Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #1305
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

The atmosphere and crowd looked pretty good, but I hope that was because it was a nba finals game. Was weird shooting with X though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #1306
Banned

OVR: 9
Personally I love this game.

1.Weird animation where you throw an ally-opp and the character stops and jumps and catches the ball with on hand.(was in 09. please fix)

2.Player differentiation is great here except for guards and big men dunking the same.

3.The steal button seems to not get all of my presses correct kinda late on response.(have yet to see One of the new steal animations.

4.i wanna control those cool animation when off ball that the computer does of ball. map to the right stick like when you used to fake out the inbound defender in 09.

5.is it just me or no matter what i do Chris Paul wont dunk in the hangar.

6. It seems to me that you limited kobes go-to moves cause i've seen everyone with the same fadeaways. plushis fade back that was in 09 just doesn't fit with live 10's incredible momentum system.

7.If your gonna take out dunks that we request. please patch in new dunks to replace the old ones.

8.Pre game rituals are also great n on the money from the ones we have seen but although 2k pregames are not what id call better the seem to have showed some that like are missing like the Kobe one where vuyacik(spelled wrong) punches him in the chest.

This may seem like alot but its not. these things will just help improve upon whats already the best basketball game to date. Thanx for any consideration of my ideas.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #1307
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

This game is growing on me. I know I'll enjoy playing Live this year, perhaps even moreso than 2K. I'll definitely need to play both games before I make a decision, though, especially considering 2K10 is shaping up -very- nicely.

Back on the subject of Live 10, I'm truly in love with its movement and momentum, and I find Live to be nothing short of beautiful at times. Don't get me wrong, there are flaws to be found, but I'm sure sliders, DNA and patches will contribute to ironing them out.

At any rate, it's going to be a great year for basketball, unlike 2009. I could never have fun with either Live 09 or 2K9.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:16 PM   #1308
Pro

OVR: 9

Dear Devs,

Great job on the Live demo. Do not do any drastic changes to this game for fear you may ruin it. Some people are born complainers and would not know a good thing if it slapped them in the face.

P.S. Give some advice to the rest of EA sports, please.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #1309
MVP

CX1329's Arena

Agreed. They can only do so much in one year, and they deserve nothing but praise for this year's effort. To me, NBA Live wins the award for most improved game franchise.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #1310
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
Agreed. They can only do so much in one year, and they deserve nothing but praise for this year's effort. To me, NBA Live wins the award for most improved game franchise.
Agree if you haven't played it over the last 3-4 years then yes it's a huge jump in a one year period.

But if you observed flaws from a period of 4 years and they still exist today then you just can't ignore it because it's something that has always been there that hinders game play.

I break it down in two ways a new guy is going say wow this game is 1 year away from being GREAT if only they touch up on this or correct that next year for NBA Live 11

A old head head is going to say damn why is this still in the game after 4 years and why hasn't this been corrected after 4 years.

Rocket dunking is going to be something a new guy can tolerate because he assumes it's a one time thing.

Poor AI tendencies during basic basketball situations won't frustrate the new guy as much because he'll assume it's a one time thing.

4th or 5th options taking over on offense won't frustrate a new guy as much because again he'll assume it's a one time thing.

But if you've rented or played any of the previous versions over the last 3-4 years you'll see FLAWS ****** as far back as Live 07 in NBA Live 10 DEMO.

I used the DEMO because that's all we can judge it off of right now.

The actual Final Version could very well be a totally different game but that's the Final Version. I can only comment on what I see right now in the DEMO version and I think most of the guys that are complaining or upset with something also realize it's just the DEMO version but i've seen quiet a few of them mention like i have that it's starting to get repetive (The same Flaws).

Yes they have drastically improved from where they came from......but there has to be away to get some of the crap we see year in and year out FINALLY TAKEN OUT OF THE GAME COMPLETELY.

When I see guys that are hardcore NBA 2K fans complain about something that has been in 2K for years I understand them now because it's the same with NBA Live. Our complaints are more about things that shouldn't be around anymore after 3-4 years.

Yes we appreciate all the good things that are in the game.

The bad things should be judged the same way if not more because they have been CONSISTENTLY in the game for years.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #1311
MVP

CX1329's Arena

I see where you come from. I've played all editions of NBA Live save for 07, which was the only year I skipped, and I certainly know what you mean. I, however, tend to focus on the strengths of a game as opposed to its flaws, and this year, Live 10 brings much to the table.

If the new Live staff continues to put this much effort into improving the franchise, I do believe we will soon be seeing a nearly perfect NBA Live. But then again, I'm an optimist and I like to play good games. I disliked both 2K and Live in 2009, but I sincerely hope the producers give me a great basketball experience this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2009, 09:34 PM   #1312
Rookie

OVR: 8

Yeah, I pretty much didn't enjoy NBA gaming this year. Didn't buy Live, and spent more time tweaking and testing sliders in 2K9 than actually playing, until just giving up around Jan/Feb. First time that ever happened, that I felt there wasn't an NBA game for me in a given year. Thank goodness for the timeless replayability of COD4 and Fallout 3, Gears 2 as well.

But I'm having more fun with the Live DEMO than I've had in all of this past year in terms of bball, so pretty sure it won't happen again. Also, I don't doubt 2K will bring one of their strongest offerings this year, so once you throw in CH2K8 with BS's roster edits, and it will be a great year for us ballers.

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »