Home

NBA 2K10 Q&A: Retail Copy in Hand

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Q&A: Retail Copy in Hand within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 04:46 PM   #377
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K10 Q&A: Retail Copy in Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodex14
are there any celebrations on buzzer beaters...maybe balloons and graffiti on a championship game? what about the playoffs introductions, the finals introductions? are we going to see that huge NBA Final trophy while the players name are being called? are we going to see that Boston Celtic mascot carrying that flag on the sideline and running with it?

Thanks a bunch!!!
see its little things like this that I check for. When the playoffs start, there should be different introductions and reactions from the players when they win or lose. When you make it to the Finals, there should be a short cut-scene of the guys in the locker room spraying champagne everywhere, gathered around the Conference Championship trophy, etc. When you win the title, there should be cameramen and reporters all over the court, with the players huddled around each other, wearing white championship tee shirts and ball caps....things like that.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:50 PM   #378
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

Tendencies

Tyler

Buke

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlevel
Can you control who is involved on a

rotation/defensive help? For example, even if I'm beaten by Tony Parker on a drive to the basket, I still don't want my teammates that are guarding Mason Jr. or Ginobli to leave their men on the perimeter, giving them open looks at a three ball.

Thanks!

I brought this up when I was out there but it was to late to add any other options to the coaching options interface. Hopefully we will see more options like this in the future.

Until then this kind of thing is tied into your pressure setting. If you set your man to play Kobe "tight" he's less likely to rotate/help than someone who's pressure setting is normal or loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
As someone who only played the game on default sliders last year: does the AI try fewer alley-oops? Seemed like they'd always get three or four on me a game last year (default settings, with the difficulty upped one from default). Also, is the AI just a tad less skilled on jump shots out-of-the-box, compared to 2K9?

I've heard NBA2K10 has adopted a ratings spread, a la Madden 10. How effective is it? Good move by 2K, in your opinion?

Finally, a rather specific question: is PG Sean Singletary in the game, either with the 76ers or as a free agent? Does he have his real face if so, or a generic face? Could you post an in-game picture of him if he is in the game?

Thanks.
He is in as a free agent. I assigned him to philly to snap a shot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branflakz16
For those doing screens, a shot of DeRozan and/or Bargnani would be lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
Screenshot of Rodney Stuckey and Ben Gordon please! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabric
2. How does the CAP in the 2k10 differ from the Draft Combine?

It's the same

- Are the isomotion and shooting options different than in the D.C.? Or is it all still Rookie Bigman 1-5 or Pro Guard 1-4 etc.?

There are All-star and Superstar packages.

- Does the game display the overall rating somewhere in the edit player/create player screen?

No

- When you create players, is the option to create another player at the top or the bottom of the list?

No

3. How does the Create a Rookie Class feature work? Does the game just create 60-70 random players which you can then edit or do you create them one by one? Would any of you be kind enough to post a picture from this feature?

The game has 60-70 players that you can go in and edit. You use the same CAP system that you use to create a player/my player.

9. Have there been made any changes to the Blacktop mode(s)?

No.

Grateful for all and any answers. You guys do a bang up job

No problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Point Blank
Are the Mavs new alternate uni's in the game?

I don't see these or the Rockets' new ones. Hopefully they will be added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball_1523
are there dynamic crowds?

No

Quote:
Originally Posted by truballer845
This is to Pared or any of you other guys that have the game,does the cpu mixed up their offensive attack,do guys that are known for creating shots for their self off the dribble do so?,do the cpu run pick and roll,hows the cpu shot selection? And one more question is the cpu able to recognize that they have a mitch match

I would have to spend some more time to see if the AI realizes it has a mismatch, I haven't really been looking for it. They do run PnR's though. Utah ran it about 6 times on me in the 1st quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
For any one of you guys to answer...

Is the A.I. utilizing pick and rolls more often?

Last year, teams never used pick and roll unless they ran a play that had a pick and roll. That's a pretty big thing IMO because there isn't one team in the league that doesn't use Pick and rolls extensively.

It would be nice to see the A.I. use pick and rolls on broken plays or on the fly.

See previous. I saw the Jazz run them, but that's sort of their bread and butter. I will test some more teams out to see if teams' whose game plan doesn't revolve around the PnR run them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
yay! monta has his tats....now wheres baby jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRICH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster
+Have they fixed the overly generous assist count?
+Do we get more stat overlays during the games (there were none whatsoever in the konsolekings vids) ?

There are a lot more stat overlays. I haven't really looked at the assist problem, I will get back to you on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan901
Im starting to get worried. IS ALLEN IVERSON IN THE GAME as a GRIZZ or what?? lol (pic PLEASE )

Iverson is in the game as a Free Agent. I'm sure he will be assigned to the Grizz when the first update hits. I'm not posting his ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wejwer
could you please send an image of MARCIN GORTAT ?

I purposely ignored Association questions. I have them saved in a doc, I'm going to start one up and group them all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.

Last edited by eDotd; 09-25-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:52 PM   #379
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Oakley Foul
see its little things like this that I check for. When the playoffs start, there should be different introductions and reactions from the players when they win or lose. When you make it to the Finals, there should be a short cut-scene of the guys in the locker room spraying champagne everywhere, gathered around the Conference Championship trophy, etc. When you win the title, there should be cameramen and reporters all over the court, with the players huddled around each other, wearing white championship tee shirts and ball caps....things like that.
I agree! makes it feel more realistic and you get a sense of achievment
Old 09-25-2009, 04:53 PM   #380
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

WT, those blues aren't in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:53 PM   #381
MVP

XenoZograscope's Arena

OVR: 15

Lovin the expansion on the tendencies, thanx MC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD OF LIFE
idc what you think man, only god can jude me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #382
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Oakley Foul
Yeah I agree, I would love to hear about this, but in all my MANY times in asking these guys to hit me up about the playoffs or championship celebration, they never deliever, they are really too busy to go that deep in the association to answer our questions unfortunately. You're probably going to have to wait until somebody gets it earlier from a mom and pops store and ask them.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #383
Rookie

OVR: 1

Great job MC.

Can I ask for a Stephen Jackson screen? And if my question regarding if his shot has been fixed could be answered, that'd be appreciated as well.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #384
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Wow. Pistons look great.

DeRozan bout to choke a bitch.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »