Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-29-2009, 10:29 PM   #489
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Ok I sifted through all the belly-aching and decided to go to a friends house to play for myself.

- Graphics are outstanding

- Animations are gorgeous

- Gameplay is buttery smooth

- Controls great, only issues i had was dancing around a pick like a wanted to, and turning my back to a defender after an rebound.

- Percentages were high, but that was in part because the cpu had eyes in the back of its head.

- Trying to drive to the rim was difficult for pro level.

- Cpu ball movement was nice

- Not enough contact on player attempting to go down the lane off-ball ( however it was there during the combine)

Very impressed, some people are just spoiled.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:30 PM   #490
Rookie

OVR: 6
I'm a 2k fanboy.

That being said, I think the demo was a huge letdown. The controls are sluggish compared to Live. I'm always getting sucked into various animations on defense AND NOW offense this year. The game is just too slow and clunky. It isn't smooth, I don't know why people are saying this.

Even still 2k is a way better game than Live. Live is like a little kid's version of basketball. Live doesn't even approach sim. It's not even close. Anyone who plays basketball knows this. BUT, I was really expecting 2k to step it up this year and honestly I think the combine played better than this.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #491
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

just played a couple game of the demo, then deleted it. i'm not too sure about the player movements, i feel as though i dont have as much control over my player, and seems the only time any of my teammates would defend the paint was when i controlled them to do so, sometimes it seemed if they just let guy right past em. it just does not 'feel' like the 2K games i've played the last couple of years. i think the graphics look a little better, but some of the player models look a little 'blocky' on the bigger guys. i dunno, i just didn't like the way it played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 10:34 PM   #492
Pro

StankonYa's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubaker
Ive had an odd basketball weak to say the least.

It started out with me testing out the live demo and really digging it. I love the improvements they made and I thought this may finally be the year I actually have a real decision to make. Then I popped in 2k9, and having not played that game for a few months I wasnt really feeling it .. I started to seriously consider going to Live this year ..

Then I played the 2k10 demo. Some things frusterated me. Some of them were because I wasnt used to the game and some of it was because there are things that are just not right. There's still alot of sliding going on .. if you dribble into a player neither of you will move but the dribblers legs will still move. Very annoying and it just looks ugly. Thats was my biggest gripe .. well, that and I have always thought IsoMotion was trash. After playing the game I wasnt sold on 2k10 at all. I liked it, but there was just something about live...

So I went to play the live demo again. Started a game, looked at the graphics, looked at the gameplay, and said to myself "wow ... I cant play this anymore"

Its not that 2k10 was some groundbreaking game that was perfect, but when I matched it up directly with live I just flat out liked it better .. I didnt realize how much better the game looks until after I played them back to back.
Same here man, same .......here. I just didn't want to be the first to point that out...was about to but i decided to change the subject to the hot and cold meter issue i've been having ..Live's demo is still alot of fun though.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:35 PM   #493
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDIrish98
just played a couple game of the demo, then deleted it. i'm not too sure about the player movements, i feel as though i dont have as much control over my player, and seems the only time any of my teammates would defend the paint was when i controlled them to do so, sometimes it seemed if they just let guy right past em. it just does not 'feel' like the 2K games i've played the last couple of years. i think the graphics look a little better, but some of the player models look a little 'blocky' on the bigger guys. i dunno, i just didn't like the way it played.
Amen to this. You put it perfectly: "I feel as though I don't have as much control over my player". EXACTLY. I'm always getting sucked into animations and I'm struggling against all the animations to actually pinpoint control my player. It doesn't feel like the 2k games I've played in the past OR even the NBA Draft Combine.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:41 PM   #494
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by XuanWu
Amen to this. You put it perfectly: "I feel as though I don't have as much control over my player". EXACTLY. I'm always getting sucked into animations and I'm struggling against all the animations to actually pinpoint control my player. It doesn't feel like the 2k games I've played in the past OR even the NBA Draft Combine.
This demo isn't as animation heavy as 2K9 was, but it's extremely heavy on the unwanted results from two animations blending.

NBA 2K7 was damn near perfect in terms of the balance. But NBA 2K8 overcorrected the shot % (lots of missed shots) and perimeter D and NBA 2K9 was too heavy on the % (everything went in) and the post D was a joke.

Most people find a way to make up for these issues but it's a letdown when you have a game that's begging to be great but is being slowed down by several minor issues that add up...
Old 09-29-2009, 10:42 PM   #495
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I'm a 2k fanboy.

That being said, I think the demo was a huge letdown. The controls are sluggish compared to Live. I'm always getting sucked into various animations on defense AND NOW offense this year. The game is just too slow and clunky. It isn't smooth, I don't know why people are saying this.

Even still 2k is a way better game than Live. Live is like a little kid's version of basketball. Live doesn't even approach sim. It's not even close. Anyone who plays basketball knows this. BUT, I was really expecting 2k to step it up this year and honestly I think the combine played better than this.
I think the camera view in the demo gives the game no justice. I'm buying 2k10 either way, but i'm thinking that once i get a better camera view, either 2k cam or the one from the combine, the game play will feel much better. That being said i still enjoyed the demo and can't wait for the game to come out. It's going to be a long week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 10:44 PM   #496
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
I'm a 2k fanboy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »