Home

NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #137
Rookie

brs2305's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K10 Videos (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
pictures aren't always what the real deal is. especially because it might be a poor angle, a weird facial expression etc. have you ever seen a pic and in real life been like "that looks nothing like her" (think college days lol jk) that's why i don't always judge these unless i see multiple shots or play the game for myself. i've seen a lot of pictures that looked good or bad in the past then it was different when i played for better or worse.
Yeah I totally get you. Just look at the totally controversal opinions on here. One guy said LBJ looked like 60 to him, the other one said he looks more like a 19 year old boy.

My main point was actually the logos on court like the "Lakers" one. They had been a visual pain in the *** last year. The same in DC. The "Attack" logo is the same way like 2k9 and looks terrible...

I am very happy they changed it...
Old 09-22-2009, 10:00 AM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs2305
oh and about the graphics...not happy with the faces as of now, although the vid quality is not good either,

but ... I have to compliment 2k for making it happen...crystal clear logos oncourt instead of ugly pixel squish...

If you have a 360 do yourself a favor and download some of the trailers from the marketplace. I did that for the first time this morning, so it was the first time i was seeing the graphics on my tv in hd, and let me tell you it looks sooo wayy much better on your tv than it does on the computer. All my questions about how the graphics are going to turn out this year, are gone after watching the trailer on my tv, granted it is a trailer, but it it looks sooo much sicker than it does on youtube. The computer screen doesn't give the graphics justice at all lol
Old 09-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #139
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs2305
Yeah I totally get you. Just look at the totally controversal opinions on here. One guy said LBJ looked like 60 to him, the other one said he looks more like a 19 year old boy.

My main point was actually the logos on court like the "Lakers" one. They had been a visual pain in the *** last year. The same in DC. The "Attack" logo is the same way like 2k9 and looks terrible...

I am very happy they changed it...
yeah definitely. i think we'll get a good idea of the faces, logos, etc. as more video is hopefully released. safe to say some players will look terrible and some will look great just like every year!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:03 AM   #140
Rookie

brs2305's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtSimPlayer
If you have a 360 do yourself a favor and download some of the trailers from the marketplace. I did that for the first time this morning, so it was the first time i was seeing the graphics on my tv in hd, and let me tell you it looks sooo wayy much better on your tv than it does on the computer. All my questions about how the graphics are going to turn out this year, are gone after watching the trailer on my tv, granted it is a trailer, but it it looks sooo much sicker than it does on youtube. The computer screen doesn't give the graphics justice at all lol
Well, I am PS3 guy, but I will check if there is something in the store...
Old 09-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #141
Banned

OVR: 12

About what I expected from 2k..Nothing wowed me. Players still seem to skate...Some of the passes looked a little weird and Shaq and a few other players looked like they had PILLOWS under their jersey's...They looked bloated going up and down the court. The Tip Dunk was very nice and I hope thats something that can be user controlled.

I guess my problem with 2K is I've been waiting for them to take the game to the next level graphically and with physics since they were so far out in front of Live but it seems that their motto iss "if it aint broke..." I was not impressed with the Draft Combine demo but much of that was the awful 2K cam. IMO players don't feel like they have weight to them and there is just too much sliding for my tastes. I think 2k hit its stride with 2K7. Since 2k7 I've felt like I've been playing the exact same game every year but unfortunately the 2K8 and 2K9 games are not as tight as I recall 2K7.

After 10 years of loyal 2K purchases and playing their game this will likely be the first year I don't buy the game...Its a maybe rental at this point.

Last edited by dat swag; 09-22-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 10:10 AM   #142
Rookie

drewbaby1414's Arena

The only thing that I wasn't digging was the jump hook that was being done in the lane....But that is just minor to me.

What is going to make 2k10 so great is all the features

-36 player attributes and tendencies (love the off hand attribute)
-Association Mode that tracks every stat since the NBA started.
-Association Mode that has every facet of the NBA (restricted FA, 10 day,D lge)
-Total control of Association Mode (all 30 teams)
-New animations (put back slams, hanging on rim/power gorilla dunk
-Dribbling, fadaway, post up, dunk and lay up packages
-Dynamic play by play
-The ever so great file share with draft classes

Now if they fix the simulation engine and give us realistic stats for us junkies then the game will be right on the money!!!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:11 AM   #143
Pro

OVR: 10

Based on these videos, this game will be amazing. 2K9 was ridiculous, in both good and bad ways. Assuming they cleaned up a lot of the bad things with 2K9, there's no doubt this will be the greatest basketball game ever put out. I can't ----ing wait!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:12 AM   #144
GOAT

Melman's Arena

OVR: 8

Ima be real. As a primarily 2k player I was not thoroughly fasinated with this video. It was short and I know that this game will still be great. Their was some glitchy looking things going on in this short vid. Nothing that hasnt been in prior 2k's but I didnt like the animation of Kobe jumping with the pass. Thats the one thing that stood out from that short vid, I'm cool with that, it's a videogame. The tip dunk by Shaq was cool. Im not really gonna go into the gameplay because it was obvious the people playing the game didnt have the controls down and was not doing anything advanced. 2k is a very complex game with tons of moves you can pull off, these people playing didnt display that.

The actual crowd does sound better and a little more realistic (for 2k's standards). But this is the one area where Live does get 2k. The arena atmosphere in nba 2k10 would be fine in any other instance if Live 10's werent recordings from actual games. I seriously have to wonder if EA just has some kind of lisence that allows them to put real sounds in there game or does 2k not want to copy the real sounds? I'm just tired of 2k making these sound effects in their basement. The organ that they use is not the lakers organ. The Defense chants sound nothing like the real organ chant. Even the "GO Lakers" chant is wrong. Its more like "Here we go Lakers here we Go" (repeat). Seriously if 2k had the authentic sounds and used real crowds that Live uses it would be great. Instead I have to hear "2k beats" in my game and made up knock off arena sounds. Seriously Its like 2k has the "Aldi" brand of arena sounds (Aldi's by the way is a cheap grocery store that has all the knock off foods and cereals, instead of getting fruit loops your getting fruit holes) Now I'm a little concerned about the MSG organ, cause if they couldnt get the Staples Center down then they definatley didnt get MSG's either. They said we can edit and put our own sounds in the game thru the PA. Thats great......maybe I'll figure out a way to get the real sounds and real music that you would hear in a game.

Sounds of the game are just as important as the commentary, Which 2k did do better this year. The commentary is much better and I can hear that Clark and kevin were together this time. They mesh well this time around from what I have heard in the short clip. I just hope it doesnt get stale fast and it is in fact dynamic as they have stated it would be.

Ill wait till I play the demo to judge the gameplay, all in all Im happy I finally saw the game. Oh I forgot to mention the intro. That was nice, glad to see it back in the game. Wish they woulda used the BIG towels that the Lakers use in their intros. But hey that may be asking too much in this day in age. Hopefully one day a videogame will have every little detail that every team has. But BIG ups to there presentation on that. Nice that they're getting more broadcast savy each year.

Despite the negatives I have stated IMO 2k10 will still be a great game and will still be my main NBA game I play this year. I probably will get Live 10 also to compare it, cant wait till Oct 6th!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »