Home

NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Defensive Gameplay

This is a discussion on NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Defensive Gameplay within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-24-2009, 12:33 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
Not really new, that momentous trailer #3. There's a whole other thread for discussion on that
New Momentous Trailer (09/24/09)posted at 09-24-2009, 12:33 AM

09/24/09 08:37 AM
This is of the topic but here is new video trailer. Check it out.
dang i think u r over reacting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 5
Man now im excited and after watchin that new trailer im past excited im ready for Oct 6
Old 09-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #123
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Defensive Gameplay Insight is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
So because I asked you to get online, that just means I don't play offline? Come on now. THAT is the problem right? You are seriously reaching

It doesn't work on command ON or OFFLINE.

Contesting in 2K9 is NOT fine. You can NOT do it on command whenever you want. It is sporadic.
ive played against some skilled players that can contest shots easily while playing on ball defense. Its a skill that not everyone can do and it takes ALOT of practice . I was forced to learn this in 2k7 and it works great and easier in 2k9. The key is knowing your oppenents players shot releases and looking for little animations they do before their feet leave the ground. Its a skill that only great on ball defenders possess. From playing the DC it works even better in the paint during post moves. Play the ALL AMERICAN TRAINING in CH2k8 it will let you practice contesting shots all day.

looks as though people that are excellent at on ball D and shot contest timing will dominate this game

Last edited by Teebone21; 09-24-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:27 PM   #124
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
ive played against some skilled players that can contest shots easily while playing on ball defense. Its a skill that not everyone can do and it takes ALOT of practice . I was forced to learn this in 2k7 and it works great and easier in 2k9. The key is knowing your oppenents players shot releases and looking for little animations they do before their feet leave the ground. Its a skill that only great on ball defenders possess. From playing the DC it works even better in the paint during post moves. Play the ALL AMERICAN TRAINING in CH2k8 it will let you practice contesting shots all day.

looks as though people that are excellent at on ball D and shot contest timing will dominate this game
co-sign Teebone. There were some great on ball contesters on line in 2k9. I met my fair share of them.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:58 AM   #125
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Lock on does NOT challenge the shot every single time.
I went in and practiced this the other night. I'm able to get the hand in the face contest to fire off pretty consistently, but you are right, its tough to get it to fire "every single time".

You have to be in perfect "locked-in close" (you know how there are three locked on distances?), and its damn hard to get into that position on the fly.

Like Born mentioned, it can be done regularly, but the system is VERY picky with the spacing.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »