Home

NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #233
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN)

i want to see some 2k10 wii previews lol.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:39 PM   #234
Rookie

OVR: 2
2k did absolutely nothing to improve their series, it looks like the same game from last year. Live improved year to year. 2k9 last year it was impossible to stop someone off the dribble it took me 10 months to learn how to play solid defense. From the video's it looks like nothing has changed that aspect as Lebron got to the hole at will and Shaq is not the dominant player he used to be no way should he be catching tip dunks and dunking on 3 lakers standing in the paint. Where is the defense.

That Kobe animation off the jump shot looked absolutely disgusting. C'mon 2k I know Mike Wang could not have been all you guys had over there???
Old 09-22-2009, 05:51 PM   #235
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

nothing? it was 3 minutes...

Ive played these games for years now and one 5 minute sequence could look 100% different than another isolated 5 minute sequence..

why do so many people have concrete statements about their like or dislike? its okay to be neutral... you like it then you hate it.. you hate it then you like. why be so flip floppy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 05:55 PM   #236
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12

Man am I late to this party...Vid was cool only thing that stood out to me, as was mentioned countless times already was the presentation. Crowd and Stadium ambience is MUCH improved from last year. Kevin and Kellogs reaction to Shaqs tip dunk was seamless and sounded excellent. No background reaction from "The Jet" like 2k9 haha.

As others have mentioned, with Rob's statment of 9,000 new animations added, I was surprised to only really catch a few. Since it's only a 3 min vid...it's cool. Perhaps I'll need to watch it again, wait for a larger sample size or just wait till October 6.

Court spacing "appears" to be improved. There will be no way to confirm this until I play myself.

Anyway, looking forward to more...

Last edited by Gmoney2002; 09-22-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:00 PM   #237
Hoops Mechanic

Sovartus's Arena

OVR: 20

Ok, here are a couple of observations from the Gameplay Video. Without picking up a controller i can't speak of the gameplay and what it really feels like so don't attack what I have to say.

I noticed that the game still slides considerably. I looks a lot like the Combine. I noticed that Lebron went through Pau for his lay up and that was one of my major pet peaves with this game in 2k9. It's obvious that they didn't fix the things that would make me want to play this game and I'm a little disappointed so far with what I've seen. The only thing I will say is a plus for 2K this year is that they always have an awesome online league set up.

This year Live really dropped the ball with the online league functionality but I know first hand that they are working on it for 11.

I can see improvements in the presentation for 2K which is what I said they would do in an earlier post this year. I can't say they didn't make the game better than 2K9 because they did. I just don't like the areas they chose to improve. I want full control of my players. I want real physics. I want to see players doing what they would do in real life with and without the ball. It's one thing to run sets but it's a totally different story to have the players acting intelligently independant of the canned things they are programmed to do.

One of the things I hated about 2K9 was that the CPU went for the paint as often as possible. I mean it was frustrating to see it iso it's way into the lane to get the best shooting percentage it could. Now that they have taken the lock on D away, it will be almost impossible to play defense online. Reason being, the lack of control of the players due to animations. You can see where if you get close to an offensive player, your man automatically goes into a defensive stance animation and it slows you down. It appears that he lost a lot of control when it happens.

I will have to play the game to see what is really happening with the game. The guy playing really must be a Lebron fan because he is all about forcing the action with him. I'm not saying that he is a cheeser, but it was cheese-like.

I will go back into wait and see mode now.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:02 PM   #238
Rookie

OVR: 0
Love the commentary. Not sure if this was in previous versions of the game but at 1:45 the commentators says " Gasol gets a pick by Bynum" love how intricate the new commentary is. However the vid is not long enough to judge gameplay
Old 09-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #239
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncinatti
Love the commentary. Not sure if this was in previous versions of the game but at 1:45 the commentators says " Gasol gets a pick by Bynum" love how intricate the new commentary is. However the vid is not long enough to judge gameplay

Agreed, seems really authentic. I also liked the stadium sounds i was hearing that was awesome.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #240
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Very nice indeed. Huge improvements in the commentary and overall atmosphere in the arena. Player movement looks nice and the signature styles are looking better than ever. It's looks like the best got even better. I can't wait for October. Playing in different arenas is going to be so much fun. Very impressive!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »