Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #241
Rookie

coachpars's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

I have played 2k9 most of this past year and got my 60$ worth. After playing the demo, (whether people say its 2k9.5 or not) I will be putting my money down again and playing the heck out of 2k10. It feels and looks cleaner then last years game.The franchise mode is only behind the show IMO. The facial animations and the detail of each guy is unbelievable. I understand the arguments but Cmon, this game deserves reserving these kinds of helter skelter assumptions until the retail game is in YOUR hands.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #242
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalHussien
I think 2K needs to retire Isomotion and develop a new locomotion scheme for the ball handlers. ..
I Agree 100%. I Hate Isomotion.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:16 PM   #243
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Pared is that help defense slider on default when playing online?
Old 09-29-2009, 12:16 PM   #244
Rookie

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDILL_E
The only negative I can see, is the isomotion. It remains a mystery to me. I am usually pretty good on the sticks but in the demo I cannot seem to pull off any moves. Ill have to take a look to see how.

Other than that the game is great, I had a come from behind swat with Dwight Howard that was just amazing. AI is MUCH improved and the gameplay overall. I really like the the feel of the post it really is a game within the game.

and the AI wow, did i already say that once, they actually play and are not moving around like zombies. This is gonna be one fun game cant wait until next week
Same here. They need to come up with a better system. I feel like I'm playing a fighting game while trying to perform a simple crossover.

Other than that the game is amazing.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:17 PM   #245
MVP

OVR: 8

Huge improvement over 2k9, player movement is far more responsive.

Shooting %s are definitely high in general but you can play lock down defense even on this level. I just held the Lakers to 20% shooting, then about 40% the next game.

Alley oops could become an issue but I'm not seeing the AI throw them as much as some people here are, in fact I can't recall a single oop from them yet.

How are the colours bland? That's ridiculous. As beautiful as the other game is, it's far too bright. This looks far more like an actual broadcast. Sorry for the comparison.

I really need to get my hands on the full game. It's too bad they only gave us 1 quarter, not sure why they made that decision.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 12:18 PM   #246
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't want anyone to ruin my experience so I think I will retire from the forums for a while. To all the cool osers, Chase, Pared, Al, Da Czar, Switch thank you for all the pics and insights and stuff. I'll probably get back on the forums again after I have played enough b-ball games for while. You guys take care.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:18 PM   #247
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Of course this will get lost in the shuffle, but hopefully some of you will see this and pass it on:

Yes, on default, your players move. There's a new feature this year called defensive AI assist. This is set to 50, which I'm pretty sure what you're witnessing.

You can turn it down to 0. I have not seen my player move on their own at that setting.

Take it for what it's worth. It's a feature out of the box this year to help you out
I figured that this was the case, but its good to get confirmation. I'm going to save this quote and post it when people cry about their man moving on his own.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:18 PM   #248
Rookie

OVR: 7

I just don't understand why the player I'm controlling on defense is moving on his own. If I play tight on someone my player will literally step back on his own. WTF???!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »