Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #321
Rookie

OVR: 14
Few people talking about the reduced sliding. That was one of the main problems in 2K9. I don't think it has completely disappeared but it's a lot less frequent in 2K10.

I got the feeling that the player movement is way more restricted now (as it should be) because they need to plant their feet before attempting to do another move.

All in all, from my experience with the demo and from what I've been reading here: overall the game rocks; Isomotion sucks; and alley-oops will be exploited online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 01:55 PM   #322
PDX

RipCity71252's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

I doubt Kobe shot was mo-capped by he himself. If it was, why have devs said they've tweaked his jumper like 5-6 times since the Draft Combine was finished? Doesn't make sense.

Watching my CPU teammates let cutters pass them without any contact and then turning their back completely away from the ball is really annoying.

That "GET UP" chant is absolute trash. So is the sound sclip that plays after the Lakers make 3 or something, I know what it''s supposed to sound like (It's in Live and they record real arena sounds) in 2k it's sounds sorta like a wind chime.

Last edited by RipCity71252; 09-29-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #323
Rookie

OVR: 1
I am not sure why people are saying that this demo is great. Its anything but great. Player movements feel really clunky, gameplay is horrible. I can't seem to have any control as far crossing over. The animation controls you, this is pathetic. Take a look at the way players dribble the ball up the court, it is so unrealistic. The shooting kind of looks weird. The atmosphere in the arena is kind of cool but not as good as live. So far, I am not impressed at all, I was looking forward playing 2k10 but after playing this demo, I am not sure anymore.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #324
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by and1product
I don't want anyone to ruin my experience so I think I will retire from the forums for a while. To all the cool osers, Chase, Pared, Al, Da Czar, Switch thank you for all the pics and insights and stuff. I'll probably get back on the forums again after I have played enough b-ball games for while. You guys take care.
Excellent idea I am certain you will enjoy your game much better that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I figured that this was the case, but its good to get confirmation. I'm going to save this quote and post it when people cry about their man moving on his own.
jfsolo i hardly think making an observation about your player moving all by himself on defense is in any way "crying". Without seeing pared's one post out of every post in this thread how is someone suppossed to know that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ao defense
The reason you wouldn't like this game is you can't do the cheese tactics from last year. BYE HATERS
Welcome to the OS Ao defense !!! Tad bit oversimplistic reason why someone wouldn't like the game man. LOL !!!
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-29-2009, 01:59 PM   #325
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Vast I dont think thats what they meant

I think they mean for example when you're running and want to stop and pop... the sig shots in 2k makes the player stop, shuffle his feet and square up then shoot instead of doing it all in one motion, which gives the defense that split second to recover to contest

Thank you 23, that's exactly what I'm reffering too. Not leaners. I want to be able to do a simple pump fake, quick step in-jumpshot without having to wait 5 seconds for the player to gather, footplant and take jumpshot. The animation last year was slow enough to allow recovery.

However again I did see Mo pull that off with Roy in a vid so I dunno...I'll have to confirm for myself.

EDIT: I'm glad that strip does not occur as frequent in the retail Pared thanks.

Last edited by Gmoney2002; 09-29-2009 at 02:03 PM. Reason: PARED
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 02:00 PM   #326
Rookie

aga11ah's Arena

OVR: 5

Isomotion has always sucked to be honest lol.. It shoulda went out the door with 24/7 mode.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:00 PM   #327
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo79
I am not sure why people are saying that this demo is great. Its anything but great. Player movements feel really clunky, gameplay is horrible. I can't seem to have any control as far crossing over. The animation controls you, this is pathetic. Take a look at the way players dribble the ball up the court, it is so unrealistic. The shooting kind of looks weird. The atmosphere in the arena is kind of cool but not as good as live. So far, I am not impressed at all, I was looking forward playing 2k10 but after playing this demo, I am not sure anymore.
Welcome to the OS neo79. You may want to play it for awhile man especially if you have been playing the other demo. It may just take some time to get used to it to be able to enjoy what the game does do well. Sometimes you can be so used to one thing that it makes anything different seem worse. not invalidating your opinions as you could end up playing longer and hating it even more !

Just a suggestion Bro !
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #328
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS
Looks ok 2 me mayne...

Like I said from certain angles it just looks off for some reason.

That angle looks great but when Kobe's back is facing me and he shoots it his hands look way too spread out.

Lol maybe I'm just crazy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »