Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-21-2009, 09:02 PM   #1345
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Correct me if I'm wrong but in the past EA demos are pretty much what the retail version has been for the most part. The things we are seeing now I can almost promise you we will see them in the retail version.

I'll be the 1st to admit if I am wrong. Peace!!!!
I don't know what issues your referring to specifically however Beluba has said that the demo veers off kind of early from production so that it can be properly prepared. I have no idea what that means as far as how final of a build the demo is. I can only say what I said at first and that is I was not feeling the demo nearly as much as the final I played weeks ago.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 09:07 PM   #1346
Rookie

OVR: 1

Couple of thoughts:

+ The slowdown in the PS3 version is really bad.. hopefully it is fixed in the final version.

+ Fisher takes far too many shots in the demo.... I do like the fact that most of them are shots that he would usually take (uncontested threes behind the line) but he is too much of a guner for my tastes in this game, especially compared to Gasol, who rarely takes any shots and is a glorified Reggie Evans in this demo...

+ The animations and control are top-notch... especially after playing NBA2K9 with its endless shot animations that take the control out of your hands, this is a nice change. The off-ball control of other players is inituitive and easy to use.. I've gotten many open looks with this, and it's a nice way to feed Dwight in the post.

+ Some of the i'll advised passes that you can get away with in NBA2k9, you can't get away with here. I really like how the guards playing the passing lanes... it forces you to be extra dilligent with your passes.

+ In contrast to the easy exploitable post and around-the-rim play in 2k9, it seems to be a good deal harder to score in the post and around the rim in the demo. I like the fact that the Lakers front-line is not afraid to send the big man to the line to force him to convert his free throws.

+ It gets quite annoying watching Fisher simply dribble the ball for 10 seconds and let the shot clock drain before passing it off to Artest for a shot over and over again...hopefully this is not the way the AI plays in the final game.

Overall, a few solid demo... I am still awaiting news about franchise features in this game before I commit $60 dollars, as NBA2K is still my series, but this has the makings of a very solid game...
Old 09-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #1347
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
For the ****** gamer I think this game will be very good, but for the true sim-head, it might not fair so well. Just my take fellows. Again I could be totally wrong. Peace!!!!
i dont think ****** gamers will be turned on by the fact that they have to know exactly how each player and team plays in real life to do good in the game. and theres a large learning curve to live 10.

so i dont understand what you mean
Old 09-21-2009, 09:25 PM   #1348
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
For the ****** gamer I think this game will be very good, but for the true sim-head, it might not fair so well. Just my take fellows. Again I could be totally wrong. Peace!!!!
I hope you are joking, I truely do
Old 09-21-2009, 09:26 PM   #1349
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I don't know what issues your referring to specifically however Beluba has said that the demo veers off kind of early from production so that it can be properly prepared. I have no idea what that means as far as how final of a build the demo is. I can only say what I said at first and that is I was not feeling the demo nearly as much as the final I played weeks ago.
My statement was referring to past experiences with the Live series/Demos. I want the game to be a Masterpiece as much as anyone. Knwoing this was an early build is good to know because I was unaware of that. Da_Czar thanks for informing me and getting me up to speed on this issue. Peace!!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:29 PM   #1350
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig
I hope you are joking, I truely do
No jokes intended. Just stating how I feel about the game. Was not aware stating personal feelings/opinions are being taken as joking
Old 09-21-2009, 09:33 PM   #1351
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
No jokes intended. Just stating how I feel about the game. Was not aware stating personal feelings/opinions are being taken as joking
no problem, we all have different opinions,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #1352
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig
no problem, we all have different opinions,
It's cool I really want this game to be good. I'm just scared to purchase it early only to find some major backbreaker or feature that is terribly broken and is only found after being out $60 + plus is spent. I get this game early every year and end up being let down almost instantly due to some major feature being broken.

Personally I liked the Demo but the more I played the more I started to see issues. But as Da Czar stated it was an early build which calmed me down quite a bit.

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 09-22-2009 at 12:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »