Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-23-2009, 04:01 PM   #1401
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Jsky you missed alot of info and interaction going on here in the past few months so it would serve you best to go back and re read everything, blogs, previews, reviews because all of that info it out there.
I don't think that will be necessary. We all at times fire off in the wrong manner as none of us are perfect at least I hope not As far as I'm concerned the matter is done with. Those who know me on this forum can vouch that I try to be respectful to others as I would want others to be to me. Thanks for the referral it is appreciated. At some point I may go back through the threads and do some research or just wait for the final product comes out and read the feedback. Peace!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #1402
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Again, we keep pointing to the help rotations as a sign of adequate defense. The help defense isn't the issue here. I love the help defense... You should be able to take a lock down defender such as Ron Artest and almost bully the offensive player, not just "stay in front of them." You should be able to take Gasol and move Lewis from deep in the post. Your other points are exactly what I'm referring to as well. Each position has it's own little mini-game that the user should be playing.

Picking off passes is a very hit or miss scenario as well. I've seen a good number go through players.

The best way to describe the defense is adequate. The help defense is spectacular... but aside from that, the one on one man defense needs improvement. It needs involvement. Right now, you stay in front of your man and wait until they do something. That's boring. If you had to pick a side to play, what would you rather do? Not everyone wants to score, score, score.

If you (not being specific here) think I'm belaboring the point, you're reading my comments incorrectly.

I wouldn't call guys out like that so much here, sky. The devs have shown a willingness to take part in these discussions... if they don't respond to general comments, there is definitely a solid reason.

I just want the other side of the ball portrayed as well as the offense was this year. I loved the inclusion of the manual contest without leaving the feet (go back and read my posts when I figured it out and was helping others on the boards)... but it doesn't even really do anything. You can't use it when they are shooting.... which completely defeats the entire purpose of it.
Pared I still don't really get what your saying. From what I see, the one on one defense is spot on to what you see in real life. You can't just go up to the ball handler and just body him all over the court. That's a foul. 95% of the time when contact is made it's the ball handler that made it. The defenders job is to keep the ball handler in front of him. When you see Artest playing defense, he is moving his feet, Battier, he is moving his feet. When contact has been made it's the offensive player into the defensive player which is never called a foul. This allows for the body contact similar to what you see in NBA Live. To me the locomotion/momentum of each player has added a variety to what you see defensive, and what player can guard another.

Improvement, Yes. But as of right now its pretty good to me.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:55 PM   #1403
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
good point Born. I agree.

And I dont knwo but when I have Artest or Kobe on me in Live i defintly have to work for my points.

not saying the d is perfect...nothing ever is and it can always be improved.

just saying i can work with it.
Born's not talking about the CPU defense he's talking about the user's AI teammates on D. Some of the AI defenders don't perform like the Lockdown Defenders they are known to be.

Artest and Howards impact aren't that huge in demo when they are not user controlled. I honestly don't feel like I could put Artest on the offense's best player and he'll lock him down.

That's what my beef is, if I'm playing w/ a team that plays good D I shouldn't have control everything myself. My teammates should be able to play good D on their own because they are good defenders.

This won't effect players that control every player like I said earlier, but for those that like to rely on their teammates it can become a problem.

The good thing is all you have to do is make an adjustment and you can start playing good D. But this can scare off some players because most BBall games don't force you to play this way.

This is something I hope is improved in the final version. If its not I hope its something that is worked on for Live 11.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #1404
Pro

OVR: 9

No the game is not perfect, but right now it feels like basketball. The game should make you have to work a little. The great defenders are better with their feet and upper body strength. Hence, they are harder to penetrate to the rim on.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #1405
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Well that's why we don't know yet because it could very well be in the final, or better yet tuned in the patch.. Or ratings adjustments last of all

Won't jump ahead to live 11 yet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 05:40 PM   #1406
Banned

OVR: 16

everytime Carter guards me as Kobe and I juke into him then pull back as a spin he strips the ball this happens 100%. and vc is no arrest the demo has defense issues
Old 09-23-2009, 05:43 PM   #1407
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
everytime Carter guards me as Kobe and I juke into him then pull back as a spin he strips the ball this happens 100%. and vc is no arrest the demo has defense issues
So maybe you should stop doing that move?

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #1408
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »