Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #169
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Two things I'd like to know(I have ps3):

1. Why is the PS3 demo coming out 2 days after the game is released? Whats the point?

2. Does Rashard Lewis set up behind the 3 pt line in the demo like he does in real life on most possessions? I know in 2k almost all of the time the PF sets up on the opposite elbow of the center, but with the new playbooks and tendencies, Shard should be camping outide, is he?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #170
MVP

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalHussien
This year, as hard as it is for some people to admit it, we have two quality titles.

I think it boils down to the "3 C's"3:

CONTROL, CUSTOMIZATION, AND COMMENTARY.

With NBA 2K10, you have slightly smoother play with less overall control.
With NBA LIve 10, you sacrifice some smooth visuals in exchange for total control (which I prefer.) EDGE: JUMPBALL

NBA 2K10 will regrettably be behind in the customization dept. again this year. For some people this is a big issue. For others, not-so-much. But keep this in mind as well...

For those of you who want each jumpshot dead-eye accurate, the commentary to be fresh, and the modes to be deep, there is someone, somewhere who feels the same way about sneakers, headbands, and jerseys. They pay $60 to enjoy a game just like you do...EDGE: LIVE 10

The commentary and presentation will probably be a wash this year. Live goes deep with DNA while 2K goes on track with 82games and the Insider. While I feel like Live has a truer representation of how each team/player plays, I think 2k is on to something huge with their immersive conversation-style commentary....EDGE: NBA 2K10

Let's do each other a favor...let's keep these discussions critical, yet constructive, while helping those who may be on the fence make an informed decision.
well put sir
Old 09-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #171
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

ugh...i hate playing defense since i end up all over the place but i know theres that damn slider for that...

i hate to say it but i prefer the atmosphere for Live...i do like the crowd noise now but its too quiet for my taste...then again its just the demo

i love the graphics though the color is pretty bland and desaturated compared to the lively colors for Live..

Controls is a big improvement from last year though it could still need some more work...

Overall im impressed...my brother came over to play and i think the biggest problem is the Oop...its just way to easy to get them...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #172
Rookie

OVR: 14
Getting both games as well (as I always do). But at this point, I'm eager to play Live rather than 2K.

I'm really enjoying the 2K10 demo, It seems like a very polished product and when it's all said and done, it'll probably come up as the best out of the 2 games. But I can't shake the feeling that it's a recycled (although improved) experience. It will be very interesting to see how Visual Concepts approaches its own game next year because at this point, they might be very close to its ceiling technology-wise.

At the other side of the coin, while it's undeniable that Live had way more room for improvement, that by itself wasn't a garantee of a better product.

Can't wait for October 6th.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:52 AM   #173
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
Dude like i said its a new control...when just running and going into a spin move last year u never had to use LT to do a spin move except when doing it in the Post
Last year RT had to be held in order to complete isomotion spin moves (not post spins). Since RT doubled as Turbo last year, it likely felt natural and as if you were not pressing a specific button to pull off the spin.

This season LT is the button you press to complete a spin move (as well as other isomotion moves). This change was made in order to prevent players from having to expend their limited turbo just to bust a crossover or spin. Holding LT + RT will still modify a move however, turning what would be just a spin using LT into a behind the back, for example.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:53 AM   #174
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
oh ok i was jusf wondering b/c i havent seen it...i thought you meant it was constant
Na, it's not constant at all man.

There are actually a lot of instances where I really think he has a dunk, but goes up for a lay in instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownballa
You need to let go of TURBO .He wont dunk if you let go of turbo.
It's not about holding turbo at all. They shouldn't be happening in the first place. Turbo or not.

But, as I've said, is not always happening. SO...

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Old 09-29-2009, 10:53 AM   #175
MVP

OVR: 11

Love the cpu ball movement...the best 2k has ever had. The new defense takes some getting use to...auto/manual defense. But I thing I got the hang of it.

BUT..just like my beef w/Live...WE NEED A POST UP BUTTON. I got he hang of it for the most part (thanks to the Live demo) but sometimes I end up doing a dribble move when all I want to do is post up...frustrating.

Also demo seems weird w/no commentary. The atmosphere is severely lacking in the demo...guess they saved that for retail.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 10:54 AM   #176
Pro

OVR: 7

Wow the shooting percentages are out of control. From what I've been reading, this seems to be an issue even on the higher difficulties.

The Lakers shot 90% and the Magic shot 80%.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »