Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-29-2009, 10:49 PM   #497
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

The People who say this is nba 2k9.5 need to really lay off the crack, alot of the upgrades that make the game 2k10 arent even in the demo secondly the animations the defense and the collisions in the paint are all drastically upgraded from 2k9 this is more like 2k10.5, The game of bball is the same year to year I really dont know what some of you expect, do you expect 2k to add 5 point plays. 2k10 is going to be the greatest BBall game ever made hands down, and Ive played live 10 already they made great strides to get closer to 2k, but not close enough.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:53 PM   #498
Rookie

OVR: 0
I dont see you guys problems, I understand that the shots go in a lot which is a pain , but its not our fault that we got the releases down pack ! Overall i played the demo for about 2 hours straight , I fell in love with it

BUT sadly there is one thing that may stop me from buying this game and its that lean in to foul shot (you know the one d wade does) !!!! It works EVERYTIME the computers jumps and when a human player jumps. I was hoping they took it out but they didnt !

Im going to get really tired of seeing people constantly pump faking to get it, thats not basketball at all !!! IM serious they need to fix that within the first month or im going to return it ! But besides that its a great game
Old 09-29-2009, 10:56 PM   #499
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by XuanWu
I'm a 2k fanboy.

That being said, I think the demo was a huge letdown. The controls are sluggish compared to Live. I'm always getting sucked into various animations on defense AND NOW offense this year. The game is just too slow and clunky. It isn't smooth, I don't know why people are saying this.
I can't ever think of the right words sometimes. But, these are the words that come to mind when I think of 2K controls in this demo. I thought it had drastically improved. I was wrong. Controlling my players IS a struggle, too. Gamekillers, man, no doubt.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:56 PM   #500
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by XuanWu
I'm a 2k fanboy.

That being said, I think the demo was a huge letdown. The controls are sluggish compared to Live. I'm always getting sucked into various animations on defense AND NOW offense this year. The game is just too slow and clunky. It isn't smooth, I don't know why people are saying this.

Even still 2k is a way better game than Live. Live is like a little kid's version of basketball. Live doesn't even approach sim. It's not even close. Anyone who plays basketball knows this. BUT, I was really expecting 2k to step it up this year and honestly I think the combine played better than this.
I'm a 2k guy too. But you can't say that about Live this season. Based on the demos. For the first time in yrs, the games are on the same level in my opinion. There is a legit debate about which one is better. Again, thats based off of the Demos
Old 09-29-2009, 10:58 PM   #501
Rookie

OVR: 0
Update to my last post : I didnt know that it was on pro difficulty maybe thats why so much shots were falling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 10:59 PM   #502
Pro

OVR: 6

If it ain't 2K7, it ain't good!! This game continue to play like 2K8 ad 2K9...It is slow and cumbersome just to move player up and down the court. 2K has turn this game into an old-man game in which they deliberately slow down the game play because people can not handle the speed and instant response of the action in the game. Control response continue to be HORRENDOUS!! I do not feel like i am in total control of my man on the court like i do in 2K7...i don't feel like i am part of the game, i don't feel I am in total control or ANY SITUATION on the court. This game take away the skills to make shots like 2K7. I have been fooled into buying 2k8 and 2k9....but NO NO NO, i am tired of this junk and I am through with 2K sports!! If you don't feel 2K7, you don't feel me.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #503
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tully
I'm a 2k guy too. But you can't say that about Live this season. Based on the demos. For the first time in yrs, the games are on the same level in my opinion. There is a legit debate about which one is better. Again, thats based off of the Demos

Agreed. Live is just as sim as 2K this year, it appears.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:03 PM   #504
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

i'm liking the demo a lot. gameplay is very smooth. question though. the LT is the aggressive d button that pressures the guy with the ball. what does the right stick do when you're defending a guy off of the ball? the contols says it is deny ball for player lock but i'm obviously not doing player lock but does this apply to defense in general?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »