Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2009, 10:04 PM   #481
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
It's better. But now the entire game is slower.

Not a good thing.
Hmm..So you don't get that feeling at times that your fighting with your controller to get your dude to go where you want him to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
OH **** THAT WAS SICK!

I did that VC sick under the basket layup. I was in triple threat left wing...faked going to the right went hard left to a wide open bucket. Help D came and I did the sick layup.

Definitely a WOW moment.
Someone told me thats a takeover animation(the dude he does it on, can't move and he's just part of the animation.) Is that BS or is it true?
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 10:08 PM   #482
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
An "I know EXACTLY what I'm doing" response would have suffice ...

An "I been on NBA 2K since the Dreamcast days...I know EXACTLY what I'm doing" is just an obvious way of showing your disguise as a player of the competition who happens to do not like 2ks controls ... as a "long life 2k user" you would have known that not only do the controls have changed troughout every edition, they have greatly changed from last year ...

If I have been missled to an errous interpretation of your comment, then please forgive me ... but, even then, the comment refering to your previous post was on point: you need to learn how to play 2k10 ! ...
Poor guy. You used quite a few words not to say very much...

You are one of those gamers who fashion him/herself an expert on other people's gaming prowess or merit. In other words, a walking example....

These posts are dirt cheap...See me on the sticks...

GAMERTAG: Southside SKS

NBA 2K7
NBA2K8
NBA2K9

PICK YOUR GAME....
I'm ready when you are...
Old 09-29-2009, 10:13 PM   #483
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ive had an odd basketball weak to say the least.

It started out with me testing out the live demo and really digging it. I love the improvements they made and I thought this may finally be the year I actually have a real decision to make. Then I popped in 2k9, and having not played that game for a few months I wasnt really feeling it .. I started to seriously consider going to Live this year ..

Then I played the 2k10 demo. Some things frusterated me. Some of them were because I wasnt used to the game and some of it was because there are things that are just not right. There's still alot of sliding going on .. if you dribble into a player neither of you will move but the dribblers legs will still move. Very annoying and it just looks ugly. Thats was my biggest gripe .. well, that and I have always thought IsoMotion was trash. After playing the game I wasnt sold on 2k10 at all. I liked it, but there was just something about live...

So I went to play the live demo again. Started a game, looked at the graphics, looked at the gameplay, and said to myself "wow ... I cant play this anymore"

Its not that 2k10 was some groundbreaking game that was perfect, but when I matched it up directly with live I just flat out liked it better .. I didnt realize how much better the game looks until after I played them back to back.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:17 PM   #484
Pro

OVR: 6

Demo is awesome... If you play D, the CPU won't have a high FG%, well, except Kobe. Didn't see any alleyoops at all by the CPU, but a tad too many put back dunks.

Was thinking of buying both games this year, but after playing this demo, I don't think there's a need.

BTW, graphics are a big improvement over last year!
Old 09-29-2009, 10:18 PM   #485
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubaker
Ive had an odd basketball weak to say the least.

It started out with me testing out the live demo and really digging it. I love the improvements they made and I thought this may finally be the year I actually have a real decision to make. Then I popped in 2k9, and having not played that game for a few months I wasnt really feeling it .. I started to seriously consider going to Live this year ..

Then I played the 2k10 demo. Some things frusterated me. Some of them were because I wasnt used to the game and some of it was because there are things that are just not right. There's still alot of sliding going on .. if you dribble into a player neither of you will move but the dribblers legs will still move. Very annoying and it just looks ugly. Thats was my biggest gripe .. well, that and I have always thought IsoMotion was trash. After playing the game I wasnt sold on 2k10 at all. I liked it, but there was just something about live...

So I went to play the live demo again. Started a game, looked at the graphics, looked at the gameplay, and said to myself "wow ... I cant play this anymore"

Its not that 2k10 was some groundbreaking game that was perfect, but when I matched it up directly with live I just flat out liked it better .. I didnt realize how much better the game looks until after I played them back to back.
Yeah i've got the live 10 demo but havn't got the 2k10 demo yet. But even with 2k9 comparing to live 10, they have different looks to them. 2k looks more real compared to live i reckon, live is more kind of cartoonish but in a way, that sometimes looks good.

These games just have different looks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 10:20 PM   #486
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
Still has the same deficiencies I didn't like in 2k8, 2k9 and now in 2k10...Enjoy though...I'm out

Nice.

2K10 has so many more animations and situational adjustments-it's sick! Graphics and presentation are top-notch as usual. I agree with others about the jerseys not fitting right. I agree about the jerky, and stiff movement. I agree about the slow pace of fast breaks. Player movement doesn't feel as responsive and smooth as I hoped. And yes, it is kinda stiff and robotic.

With that said, it's really more of a toss-up than I expected. In this demo, the player movement, IMO, is bad. I thought the other game was more jerky, but I think I was wrong. ISOmotion is still a bit intimidating (especially with such bad player movement and unresponsiveness). It's cool you can receive alley-oops in this game, though. And there's probaly alot more animations, in this game. But, I'm not sure that's enough for me. Neither is the presentation, or graphics. Actually, the graphics is sort of a toss-up, too. Because 2K is a bit dreary, dark, and almost gloomy, but, has some good faces. But, the other has some good faces, too.

I dunno, it's something about the other games' player model solidness, and almost aggressive (but intuitive) ball control, movement, and collision detection. 2K almost seems soft in comparison. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impressed by EA's integration, and responsiveness of their sliders. Especially with the way they're used, and feel in Madden 10, and Fight Night Round 4. And I generally don't even like their engines. But this year I'm feeling a little different.

This decision is a tough one.

2K is the sim king, no doubt. But, is it fun?

Last edited by LAKE4742; 09-29-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:24 PM   #487
Pro

StankonYa's Arena

OVR: 10

I was blown away by nba 2k7's demo....played that demo to death. Now let's get to 2k10 ..... at first i was like what the hell 2k??????? but after my 3rd,4th,5th,....50th time playing it lol. i love the game more and more.

The best thing in the demo i'll say is how smooth the game flows, love kobe's sig shot, i love how turbo is used period, just hope theres a way to turn off the cold and hot meter. If there was a way to do so in 2k9, i didn't look for it.

Dont get me wrong I still like the cold and hot meter when playing the cpu, but playing friends who don't normally play the game... it's hard to get them into it even at get togethers/parties. They never seem to like the challenge 2k brings.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:25 PM   #488
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJay
Yeah i've got the live 10 demo but havn't got the 2k10 demo yet. But even with 2k9 comparing to live 10, they have different looks to them. 2k looks more real compared to live i reckon, live is more kind of cartoonish but in a way, that sometimes looks good.

These games just have different looks
Exactly what I'm feeling. Again, 2K looks really dark. While Live looks maybe more inviting, and fun.

Last edited by LAKE4742; 09-29-2009 at 10:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »