Home

NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 12:35 PM   #209
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN)

I'm not buying this if the perimeter game stinks again.

Last year, if you tried to play Kobe the way Kobe actually plays, you'd spend the entire game ice cold. Dude takes 80% of his shots as jumpers, and most of those are extremely difficult shots.

Won't truly know until the demo drops...

Last edited by fffffffff9; 09-22-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #210
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
Someone mentioned how based of the 2k video D fish handled the ball too much which meant the playbooks werent authentic but hell in that video D fish was getting his Chris Paul on... I do think that this will be a great year of b-ball no matter what game you get
I made that observation earlier in the thread, Im a die hard laker fan I havent missed a game in 6 years, with that said... D Fish doesnt not initiate the lakers offense at ALL, Kobe does, and if you look at the 2k Vid you will notice Kobe will get the Offense started then go down to the post for a screen and then pop out looking to score.. Ive scene this scenario in real life for real, the only thing live did that was accurate in that vid was the players stood in a triangle formation, but they didnt run the offense. Also if you look at the 2k Vid you can see Phil Jackson doing his signature "whistle" and waving his hands, the lakers sit down after the first made basket, on Live it seems like they are standing the whole game.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #211
GOAT

Melman's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Has anyone seen Lakers court for the upcoming season? Maybe they changed it?

naw 2k jus jacked up the court.....and like someone else stated, the halfcourt line aint yellow....you'd think they get the court of the nba champs right. You know the Lakers will be the most played with team and they got it wrong....along with their organ and chants.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #212
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
I do think that this will be a great year of b-ball no matter what game you get
This

you don't have to tear one down to build the other up. In understanding be men!!!!!!

That said 2k has always been about subtle details . As such you really won't know what you have until you play it a good while. I like this. LOT better than the first video last year.

inros took me back to dreamcast days. Loved it. As I said with the other game it's probably not going to be perfect. If you can live with what it does not do well you will probably have a he'll of a game on your hands

@pared
excellent post on the differences !!!
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #213
Rookie

I don't like those one handed jump passes in 2K at all. They need to go. You don't see those too often in the NBA.

Shaq (his body type/size) looks a bit odd to me.

Play by play/color commentary sounds waaay better.

Loved seeing Kobe taking advantage of his size in the post. Actually backing his defender down. Great sign.

Looks solid, but I need to see more gameplay videos. Nothing wowed me.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #214
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo
I don't like those one handed jump passes in 2K at all. They need to go. You don't see those too often in the NBA.

Shaq (his body type/size) looks a bit odd to me.

Play by play/color commentary sounds waaay better.

Loved seeing Kobe taking advantage of his size in the post. Actually backing his defender down. Great sign.

Looks solid, but I need to see more gameplay videos. Nothing wowed me.
tiny head...ive noticed that a few of the players suffer from this...probably because of the new head models they have but still they couldve enlarged em just a wee bit...was that nit picky? lol

the only player that looks to be in proportion is D Fisher...

Last edited by Goffs; 09-22-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:02 PM   #215
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
i just googled that earlier comparing Lives and 2k's what caught my eye was how wide the dorna was for Lives compared to 2k's...2k have fans next to the coaches while Lives doesnt...

i dont know if they changed the seating this year...

2k has it right. Thats Jack's seat and they will never change that seat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 01:04 PM   #216
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fffffffff9
I'm not buying this if the perimeter game stinks again.

Last year, if you tried to play Kobe the way Kobe actually plays, you'd spend the entire game ice cold. Dude takes 80% of his shots as jumpers, and most of those are extremely difficult shots.

Won't truly know until the demo drops...
perimeter game is great in 2k9 its just that people dont have the confidence to shoot the midrange. i rarely play with the lakers but when i do, i just run plays and get open jumpers. its something so simple that only 15% of the population actually take advangate of.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »