Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #425
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Lewis' jumper, Kobe's release. Shall I continue?
I see nothing wrong with Kobe's shot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #426
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Lewis' jumper, Kobe's release. Shall I continue?
Old 09-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #427
Rookie

sportskid84's Arena

OVR: 8
Looks just like 2k9 feels a little different but I think this year I will be getting live
Old 09-29-2009, 06:25 PM   #428
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

Im sorry, but the general player movement in 2k10 is borderline terrible. The animations (outside of L-Stick movement, of course) save this game. I really hope the game is more polished in the final version. One thing 2k10 really did right are the graphics, though. Simply amazing.

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html
Old 09-29-2009, 06:25 PM   #429
Rookie

sportskid84's Arena

OVR: 8
The funniest thing I seen so far in this demo was my first shot with Nelson he shot from half court and I did that on accident and the shooting overall seems to easy
Old 09-29-2009, 06:27 PM   #430
Banned

My impression is that I'm not impressed by the game...Don't like the look. Don't like the feel. Still has the same old 2k feel and I'm sure that will suffice most 2k fans...I'm just kinda over how 2k traditionally feels. Still has the same deficiencies I didn't like in 2k8, 2k9 and now in 2k10...Enjoy though...I'm out

Old 09-29-2009, 06:30 PM   #431
Rookie

OVR: 0
So, this is my first post here, although i have visited this site, almost religiously for nearly a year now. For some reason i felt compelled to comment on this game.

Being an avid 2K player, the first thing i had to do was realize that this is not 2K9...After this happened, i was able to appreciate the new gameplay for what it was, GREAT. Being a hooper myself, i can appreciate the lengths 2K went to, in order to make this the most realistic basketball game to date.

I'll keep it short so i can get back to playing..lol
*The gameplay tempo is awesome, the turbo meter it a great addtion.

*Graphics are unbelievable at times, NO EXAGGERATION. Visually impressive to say the least.

*Playing D is as difficult as it should be, the Defense in 2K9 had me spoiled, its nice to have to actually watch the tv while youre playing D for a change.

*Loving the Sounds in the game, and this is without the actual gameplay announcers. The arena sounds like a real game.

*The Sig Animations are Hilariously realistic. Watch Kobe's swag in real life, and then watch him on the game. + Bynum's dunks are 100% different from Dwight's, pay attention to his extra weak 11 inch vertical. And for the record, i haven't won a tip off with his unathletic behind yet, lol.

I'll be back with more a lil later peace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 06:31 PM   #432
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesha2000
i will say this much...demos usually suck compared to the finished product. I personally decided that I will not download the demo. I already know what 2k brings to the table....they bring a great game. Live had a good demo...hopefully they will have a playable game in the finished product. I will rent both games on release week and try them both out online and make my decision from there. Since I only play online, last year 2k was like putting lipstick on a pig. The offline gameplay and graphics were great, but online was simply horrible. If it is the same this year and Live has a decent playing game, I will have to go the other direction. But I wouldn't put much stock into a demo.
Here's my prob, in a nutshell. Last year, played demo from the side, not how I play. It was even closer than this years demo. Got the final game, 2k and drive cam framerate was sickening. Literally gave me a headache on pans. Cutscene between quarters, choppy mess. This years demo, noticeable drop in graphical fidelity, and NBA Live 05 mini players, the camera is so zoomed out. Call me skeptical. Not trying to have them patching something so fundimental to a videogame as camera framerate again. Plus, I'm not feeling the so-called "sim." This game is waaay too slow. How Rob Jones could say this would make people forget 2k7 is beyond me. 2k7 was fun, even if a dunkfest. I'm just not feeling it in that way.

Now to expound on my PES analogy. This game is 2k5 tweaked to the Nth degree. With the same old graphics engine with about 5,000 animations thrown on it. Didn't buy a 360 to play Xbox games. And this years game looks like an Xbox game to me, "super smart" or not. While I applauded them for not giving us 3-4 bad years of games with the generation switch, like the "other company" could be accused of (cough,EA,cough) there's a point where your stuff is outdated. Stale. Getting that feeling, big time. I'm ready to do the Fifa deal, ride along with a game with promise of a bright future, and go through the growing pains. I've still got 2k7, I can play it or CHoops 2k8 for me to get my 2k B-Ball fix.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »