Home

Top Twenty Ways to Improve NBA 2K on the Court (Part One)

This is a discussion on Top Twenty Ways to Improve NBA 2K on the Court (Part One) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
What about true player movement? It seems like the players are running in place as they move down the court. It seems animation heavy. It should be a natural flow as the players walk. Not sliding.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:42 PM   #10
Legend in the making...

CallMeDrop's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Twenty Ways to Improve NBA 2K on the Court

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Are you being sarcastic?

If you really wanted a simulation you wouldn't be able to see the entire court, only what is in your field of vision. Of course there's your peripheral vision, but that's insanely difficult to implement on a TV screen/monitor.

That comment actually doesn't make any sense... unless of course you were being sarcastic.
School em Pared!
Old 09-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4
Are they saying the passings been improved? and the rebounding?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #12
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
This is one thing I don’t understand. Ever since I’ve join online forums and stuff. I just don’t understand the complain of Auto-Ball (as they say on 2k forums) or Auto defense. It sounds like you’re going against everything that you ask for. You ask for simulation. But if someone throws a lazy pass on a defender like lets say James Posey or Bruce Bowen. I remember someone complain on 2k forums about Anderson Varejao and Big Z getting too many offensive rebounds for users. I mean they do it in real-life. Why shouldn’t they be able to do….exactly what do really do in real-life. Players with higher defensive awareness or high rebound ratings should be a little user friend. When not controlled. I think it’s your job to play to your personnel’s strength. If you throw a stupid pass in football. You should get it intercepted. Sometimes it sounds like you guys want a game where all the players stand around and don’t move. Unless a user is controlling them. No one would buy the game.

But I could totally understand you argument if you said sometimes like “Chris Paul is consistently getting offensive rebounds vs. my bigs because the computer is controlling him”. Then I could understand….But that doesn’t happen in 2k.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Top Twenty Ways to Improve NBA 2K on the Court (Part One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
What about true player movement? It seems like the players are running in place as they move down the court. It seems animation heavy. It should be a natural flow as the players walk. Not sliding.
This is one of my major gripes with the game. I was doing the cone drill in the Draft combine yesterday and you can't just run around the cones like a guard would; you have to string the dribble animations together. It's much more difficult than it should be because it doesn't feel like you are walking/running, you feel trapped in a dribble animation.

Also, the scoring in the paint needs to be addressed. While playing the Draft Combine my player missed some put backs under the rim because the opposing team's C was right on me - this is good. In 2K9 I could make those with a tiny PG. I'm glad those baskets aren't automatic points. I hope that translates into 2K10 so that the mid-range game will actually be useful. I hated when I'd play someone and they'd have 70 points in the paint, 2 points off a mid-range jumper, and 21 points from the three.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #14
Strategy

OVR: 36
I expected to see player movement...did i miss it.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:14 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7
I swear I hate to make comparisons because it may start a war. I'm an objective gamer, so here it is. Put that video of NBA Live 10 against that video of NBA 2K10. Watch how the players in Live bring the ball up the court and how players move their feet and legs. Notice how smooth and realistic it is. Then look at 2K's players. They are jogging while dribbling and moving. Too animation heavy and trapped in it, like jshmoopy stated. This was brought up in complaints about 2K9 and does NOT seem like the devs listened to the community.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 04:38 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 8
Swiftychampleone, you have a point. Although I hate to compare both games myself, Live does out weigh in this area and should be implemented in 2k. Also further note, you may notice when watching Live players run a fast break, they push the ball in front of them to gain more momentum leading into a dunk or layup (very realistic) unlike 2k keeping the same simple running animation leading into a dunk or layup (very unrealistic).

All in all, 2k has great qualities that Live doesn't have, vise verse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »