Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2009, 07:39 AM   #73
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

i think i was expecting too much after playing the live demo.

ill make sure to play more games after school.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:41 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 23

i took it hard baseline to the rack with vince and pau jumped over to take the charge but didnt get his feet out of the restricted area and i barreled him over. he injured his *** lol. he sat there holding his tailbone with this painful look on his face, looked just like gasol, i was lovin it. i only wish though that teammates and the team trainer etc... would have come to his aid, woulda been a nice addition to the realism rather than players getting injured and than everyone ignores him. maybe next year. anyway i got the and one and took gas hole out of the game.

im lovin the demo. looks smoother than 2k9, animations look great. i think kobes shot looks good, people whining are upset cause they are missing shots probably, not because it doesnt look like his shot. crowd and atmosphere are on point. cant wait to get my hands on the real deal.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:42 AM   #75
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashanova
i like people who say that 2k ruined kobe's shot, when he mo-capped it himself. btw i dont see the demo, im in the east coast
Exactly. Kobe came in and did some serious motion capture for 2k. So, if you don't his shot, blame it on Kobe - LOL!!! Tell Kobe he has his shot wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 07:42 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 6

I just played the demo and let me just say to the people who haven't played it yet. Wait
until you play it yourself before taking comments already posted in this thread seriously.
I thought it was going to be terrible after reading this thread.

But I don't know what game some of these people are playing. It doesn't feel like 2k9 at all. It's much
smoother and fluid. I'm impressed. But I will say for the first time in a long time, Its
a legit debate between Live and 2K
Old 09-29-2009, 07:43 AM   #77
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry0211
Played 4 games and it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Bad, meaning exactly like 2k9. The models and movement are pretty much the same, but you can tell 2K focused a lot on atmosphere in tis game. I played another game of the Live demo after playing the 4 games of 2k and saw that the ball and off the ball movement looked a lot better in 2k10.

Big thing for me, and this is only a personal opinion, is that for some reason I had more fun playing Live. It may only be because Live is so much different than in previous years that it feels the freshest. 2K is still the best put together game as a whole, but fun factor goes to Live IMO. I am not a Live fan boy or whatever internet geeks call them, but Live actually plays like a sim this year and is also fun.
I feel what your saying. Actually, I've felt that Live was the funner game the past couple of years. Don't get me wrong, 2K is sim to the bone, IMO, but Live is easier to pick up and play-which is a great thing. And I think this years Live demo is pretty cool. Alot of odd impressions about 2K10 so far. But, when I really think about what made me give up on 2K9......the laggy cameras, that's not enough for me to roll with Live. If 2K fixed the up and down cameras, I should be good to go. Can't wait try the demo in a few!
Old 09-29-2009, 07:48 AM   #78
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tully
I just played the demo and let me just say to the people who haven't played it yet. Wait
until you play it yourself before taking comments already posted in this thread seriously.
I thought it was going to be terrible after reading this thread.

But I don't know what game some of these people are playing. It doesn't feel like 2k9 at all. It's much
smoother and fluid. I'm impressed. But I will say for the first time in a long time, Its
a legit debate between Live and 2K
Exactly how I'm feeling.

I love how I thought that if I got doubled I could just kick it out to the open man, boy was I wrong.

Got doubled down in the post, twice.

First time, I saw Vince in the corner decided to swing it his way straight out of bounds the ball went.

Second time, I see Jameer open right side of the ft line try to get him the ball, lil sneaky Derek Fisher jumps in the passing lane, steals the ball, Lakers get a easy duece via fastbreak.

I'm loving it right now, even though I can't roll with my team(no plays to run).
Old 09-29-2009, 07:55 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 3
general impression to this is good job to 2k10 and live needs to catch up once again. but they had good improvements tho... commentary on 2k10 is excellent..even tho it doesnt have it on demo... makes live looks like ***** lol
Old 09-29-2009, 07:55 AM   #80
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

It plays really well, moves more fluid than last year, and plays closer to basketball than ever before.

Also they finally fixed the small numbers on back of jerseys and I have noticed zero blur on center court or any part of the court for that matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »