THey Gave Us Point BLank Period 2k Will Reign Supreme
Old 09-30-2009, 12:51 AM   #524
Rookie

2k is an absolute beast. Did you notice how the teams play just like the real counterparts.? Kobe down on the block. Wow. I had a great set of sliders last year for 12 min. quarters with highly realistic stat and game outcomes. I can't wait for this game. I now am 100% sure that the bad reviews are from people who don't know how to play real basketball, or people who don't understand the controls. I played the live demo and went at Dwight howard and I scored every time, Don't believe me a; try it. I made the most ridiculous shots I possibly could. I tried the same thing here and I got demolished. I was ranked in the top 200 last year I can ball. I laughed because I play a total sim style. If you don't know real basketball then this is not your game. If so get ready to be in lovr with the full version. Get at me and on 2k with My Crew. Sim ballaz only

GT:GTMizUndaStood Group Therapy Recorcds
Old 09-30-2009, 01:19 AM   #525
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejs210
I'm pretty sure videos like that will start surfacing once more people get the game. I can say that I have no worries about shooting percentages as I know sliders can be adjusted to resolve those problems.

For what it's worth, I noticed that the CPU FG% was consitently over 60% and my FG% was consistently below 40% in the competition's demo playing on All-Star difficultly.

did the demo allow you to change difficulty settings? if yes, can you tell us (at least) what it feels when playing on HOF. or maybe you can post some vids.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 01:22 AM   #526
Rookie

JVal3208's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalHussien
Poor guy. You used quite a few words not to say very much...

You are one of those gamers who fashion him/herself an expert on other people's gaming prowess or merit. In other words, a walking example....

These posts are dirt cheap...See me on the sticks...

GAMERTAG: Southside SKS

NBA 2K7
NBA2K8
NBA2K9

PICK YOUR GAME....
I'm ready when you are...
Sorry buddy, you completely ignored his point. No one questioned the fact that you have played since the Dreamcast days. No one questioned your credentials as a gamer. You DON'T have NBA 2K10, and you haven't learned how to play it yet.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:46 AM   #527
Hoops Mechanic

Sovartus's Arena

OVR: 20

My initial impressions:

Are we all looking at the same game? This demo is straight garbage. I think 2K9 looks better than 2K10. So what, they added some extras.... It doesn't look any better. The player's heads don't even connect to their necks. WTF? The skin textures look awful. Just ghostly.

I personally think Live looks way better than 2K graphically. Sound wise, WTF was 2K thinking? Sounds just cut off ..... WTF was (boom boom) "GET UP".... it sounded like somebody that works there did that in the back yard. WOW.... I can't describe how disappointed I am in that garbage.

Defense? Defense? Man!!!!! I warped behind my check so many times I was already ready to throw my controller at the screen.... Kobe Hit EVERYTHING he threw up. He shot all of their shots and his shot looked terrible.......

That demo was not worth the effort it took to download it.

But.... I will wait until the final version to see if it is better.....

Last edited by Sovartus; 09-30-2009 at 02:30 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:52 AM   #528
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
If it weren't for My Player, I don't know where I would stand on this one.
This. My Player is the biggest selling point for me in this year's games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »