Home

NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 01:06 PM   #217
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflnutt
Most of you want to Play Ea Basketball not Nba Basketball, 2k games always play closer to the real thing while Ea just makes their own rules.
This has to be the most ridiculous statement I've read. 2K basketball play closest to the real game?

Explain how a individual can complete a series of move, 360 spins, crossovers, behind the back dribbles,ect. while not even moving a single inch until they force their way into the paint for a dunk.

Street Ball is not NBA Basketball.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 09-22-2009, 01:09 PM   #218
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
This has to be the most ridiculous statement I've read. 2K basketball play closest to the real game?

Explain how a individual can complete a series of move, 360 spins, crossovers, behind the back dribbles,ect. while not even moving a single inch until they force their way into the paint for a dunk.

Street Ball is not NBA Basketball.
quoted for truth. 2k9 let you do 8 spins in a row and dunk on 3 people. its a video game but truth is dunks would be alot more spectacular if they werent so easy to do and didnt happen almost 15+ times a game

Last edited by Teebone21; 09-22-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:09 PM   #219
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
tiny head...ive noticed that a few of the players suffer from this...probably because of the new head models they have but still they couldve enlarged em just a wee bit...was that nit picky? lol

the only player that looks to be in proportion is D Fisher...
Yeah, a tiny head. Perfect description.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #220
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
quoted for truth. 2k9 let you do 8 spins in a row and dunk on 3 people. its a video game but truth is dunks would be alot more spectacular if they werent so easy to do and didnt happen almost 15+ times a game
Yep Yep Yep
Old 09-22-2009, 01:15 PM   #221
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
2k has it right. Thats Jack's seat and they will never change that seat.
cool :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo
Yeah, a tiny head. Perfect description.
If i recall Lebron suffered from this last year but after a roster update his head was more in proportion with his body...so i wouldnt worry about this...unless they drastically change the coding or something due to the new facial animations and stuff....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #222
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

So you are saying they changed the size of LeBron's head through a roster update?
Old 09-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #223
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
So you are saying they changed the size of LeBron's head through a roster update?
yeah...i remember someone pointing that out...i just dont remember where i read it though...unless they just changed his body from buff to skinny to make it look more proportion..
Old 09-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #224
Rookie

HiTEqMETHOD's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
Overall the movement looks very sluggish and I can tell from the video that there is till no dribbling control and there is no real ability to beat your man off the dribble.

One thing Live did great this year is add signature DRIBBLING moves and crossovers - players in Live actually MOVE like themselves - looking at these 2k10 vids, all the players pretty much dribble the same and like I said there are no size-up moves or one-on-one moves AT ALL. 2k completely lacks the 1-on-1 game. 1-on-1 play is a big part of nba basketball, but 2k has completely ignored it for years.
Wow, 2k has no 1 on 1 game...sounds to me like someone just doesn't know the controls.....sluggish and lack of control....I will agree that you sometimes get locked in an animation, but that's only when someone is cheesing or playing overly aggressive on either end. You know when people start trying to dribble past the entire defense with kobe, etc. I honestly have no idea how you could think there's a lack of control and no 1 on 1 game unless you simply just don't know how to perform the moves and what triggers them. It's called depth, something Live's controls lack. Post moves, the cross over, iso motion moves. It's all there but like I said you apparently just don't know how to use them.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »