Home

NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Defensive Gameplay

This is a discussion on NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Defensive Gameplay within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: Defensive Gameplay Insight is up

Quote:
One memorable game-ending sequence we had in the office was a fastbreak block from behind by Lebron with seconds left in the 4th quarter.
Would like to see this in the next Momentus trailer or gameplay footage. This is a huge selling point.

Regarding the blocking, he didn't really put into words that you DONT enter a suction blocking animation but rather theres no scripted animation for it right? So you still can get suctioned into a block instead of just a momentum and timing thing?
Old 09-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #34
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

You know what kinda burns me up about the pessimist this year is that whether they are closet EA fans or not its that they are a year too late. If you wanted to jump ship you should have done it with 2k9. 2k9 was the 60 dollars that made me roll my eyes. The DC is much better than it. Many of the 2k9 issues were addressed in the DC so the only real challenge with 2k10 is sliders and polish. If fun is your video game objective 2k9 was the game you should have passed on. That was when you should have come to these boards and complained or warned people. Heck I did it after the 2k9's gameplay vids.

I could be wrong but based on how I felt last year and the DC 2k10 seems to be much more fun.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:40 PM   #35
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

They did in one of the insights...as mentioned already the animations where also for the coaches, cheerleaders, mascots, crowds and uhm the various sized players....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 08:40 PM   #36
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Yes it would noob hopefully its an depth vid that gives examples of everything they talked about.

Its not enough to just show us a trailer (imo at least) give us a vid of the developer walking us through the process.

If they do anything like that it'll be great because that will address concerns or doubts something you can't really do with a trailer.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:41 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 4

I was watchin one of da Wii gameplay videos for 2k10 on IGN dey have kick ball violations dis year dats cool.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:42 PM   #38
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Yea no more trailers!! Straight gameplay footage of the devs playing the game showing off the D!!
Old 09-23-2009, 08:44 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
This was from the Hoopsworld preview:

You can read preview here: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13869. It seems like every new preview I read that involves interviewing the developers, they state that they captured 9,000 new animations for this game. They never give a disclosure stating that only SOME of these were captured for 2K10. I wish a 2K developer would come on here and clear this issue up a bit.
http://www.gamespot.com/sports/blogs...irst-look.html

i would never steer you wrong man but in that hoops article he never said that all 9000 was in 2k10.

Of course, correcting player proportions is just one of the issues addressed in this year's game. As gameplay producer Rob Jones told me, the team wanted to address animations in a comprehensive way this year. To that end, Jones said his mo-cap team captured something in the realm of 9,000 animations during the mo-cap sessions for 2K10. And while not all of those animations were entered into this year's game, a good chunk have either replaced older animations or been added to the game. As he put it, if an animation is pre-NBA 2K9, it had less than a 50 percent chance of making it into NBA 2K10. Part of that new animation philosophy had to do with providing further definition between players. Naturally, a point guard will have access to a different set of moves than a massive center, but developers didn't stop there. They also wanted to capture the differences between how a 7-foot player moves from how a 6-foot-9-inch player gets around the court. As a result, Yao Ming will move like Yao (assuming he ever plays again, that is), Nene will move like Nene, and Steve Nash will do his thing.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #40
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
This was from the Hoopsworld preview:

You can read preview here: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13869. It seems like every new preview I read that involves interviewing the developers, they state that they captured 9,000 new animations for this game. They never give a disclosure stating that only SOME of these were captured for 2K10. I wish a 2K developer would come on here and clear this issue up a bit.
They captured 9000 but that doesnt mean they are going to use all of them. You put in what works. I bet less than a third of them made it into the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »