Home

NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-29-2009, 06:41 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

No plays? No offball controls? What gives?

Kobe's new jumper is way better. Much quicker release, makes it a lot easier to play how he does in real life. Scoring off the dribble is still harder than it should be.

New post game controls are nice, I like them, but hookshots are overpowered. And I have no clue why. What's fun about hookshots? Online will be all hookshots, all the time.

Last edited by fffffffff9; 09-29-2009 at 06:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 06:44 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

I love the feel and the vibe of the game, you can tell its on a easier difficulty, Dwights bangs feel and look like his dunks along with Gasol and others, the turbo meter is a welcome addition too, I love the AI offensively kobe dominating the ball, creating for others, cant wait for gameday... now if I can just get rashards jator down haha
Old 09-29-2009, 06:47 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think when you play the demo you try to do things like you did in 2k9 and realize they don't work. To me it really feels like a whole new ballgame and it took me awhile to adjust but once I changed up my style it was a lot of fun. The only thing I didn't like was there seemed to always be somebody open for three and help defense didn't rotate fast enough.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:52 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1
Im new on this site and have been playing 2k since its been out. I already know and expect every year for people to complain about a game. I just played the demo a couple of times and i think its very good compared to last year. I know a lot of u dont play the game how it should be played and trust me i know. I have a lot of friends that complain about games, that if u play it the rigth way you'll enjoy it more. All im saying is all the people complaining do u play diffence yourself or u just pick one person and let the computer play d on everyone else. Me i play diffence with everyone and not bragging or anything but the computer only scored 2 points on me on my last game.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:52 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

This demo just solidified a day one purchase.

I don't know about y'all, but I am really digging the feel of the game.

Looks miles better than the combine as well.

Gonna play a couple more so I can elaborate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 07:01 AM   #46
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Game is a lot better then 2k9 for sure I'm really having fun w/ this one. The post game is going to be excellent once I learn all the controls for it.

But I'm really not feelin the perimeter game though this one aspect I feel the other does better. The way passing and dribble moves are handled is good but I just prefer Live's control.

I don't feel as in control on the perimeter mostly b/c I just suck with isomotion. I also hope 2K adds in some type of direct passing control b/c that would just be sick in this game.

Lastly I want to say that the crowd sounds good and this game just looks great in motion. The animation superb and I haven't seen too many out of place anims.

Overall this is a great improvement to 2K9 everything from the controls to the presentation has improved. This is still 2K so if you didn't like 2k9 you probably won't like this one though.

I'm definitely going to be picking this one up once I can get the funds for it. Both devs really delivered this year and I think you can't go wrong w/ either game this year.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:02 AM   #47
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJay
It seems overall there are more negative impressions than positive? im in Australia so i cant get it for a while still, so do any of you guys think that this is going to be a great game judging by the demo? it seems like most people are a bit dissapointed.
I thought it was out in AUS first???

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Old 09-29-2009, 07:02 AM   #48
Negative Vibe Merchant

pilonv1's Arena

OVR: 8

I had a kicked ball in one game, which I'd never seen before. Plus a defensive three second by my AI team mate.

It feels harder to score right under the basket but a lot of the low post moves are still too strong. I do like the new post movement though, it flows a lot better.

Re: Australia - go to Marketplace, then All Games, "N" and NBA 2k10, it should be there.

There's a weird animation if you are running full speed forward, then pull the opposite direction immediately. In 2k9 it would do a pullback dribble, in this demo it seems to warp your player back to where he would end up.

I love at the end of the quarter the AI will get the ball to Kobe ASAP. Feels just like the end of a period for once.

Triple threat is now LT+stick, not LT+RT+stick. Took me a while to work that out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »