Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-29-2009, 07:24 PM   #449
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

I hope the ps3 version has the clean look and smooth play.I like the slow gameplay because last year it felt out of control. I will wait to see the ps3 demo if it is like 2k9 on ps3 i will get the 360 version. I see some of yall said it looks worst and has frame rate problems? Any of yall played the ps3 version of nba 2k9? What a mess i played Nba live last year as my nba game. 2k10 demo(360) is ten times before than the 2k9 full version on ps3. 2k10 demo looked great and played great. Maybe cause i didnt really play nba2k9 a whole lot last year.

PSN Brandon26ms
Old 09-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #450
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Some of the animations, especially when a player turns...They stop and turn as if they are on a stick
This was mentioned earlier and as I went back and forth between the demo's of both games I noticed this quite a bit.

Judging by what I see in this game if they can clean up the pivoting in motion at lower speeds it'd go a long way.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #451
Rookie

OVR: 3
I spent a few more games playing the demo and I left disappointed.

I think I have pinpointed the issue that I am having with it.

The controls are, in fact, better than 2K9. however...

The defense still feels sloppy and the game lacks flow.

The post control is more intuitive than last yet, BUT...

Posting from anywhere outside of 10 feet is almost impossible. The random animations that you slip into while trying to post makes it look even more disjointed.

My overall impression is that 2K's fluidity is due to having lengthy animation strings. This can be both good and bad. While visually, it looks nice, it often looks awkward when you find yourself branching into a brand new contextual animation that doesn't lead in well...

It leaves you feeling like you are fighting the controls; feeling like you are trying to avoid triggering a particular chain rather than executing moves...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #452
Rookie

JVal3208's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalHussien
I spent a few more games playing the demo and I left disappointed.

I think I have pinpointed the issue that I am having with it.

The controls are, in fact, better than 2K9. however...

The defense still feels sloppy and the game lacks flow.

The post control is more intuitive than last yet, BUT...

Posting from anywhere outside of 10 feet is almost impossible. The random animations that you slip into while trying to post makes it look even more disjointed.

My overall impression is that 2K's fluidity is due to having lengthy animation strings. This can be both good and bad. While visually, it looks nice, it often looks awkward when you find yourself branching into a brand new contextual animation that doesn't lead in well...

It leaves you feeling like you are fighting the controls; feeling like you are trying to avoid triggering a particular chain rather than executing moves...
You have to take more time to learn how to play the game...you don't know what you are doing yet.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #453
MVP

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
My impression is that I'm not impressed by the game...Don't like the look. Don't like the feel. Still has the same old 2k feel and I'm sure that will suffice most 2k fans...I'm just kinda over how 2k traditionally feels. Still has the same deficiencies I didn't like in 2k8, 2k9 and now in 2k10...Enjoy though...I'm out

CLASSIC lmao
Old 09-29-2009, 07:52 PM   #454
MVP

OVR: 12

The more I play it, the more I love it.

I saw unforced mistakes, an overhead pass by the CPU that went out of bounds and other things that I really enjoyed. This game is really all that - I love it. It's not perfect (e.g. what's up with those shooting percentages), but I love the fact that it seems smarter. I love that feeling of setting up a shot, passing the ball around or finding the open man. It's awesome.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:54 PM   #455
Pro

OVR: 7

I'm really disappointed with the demo overall, despite a few bright spots.

Bright Spots

-The graphics are smooth, and the same goes for the animations. I feel like I'm much more in control of this game as opposed to last year.

-The post game is much improved despite the fact that hook shots are almost unstoppable

Negatives

-The shooting percentages are just terrible. And as we can see from Pasta's video, it's not just the demo. Can sliders fix that? Sure. But c'mon now. 82% on All-Star!???

-What's wrong with the passing!? Time after time someone drives into the lane with a clear look at the basket, and passes it out to a guarded teammate who, of course, makes the shot because that's all I've really seen so far.

-Alley-Oops are nice, but i just saw two where Kobe stopped at the free throw line, tossed it up in the air, only to have Ron Artest charge in from three-point land, morph right through Kobe, jump, catch, and slam.

-Defense.....why play it? Not only is it very difficult to stay in front of your man, but even if you do, the CPU makes the contested shot anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #456
stewaat

OVR:

I have not had any issues playing defense...well except guarding an alley oop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »