Home

NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #225
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo
Yeah, a tiny head. Perfect description.
I'll take that though, rather than big heads haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #226

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I just can't wait to get my hands on the game. Also I'd like to see a closer or different camera view. It seemed a little too far back, or angled funny or something.
I felt the same way. I must be use to the original angle that 2K normally uses.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:53 PM   #227
Rookie

OVR: 13
PLUSSESSS!!!!!

Great commentary! (although one or two lines were in last year's game). I loved how Harlan and Kellogg went into a tangent and then when they stopped Harlan caught up the action and said what happened a moment ago.

Great intro! Nice arena animations along with a little pre-game banter about what each team needs to do.

Great arena sounds! Loved how they put in the "DAY-O" crowd chant along with other Staples Center sounds.

Graphics look great! but not all that changed.

MINUSESSS!!!!

Dang! The computer whips the ball around two much and makes amazing passes: DFish's no-look behind the head touch pass to Bryant for a jumper at 1:47 and Bryant passes out of a double-team in mid jumpshot to find Gasol at :42. I had to tweak the shnozzle out of 2K9 before the CP stopped doing hyper-awareness miracle passes that resulted in a layup ev-er-y-time.

Fat Shaq don't dunk on Gasol and Bynum at 2:26.

That lame hook shot animation that players do when ever they are close to the basket regardless of the situation. Thought we left that in 2K7.

BONUSESSSS!!!

Where my demo?!!!

Sprite sucks.

Shaq is fat.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:40 PM   #228
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10
Smile Re: NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN)

Enjoyed the video, looking forward to getting my hands on this. Looks like another $120 this year again.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:14 PM   #229
Supporter

OVR: 22

There were things there in this video to like, along with a few hiccups as the vid went on. What I'm not understanding is all of this "it looks like NBA 2K9.1111222121212". For those who've said this in this thread (too many to quote), exactly what were you expecting to see in a 3 minute gameplay clip (question is pretty straightforward)? Things that I saw/heard that I like:

-The Shaq put back dunk. Kevin Harlan made it that much better with the way he called the play. If you listen, Harlan was getting ready to talk about Lebrons' missed lay up attempt, and all of a sudden, Shaq comes from out of nowhere, and catches the commentators by surprise, completely changing the dynamic of what was about to be talked about. All that's left to be said after wards in regard to the commentary is, what a difference a year make.

CPU running their offensive play sets. Honestly, I'm surprised this isn't getting more pub. Every time I signed onto this website late last year, there was a thread involving how the CPU cheats, and constantly force feed the ball into the paint, and from my recollection, this appeared to be a problem on most difficulty settings (excluding rookie). The Lakers (which was CPU controlled) were going through the motions of their offense, setting things up both inside and outside, taking what the user gives them. I didn't see the CPU force anything on the offensive side; now the user controlled team, that's another story, but it possibly look like that legit games can be had against the CPU this year because of tendencies and playsets.

The spacing. If you pop in NBA 2K9, and compare it with this video, its quite obvious that work was done in this area (unlike past years). This can be contributed to the help d (and yes you can see help D in this brief video), and the player sizes being reduced by a wide margin. The spacing will literally open this game up to things that weren't possible in all of the other 2K b-ball games in the past.

So maybe those who say this looks like NBA 2K9.1111222121212 are talking about strictly from a graphics stand point, and even that is a reach with the players facial expressions constantly changing, along with the non-blurred courts, and no jaggies (video is not even in HD). This brief video showed some things to be excited about if you are "genuinely" (notice my word selection there) looking at this as a possible purchase. Also, @ Varejao preparing to take a dive at the 2:48 mark.

Things that I didn't like:

I would still like to see more fluidity, and natural movements from the CPU while running plays.

The passes still have way too much zip on them, which can lead to alot of PITP.

The Kobe pass out of his shot to Gasol was awkward looking.

The pass off the rim. Kinda funny at this moment in time, until it happens to me.

All in all, when I look at my positives and gripes, I think the upside of the positives far exceeds things that I'm seeing as negative on this video.

Last edited by Epiffani; 09-22-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #230
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm withholding judgment until the demo drops, but I didn't think Live's videos were overly impressive and I had a blast with that demo. I hated both games last year and opted for an extra year of 2k8, but Live 10 is buyable and you can see drastic improvements in this video over 2k9. Spacing is much better, the mid-range game exists, etc. I was really impressed with the 2k commentary as well. My worries with 2k are that it is still a canned animation game in some aspects. The 2k videos look, IMO, more realistic, but because of foot planting and locomotion Live 10 just feels better than any b-ball game I've played before. Hopefully 2k matches that. Tough choice this year....
Old 09-22-2009, 04:17 PM   #231
Rookie

plyrically's Arena

OVR: 6

Shouldn't the stanks at Lakers' Staples be darkened-out?

Like this?

You won't always be the best shooter. You won't always be the best rebounder, or defender, either. What you can always do the best though, is play hard. Once you do that, Everything else will take care of itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #232
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

The only thing I can say I was hoping to see was the off the ball animations that the other game has. If 2k could add these it'd take it to the next level. It adds so much to to the other games look that if they weren't there, the other game would lose alot of its charm that it has this year.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »