Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #441
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Kobe is on the cover and did his own shot. I don't get the complaints...???
From mo-cap to actually putting it in the game, something happened. It doesn't look that great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 07:00 PM   #442
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
if you can bruh.....

And even those two are up to opinion (I happen to agree Lewis' looks better in Live thought)

But Live has a LONG way to go as far as signature style overall....its not even close imo

EDIT: didnt Kobe do mo cap? haha
Derek Fisher is pretty terrible in 2k. Overall player movement is just bad in 2k, IMO. When I'm referring to sig styles, it isn't just releases on shots. It's their overall movement and flow compared to real life. 2k just looks stiff compared to Live, my opinion. And seeing as I'm a Fifa fanatic, I really don't like basically having the RS go to waste. I prefer how you control players with Live's scheme. I can never have too many buttons. But this isn't really meant to be one of those "fanboy" wars. I've owned every 2k game since 2k5, NBA and CHoops. Had mad fun, but burnt out. Peace!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 09-29-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:01 PM   #443
Rookie

OVR: 1

Perhaps a dumb question, and perhaps already asked, but is it out for the PS3? If not, when?
Old 09-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #444
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by timoth
Perhaps a dumb question, and perhaps already asked, but is it out for the PS3? If not, when?
No, not yet. We don't know for sure when but many people are speculating a Thursday demo release for PS3.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #445
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

People keep saying that Kobe did mo-cap for the game. Is there any proof of that? I've not seen anything of him doing stuff with 2K besides playing 2K10 with Derrick Rose and then playing with Melo at the event.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 07:20 PM   #446
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockafella2x
i'm sad they they removed RB+RT for last man back on defense I guesss it will be easier or me when I can use my 2k cam

I love how you can actually shoot in front of the cpu and not get blocked 90% of the time like 2k9
i also use the 2k cam and u right on 2k9 i stayed getting my shot blocked now all the shooting animations faster
Old 09-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #447
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllumAmadi
So, this is my first post here, although i have visited this site, almost religiously for nearly a year now. For some reason i felt compelled to comment on this game.

Being an avid 2K player, the first thing i had to do was realize that this is not 2K9...After this happened, i was able to appreciate the new gameplay for what it was, GREAT. Being a hooper myself, i can appreciate the lengths 2K went to, in order to make this the most realistic basketball game to date.

I'll keep it short so i can get back to playing..lol
*The gameplay tempo is awesome, the turbo meter it a great addtion.

*Graphics are unbelievable at times, NO EXAGGERATION. Visually impressive to say the least.

*Playing D is as difficult as it should be, the Defense in 2K9 had me spoiled, its nice to have to actually watch the tv while youre playing D for a change.

*Loving the Sounds in the game, and this is without the actual gameplay announcers. The arena sounds like a real game.

*The Sig Animations are Hilariously realistic. Watch Kobe's swag in real life, and then watch him on the game. + Bynum's dunks are 100% different from Dwight's, pay attention to his extra weak 11 inch vertical. And for the record, i haven't won a tip off with his unathletic behind yet, lol.

I'll be back with more a lil later peace.
I like wat you said and totally agree i guess folks watch the nba and see bookoos of crossovers and things it is only a few players in the league that jus us crossovers when they play dwade, iverson, dwill, cp3 and etc so why would you want a juke move heavy game? I agree with some ppl when they say it is hard to controll but u gotta account for the defense infront of you. If you actually play basketball you dont run around doing countless spin moves and crossovers because you will eventually get the ball stolen. The controls are kinda stiff but at the same time Im sure once you get used to it you will agree this is better than live. Live has for the past years always had smooth crossovers but everything else sucks i was hyped for live this year but you can do the same stuff if you get in the paint on live all u have to do is throw up a layup even with contact it is prob going in but in the end i will buy the anniversary edition of 2k cuz they are the truth in basketball and rent live when i wanna play And 1 with Nba stars.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:22 PM   #448
MVP

OVR: 8

I'm quite disappointed about the demo
too slow on the fast-break, too many alley-oops, too high FG%, too much Help D (i.e. bynum helping fish on nelson with no reason and leaving D12 open), too much drive&kick (nelson had an uncontested lay-up but kicked out to lewis)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »