Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 09-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #337
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo79
Well, I have been playing 2k since live kept coming out with garbage every year. The 2k demo feels like the game is going backward as far as controls and gameplay. I enjoyed 2k7 and 2k8 the most. Controls were not perfect but game was really fluid. I am comparing both demos and Live is just on an another level as far gameplay. But I am going to take your advice and play some more and see if I start liking it. Doubt it though
Yeah, give it some time. There was a slight learning curve from 2K8 to 2K9...the same can be said now. I'm nice with the isomotion but I had 2 play 4 a couple hours b4 it started feeling natural again...you'll adapt
Committed 2 page, I write a rhyme, sometimes won't finish 4 days
Scrutinize my literature from the large 2 the miniature
I mathematically ADD minister
Subtract the wack, Selector, wheel it back I'm feelin that!
Old 09-29-2009, 02:22 PM   #338
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

difficult? Im barely trying and the lead passes are all too effective for in the paint dunks. both teams shooting 80%. bass threw one down over bynum and gasol.. im trying to like it but right now, its no challenge. im playing now moreso to see the animations. final version should be much more refined however.

Last edited by RubenDouglas; 09-29-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #339
Banned

OVR: 13

I just went home for lunch and played three quick games and man I must admit while I am confused on whether to get Live, 2K or both I loved how the game played. I have been hearing people complain how the shot percentage is too high, well I don't know which game you're playing because in my three games the Lakers and Magic (me) both shot under 50% from the field.

The graphics look great, and while the game does look like NBA 2K9 the graphics take it to another level. Last year the courts looked weird and honestly the quality wasn't the best, this year the courts look amazing. The player models are top notch and the player faces look fantastic. Sometimes you do look at players and they look weird because of the facial animations, but overall great job in this area.

People are also complaining about a lot of dunks, alleyoops or easy baskets... my question to you all is.. HOW DO YOU DO IT!, because I have only seen one alley oop and it was thrown by Nelson to Howard (me). Easy baskets? hmm... the CPU has done a tremendous job moving the ball around and getting the better shot avaliable, so far little to no dunks or forced layups.

Help defense is excellent. I had a rough time trying to over use Vince always got stopped on my way to the basket or forced to pass the ball.

After playing both demos I gotta say both games have something catchy. I like NBA Live because the players do move a little more like their real life counterparts and also the signature shots are way better than Live (at least for the Magic). What I don't like is the player model, they simply look like cartoons and their faces look weird, really weird when they have any type of facial animation...

OVERALL: Loving the demo imagine how great the retail copy is going to be... can't wait. Still might buy both games though, we'll see, we'll see...
Old 09-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #340
Pro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK4HgVB69aY

WOW @ 2:40 - 3:10 or so in this video

I'm speechless at that pass from Jameer, Artest was so close to swatting it
Old 09-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #341
Rookie

drewbaby1414's Arena

OVR: 7

The game is sick people...I had one play where Kobe split the double team by using jab step/triple threat then went up with one hand and switched to the next to avoid the defender for the flush.

Dunks are done with the dominant hand....The hanging on the rim is the absoloute bomb....Huge improvement for me over 2k9

Fadaways are useful this year and are not swatted away as they were last year.

Better ball movement and I love the dunk's in this years game...realistic and awesome at the same time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 02:33 PM   #342
Banned

OVR: 11

The Commish, THE voice of video games, likes the limitation of turbo in 2K10.

Just watched a few CPU vs CPU games and they looked good with the star players getting the ball when it mattered. For example, down two with 4.5 seconds remaining the Lakers gave the ball to Kobe who hit the 3. Lakers Win!

Is there a way to sub players? The CPU subs players.

Maybe later I'll stream some games.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:36 PM   #343
Banned

still the same 2k controls people controls slideing on the court and no moves at all the same game just fills smoother yes but doing moves no just not me the controls are still horrible
Old 09-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #344
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
difficult? Im barely trying and the lead passes are all too effective for in the paint dunks. both teams shooting 80%. bass threw one down over bynum and gasol.. im trying to like it but right now, its no challenge. im playing now moreso to see the animations. final version should be much more refined however.
Do you have the Retail version? I've seen passes go into the paint for easy scores, but never through defenders like in 2k9. Its happened only because the defense was out of position, or rarely the defender just didnt react in time to defend. but i have a very good feeling this can be fixed with sliders.

There are just as many times where the defense will deflect or intercept the pass, or the pass will be off target, or go out of bounds. Its definitely improved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »