Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2009, 07:24 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

I'm feeling the demo. The presentation is top notch for what is there. The graphics look really cleaned up and very smooth. A lot less jaggies this year. The cpu ai works hard on offense.

My only problem with the demo is that its in broadcast cam. I know it gives the game that watching on television feel, but its harder for me to pull off my iso moves. I like my left to be left and my right to be right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 07:25 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3

Overall Great Demo. You will not get a good Vibe at first since it looks kinda like 2k9. Then you try to do things like you would do in 2k9 and they don't working properly making the game feel sluggish. Main thing will be the isomotion. In previous games the turbo trigger(Right Trigger) was also the basic isomotion with the other trigger being the modifier. Because they added a turbo meter for this game, that control scheme had to change; so they switch controls so that the turbo trigger will be the Advance isomotion modifier thus preventing us from depleting the turbo meter while just trying to do a basic crossover.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:25 AM   #67
Pro

OVR: 11

what a disappointment. felt way too similar to 2k9.

ill probably just end up getting 2k10 in a few months.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:27 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think there has been improvement in all the departments...the AI is much better on fast break and the alley oop is easier but fun cos it blows you away. This game is going to be big thank God i pre ordered and save like £10 on it!lol
Old 09-29-2009, 07:29 AM   #69
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Is it confirmed that there are not plays ? also all kidding aside can someone tell me if their players are moving on their own defensively. Once I get my man in position if i don't move the stick he will move on his own. can someone verify that for me. I think It may just be my controller.

Edit it occurs when playing off ball defense.

Only played one game so far so no impressions just wanted to check on the plays and control. Presentation is TOP notch
Yep, no plays and the defender does move on his own. As the lakers, the magic players like to hang around the perimeter and if i move kobe closer to carter then let go of the stick, kobe slumps back to his regular distance.

I was taken aback a bit at first by the demo, but its just a learning curve. Isomotion alone used to allow you to get by your man, now you have to set him up ala NBA Live, and get by with the LS. The Isomotion moves are secondary, its really actually kind of similar to the way Live's works. On defense you have to learn when to body up your man, again its kind of like the live demo on the perimeter except there is a body up button.

Demo issues include Dwight always winning the tip (unless you play as the magic and let Bynum have it) and alleyoops to the trailing big man are pretty easy. Dwight had a putback dunk in each game i played against the magic. Also didn't like the lack of switching when I called a double team, so that might have to be done manually

Also:

Magic rain 3s.
Lakers run something resembling the triangle.
Kobe & VC's dunks are great, only had one questionable dunk with Kobe but it wasn't impossible and made sense given the situation.

Really another stripped down demo from 2K. Lacks all of the polish the final game has.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:29 AM   #70
Rookie

jerry0211's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One
Nice Demo. You will not get a good Vibe at first since it looks kinda like 2k9. Then you try to do things like you would do in 2k9 and they don't working properly making the game feel sluggish. Main thing will be the isomotion. In previous games the turbo trigger(Right Trigger) was also the basic isomotion with the other trigger being the modifier. Because they added a turbo meter for this game, that control scheme had to change; so they switch controls so that the turbo trigger will be the Advance isomotion modifier thus preventing us from depleting are turbo meter while just trying to do a basic crossover.
Played 4 games and it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Bad, meaning exactly like 2k9. The models and movement are pretty much the same, but you can tell 2K focused a lot on atmosphere in tis game. I played another game of the Live demo after playing the 4 games of 2k and saw that the ball and off the ball movement looked a lot better in 2k10.

Big thing for me, and this is only a personal opinion, is that for some reason I had more fun playing Live. It may only be because Live is so much different than in previous years that it feels the freshest. 2K is still the best put together game as a whole, but fun factor goes to Live IMO. I am not a Live fan boy or whatever internet geeks call them, but Live actually plays like a sim this year and is also fun.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:33 AM   #71
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry0211
Big thing for me, and this is only a personal opinion, is that for some reason I had more fun playing Live. It may only be because Live is so much different than in previous years that it feels the freshest. 2K is still the best put together game as a whole, but fun factor goes to Live IMO. I am not a Live fan boy or whatever internet geeks call them, but Live actually plays like a sim this year and is also fun.
I have a feeling a lot of people will feel this way. I have 2K coming from yourfree360games.com but if I was dropping $60 i'm not so sure I wouldn't go in with Live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 07:34 AM   #72
Banned

OVR: 9
Let Down........All I'll Say For Now

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »