Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #185
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

i dont think its something that can be turned off or on, its just inherently programmed into the cpu teammate it seems. Fisher blows by me, and what happens? Lewis whos guarding his man near the basket decides to "help" leaving the man he was guarding wide open for the dunk. thats basketball 101. GUARD THE HOOP. STAY at the HOOP! Don't help out 10 feet from the basket when your own defender is in better position.

maybe i overanalyze things. I want to know how and why I got beat so I can get better at these games. I can't get better unless I grow 4 more sets of hands and play as the entire team at this rate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 11:08 AM   #186
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguy
Wow the shooting percentages are out of control. From what I've been reading, this seems to be an issue even on the higher difficulties.

The Lakers shot 90% and the Magic shot 80%.
Good point. I think this is another area where Live has beefed up their "gameplay" so to speak.

NBA 2K9 had a serious issue with controlling the %'s and it seems to be back again this year. I'm seeing realistic hot and cold periods with Live that I can't recall ever feeling with 2K. 2K8 was too hard. 2k9 was too easy. And the sliders that OS had last year helped, but it sacraficed lots of "gimme" baskets to make that happen.

Which is why I think Dynamic DNA and the partnership with 82 games is soooooo important....
Old 09-29-2009, 11:12 AM   #187
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
For whenever DC gets in here:

I literally, just now, just dunked on Dwight, Bass, Vince, and Rashard with Kobe. Didn't do any moves with Kobe. Just caught the ball and went to the whole immediately even with Vince staying with me the whole time. Dunked on all of them. They all jumped, going for the block too and were in good position. Got the And 1 call to top it off.

Not the first time either. I dunked on 3 Magic players earlier. And I've had a couple dunks on the man guarding me + Dwight.

There was one instance where I was on the break and tried to pull up for a 15 foot jumper with Kobe. But, Kobe went to the bucket and dunked on two people who were back on the break.

I wouldn't say it's a "dunkfest" though, in all honesty.

These were just some moments where I said to myself, "Yeah right." or "What the...?" Maybe it's because Kobe is the cover boy. I don't know.

I'll try some stuff with Vince and see if I get the same results. Lol
Old 09-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #188
Banned

OVR: 5

Having seen a lot of 2k10's actual footage....The end result is a bad demo, which happens sometimes. Why do they release bad demos---its earlier game code, which explain why you don't see a lot of stuff. To the people who use this as an indication to make purchase---just chill.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #189
MVP

OVR: 17

Not liking these impressions so far...
Old 09-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #190
Rookie

jr2424's Arena

OVR: 13

Spacing is WAY better. Players move without the ball so much. On a couple of 3-on-2 breaks or 3-on-1 playing with the Magic, Rashard will flare out to the three-point line while Vince will go to the hole. I love this.
The turbo meter is a GREAT addition. I am only holding turbo when it's needed: if I have a step on a defender or running on a fastbreak. That makes the game feel more realistic. The dunks are also toned down. I have not seen Rashard do a 360 on a break or anyone for that matter. If he has a dunk opportunity it will be a basic one-handed or two-handed dunk. Dwight throws down just like he does in real life: two-handed while kicking his legs out.
I am a little surprised you guys aren't feeling this game. The improvements are dramatic, granted not as dramatic as Live because 2k isn't playing catch up. This is a great year for basketball video games. You can't go wrong. It's just a matter of preference. But I LOVE THIS GAME.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:21 AM   #191
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tully
I just played the demo and let me just say to the people who haven't played it yet. Wait
until you play it yourself before taking comments already posted in this thread seriously.
I thought it was going to be terrible after reading this thread.

But I don't know what game some of these people are playing. It doesn't feel like 2k9 at all. It's much
smoother and fluid. I'm impressed. But I will say for the first time in a long time, Its
a legit debate between Live and 2K

The game feels fresh and different to me also. I do not know what game some others are claiming they played. It is a lot better than the draft combine and 2k9 just from this demo alone. I cannot wait for next tuesday. WOW.

Exactly. Kobe came in and did some serious motion capture for 2k. So, if you don't his shot, blame it on Kobe - LOL!!! Tell Kobe he has his shot wrong.

Zoneblitz this is funny what you said. I can see osers telling kobe to shoot his jumper correctly because he shoots his shots wrong. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #192
Rookie

OVR: 14
Choppy replays are scaring me. Pared, were those cleaned up in the final version?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »