Home

NBA Live 10 Screenshots: Starting 5 Player Faces

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Screenshots: Starting 5 Player Faces within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-29-2009, 12:59 AM   #169
MVP

OVR: 30
I went back and looked at all the 2K10 mugs and I have to say, Live's bests them, overall, imo. I think 2K10 gets more "wrong" than "right" but what I do like about 2K's is the shading of the faces. Gives it more of a closer to grown man look of the faces where as many of Live's players look baby face-ish but their faces are still more accurate. 2K has a lot of "way offness" in the likenesses of even the star players which is something I would think would be more dead on.
Many of the non-star players I don't really know who they look and couldn't tell who they were if they bumped into me at a supermarket so those guys are up in the air, for me. I DO know how many of the players look and based on that, I really think Live nailed it more so than 2K. Just calling it as I see it.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:05 AM   #170
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: NBA Live 10 Screenshots: Starting 5 Player Faces

I'm actually surprised by some of these. Of course, Live still can't make white guys, but a lot of them were better than I thought previously, and certainly better than any previous iteration of Live.

A couple of real head-scratchers, though, like the one I think is supposed to be Luc Richard Mbah-a-Moute (botched terribly by both games).
Old 09-29-2009, 01:18 AM   #171
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
Wow I couldnt find any flaws in any face. This is amazing, its pretty much perfect 100% across the board.

Well done art team!
That's not possible. No flaws in any face?

I know the Bucks roster very well, but I couldn't tell who this was just by looking at it:

Like I said, some of them surprised me in a good way, but if you seriously think that there aren't any flaws in any of the faces, you're setting the bar very low for the team in the future.

By the way, based on seeing #12 in the other shots, I assume this is Luc Richard Mbah-a-Moute, but you certainly can't tell it by looking at him.

(Also, his name, along with Richard Jefferson's, don't fit on the jerseys. I know it's already been mentioned, but it's worth mentioning again.)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 01:24 AM   #172
Banned

OVR: 1

Finally a video game got Josh Howard right. Go Mavs!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 01:41 AM   #173
Rookie

OVR: 13
Old 09-29-2009, 01:48 AM   #174
Rookie

Arod2k9's Arena

OVR: 7

It doesn't matter how good the faces are with those stupid *** body proportions! EA are you serious? I can't believe what I just saw! This is an embarrassment to the Sim players community and fullish of me to think that live made strides in that regard. Like someone else said, they look like 12 year old's that won't scare anybody. I don't care if I get banned just had to speak my mind on EA's attempt thinking they're in the same boat as 2K!
Old 09-29-2009, 01:54 AM   #175
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod2k9
It doesn't matter how good the faces are with those stupid *** body proportions! EA are you serious? I can't believe what I just saw! This is an embarrassment to the Sim players community and fullish of me to think that live made strides in that regard. Like someone else said, they look like 12 year old's that won't scare anybody. I don't care if I get banned just had to speak my mind on EA's attempt thinking they're in the same boat as 2K!

They even have Yao's tree trunk legs.....

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 01:55 AM   #176
Rookie

OVR: 13
I think on the whole, Live's faces are "better" than 2Ks but in these provided shots, EVERY player has the same expression on his face. If Live doesn't have facial expressions I think you have to factor in the lack thereof when comparing between the two.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »