Home

NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Defensive Gameplay

This is a discussion on NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Defensive Gameplay within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-23-2009, 11:13 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 3
Nice article. Defense is as important as the graphics and small details in 2K. Looking forward to see and feel the changes they've made.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:19 PM   #98
Pro

Aces15's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Defensive Gameplay

Well I think it's obvious all of this sounds impressive, but the execution of all of this is what's important. How often these blocks happen, when they initiate, how defensive rotations differ from team to team.

I can't wait for the answers to these questions.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:01 AM   #99
MVP

OVR: 30
This was the most impressive thing I've read about the upcoming 2K10 game...but I still need dat demo, siiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssss and madams. I already put dough on Live 10 but that doesn't mean I won't buy 2K10 if I like the demo...if it comes out before release day. Otherwise I will just rent it to see whuss really good then make a decision.

Once again, I really liked what I read in that article. They're trying to regain a seemingly once loyal customer in me.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:06 AM   #100
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKasmar
I'm happy Rob addressed the double teams

Help Defense sounds good but will probably result in some sliding

Here's a defensive video of the DC to give a look at some defensive plays
Damn, that looks like some good stuff but the funny thing is that I have the DC, too. Lol. The Live 10 took me over and I haven't played the DC in a minute. I think my mind is running 2Ks of the past together with the DC and I'm tiring of 2K so I don't notice many of the diffs, anymore but you've made me wanna fire up a few games which I'll do in a minute.

Uhh, thx for the reminder. Lol.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:10 AM   #101
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces15
Well I think it's obvious all of this sounds impressive, but the execution of all of this is what's important. How often these blocks happen, when they initiate, how defensive rotations differ from team to team.

I can't wait for the answers to these questions.
Blocks frequency is also affected by sliders, so you can change it. But if there's a good D, you don't have to be blocked in order to miss - and that's where team defense can shine.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 12:17 AM   #102
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

I'm so glad the blocks will no longer be predetermined...or that help rotations will be solid and create weakside openings.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:17 AM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 8

By the dev's words in the Insight, they've addressed pretty much every complaint I had with 2K9.

All we need now is an extended gameplay video, or a demo. But this is very heartening. He seemed to know exactly what was wrong with 2K9 (paint passes, collision detection inside, unstoppable animations inside and on perimeter, help D, etc) and focused on fixing them.

One thing I don't see mentioned often is how the players shoot. The forms themselves were excellent in 2K9 IMO, but very few players actually flicked their wrists, but rather they would kinda follow thru as if they were shooting the ball at a 30ft high basket. Hopefully they addressed that also.

But off this Insight alone, some of my concerns from that silly IGN video are put to rest.

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Old 09-24-2009, 12:48 AM   #104
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Great read !!! Hope the execution is as good as the planning. With everything else they added it should be a very fun game to play.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »