Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #457
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I have not had any issues playing defense...well except guarding an alley oop.
Really? Any advice?
Old 09-29-2009, 08:12 PM   #458
stewaat

OVR:

I play off a little on defense and don't use the LT much if at all.
I rarely go for steals.
If they set a pick I'll switch to the picker's guy and try and show on the ball handler.

I icon switch my players really fast which helps.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:24 PM   #459
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVal3208
You have to take more time to learn how to play the game...you don't know what you are doing yet.
I been on NBA 2K since the Dreamcast days...I know EXACTLY what I'm doing.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:29 PM   #460
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Well...here are my impressions.

Overall - I was impressed. I mean REALLY impressed. I think for me...because I never played 2K9 (last time was 2K8 and loved it), it's fresh to me. It looks...from a graphical standpoint...impeccable. And despite no commentary...I even enjoyed the P.A. announcer and crowd chants.

Graphics - 10
Player faces are nice. I saw David Lee's face in Steve's video so I think graphics probably deserve about a 9 but because overall the game is so "shiny", I'll give it a 10.

The court looks nice. Arena looks nice. I really don't have a complaint in the graphics department. The graphics in this game are WAY better than the competition.

Gameplay - 7
Yeah. I have a huge issue with the controls in this game or lack thereof. I don't like Isomotion. And I'm not digging how they implemented momentum.

I will say the bigger players feel like they have weight to them which is why I didn't rate it lower.

Scoring in the post is easy which leads me to believe this is going to take Major slider work (and time) to fix.

Steals are done lovely.

Passes are too pin-point. And there is no head tracking . Okay so you have this pin-point lead passing but guys never turn their head around to receive the ball???

AI - 4
I could lump this with Gameplay. Although I like the off ball movement, I'm not sure if I think it's Authentic off ball movement. Just seems a bit random at times.

Something with the logic here on double teams and in general. I was using the Magic and Bynum had a mismatch in the post with Jameer guarding him. No double team came. Bynum passed the ball to Kobe who was beyond the 3 point line. Kobe shot a 3.

Then there are times when doubles seem to come automatically. I dunno...I just didn't understand it. Sliders?

---------
All in all...I really liked the games I played. I think with alot of Slider work...guys are gonna have some fun with this game.

I think alot of the disappointment I have read is due to the 2K diehards being "too used" to this game. Because I skipped a year, I'm enjoying it like a new game.

I enjoy the demo but I won't be getting the retail. If I do get it...it'll be after a price drop or guys are done doing sliders. I just get the feeling like guys are going to have to put months of time into doing sliders and playbooks here.

I also don't think each game will play out differently from what I have seen from the retail videos and the demo. The games I played seemed very similar to me. Too similar. I want different guys to dominate me in EVERY game I play. I simply don't see that happening.

I also don't see really physical play that I'm looking for. Guys do go for boards hard and such. It's just that with so many players feeling "heavy" I would expect there to be much more phyiscal stuff going on.

This looks to be a solid game though.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #461
Banned

OVR: 12
short and simple

same as last years(just better graphics)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 08:49 PM   #462
Rookie

OVR: 3

Second the complaints with the double team. I was guarding Howard at the top of the key, after 5 seconds of him standing there the cpu decided to double and gave up an easy dunk.

Super lame.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:50 PM   #463
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalHussien
I been on NBA 2K since the Dreamcast days...I know EXACTLY what I'm doing.
An "I know EXACTLY what I'm doing" response would have suffice ...

An "I been on NBA 2K since the Dreamcast days...I know EXACTLY what I'm doing" is just an obvious way of showing your disguise as a player of the competition who happens to do not like 2ks controls ... as a "long life 2k user" you would have known that not only do the controls have changed troughout every edition, they have greatly changed from last year ...

If I have been missled to an errous interpretation of your comment, then please forgive me ... but, even then, the comment refering to your previous post was on point: you need to learn how to play 2k10 ! ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVal3208
You have to take more time to learn how to play the game...you don't know what you are doing yet.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 09-29-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:57 PM   #464
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

In the retail version you would have to turn the double team help to off to prevent the unneeded help defense which gives up easy baskets. It happens too often in demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »