Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-19-2009, 02:10 PM   #1289
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Do you think that rock, paper, scissors set up could get old tho?
Don't think so because I tried to go to it a third straight time and LA switched Artest to Lewis. Dunno if that was a coincidence or not.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-19-2009, 02:29 PM   #1290
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Do you think that rock, paper, scissors set up could get old tho? Fels great now, but he matchups seem pretty concrete...Lewis' movement level will always beat Gasols movement level. In reality, that difference doesn't mean a whole lot. Lewis was in no way abusing the slower Gasol off the dribble, nor Varejao for that matter in the playoffs last season. Try to dribble past Artest with Peitrus...he gets stripped nearly every single time. I know guye are pumped that reckless cheesers will lose the ball more...but would Artest really pick Peitrus' pocket every single time he puts the ball on the floor?

Its gonna be intersting to see if those player A movement > B movement "rules" don't get tedious after a long amount of play, or if sliders can address it down the road. Right now, you cant budge after an offensive rebound without getting stripped immediately, since the big man movement tier doesn't get to handle the ball in the paint...
I don't think it'll get old. The difference in movement just limits the offensive/defensive options in mismatches of non elite players. Rashard isn't going to bust Pau for 60 points. He'll force Pau to make a defensive sacrifice, which is the nature of the game. It's the early(very early, since it's a demo, lol) days, so people are still very black and white in their approach to these situations. There is a certain amount of space you have to give players when encountering the Pietrus/Artest kind of situation. It's only an automatic strip if you break the "Live rules". My only issue is that the loose ball logic in the game isn't complex or refined enough to allow a subtle penalty. An automatic strip is a decidedly video gamey way to resolve the situation, but they can build on the foundation they have.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:20 PM   #1291
MVP

OVR: 30
I L-O-V-E this demo. Can't say it enough. Nice vision, M.W., for real. So much goodness about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2009, 03:36 PM   #1292
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm just having a great time using every player in the hangar. The way each player moves, cuts, dribbles, etc... It's a great thing to see in a game. I've found my favorite player to use right now is B.Roy. Dudes a beast!!!

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 09-19-2009, 04:21 PM   #1293
Rookie

gez20's Arena

OVR: 8

Well after having played the hell out of the game I think I have a good idea of what I'm getting from it.

IMO the rebounding is horrible as well as shot contest (both in execution and the trampoline-like jumping animation).

With that said, this is a really damn good game and lots of fun as well. Although the two aforementioned problems really bug me, the game does so many things well that I think I can overlook them.

The momentum jump shoots are the best in any video game and I like how responsive the controls are to pull them off. I know I'm going to be loving the superstar differentiation this year, you can even feel some of it in the hanger.

In the other thread I said I would not get this game, but I think now I'm really leaning towards picking it up the first week.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:40 PM   #1294
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by left4dead
My issues w/ Live10:

1) way too many blocks/steals

2) cpu long range shooting is BS

3) Kobe constantly gets the ball stripped/poked away by Vince Carter everytime he tries to back him in or do a low-post move (alomost immediately too)

4) players movement still stiff and robotic

5) player's lighting and color is unrealistic (too saturated and 'cartoonish'). The courts and the areanas look beautiful though.

6) the new FT meter is way too easy.

7) ONE button for shooting/lay-ups/dunking is ridiculous

8) pressing the 'shoot' button near or around the lane causes the ball-controlled player to go into an automatic animation that lasts way too long

9) for all those ripping Playmakers.....he's right. Major revamping is needed via Sliders tweaking. Unfortunately I don't know how much of a difference this will make as it might be nothing more than just a 'placebo effect' as someone mentioned in another thread.

I was really looking forward to Live10 (based on Live09) and I came away extremely disappointed.....to the point that I deleted the demo from my 360 and will not be purchasing Live10 this year as my NBA game of choice.

For those who enjoy the demo, more power to you. Have fun.
Ha-Ha

I don't care about them ripping me at all. I've posted my feelings in regards to what I think needs to be tweaked and if some of them disagree right now that is their right by all means.

But once the game actually drops i think you'll slowly start seeing guys changing settings on the final version. They may disagree right now but give it about 2 weeks after the Final version hits that FG% by the CPU will start to frustrate them and that 10-12 blocks shots per game will get old and annoying. That's when a decision will have to made do I keep tolerating it in hopes of DNA taking over or do i take about 5 minutes to switch a slider setting to fix it now.....

But by all means we should waite for the Final version to make a decision on what needs changed during gameplay but for me personally it's not that hard to see right now because I'm use to the series and how the game plays in general. The engine wasn't rebuilt and the game play wasn't swapped out just TWEAKED.

I personally don't think the Demo and Final Version will change that much between now and OCT 6th. There might be somethings furthered tweaked to make it more convenient for the USER during gameplay but the gameplay MECHANICS are already locked into play which makes it easier for me to already understand if I purchase the game what settings needs to go or down right away.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #1295
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
I don't think it'll get old. The difference in movement just limits the offensive/defensive options in mismatches of non elite players. Rashard isn't going to bust Pau for 60 points. He'll force Pau to make a defensive sacrifice, which is the nature of the game. It's the early(very early, since it's a demo, lol) days, so people are still very black and white in their approach to these situations. There is a certain amount of space you have to give players when encountering the Pietrus/Artest kind of situation. It's only an automatic strip if you break the "Live rules". My only issue is that the loose ball logic in the game isn't complex or refined enough to allow a subtle penalty. An automatic strip is a decidedly video gamey way to resolve the situation, but they can build on the foundation they have.

You and I won't bust Gasol with Shard for 60...but if those rock/paper rules are absolute...the masses certainly will. Keep in mind tho, almost every major issue Ive brought up to this point have been a matter of getting accustomed to the system and controls, or able to be worked around...so im expecting this won't be a major problem either, especially for sim heads.

I like how responsive the help AI is...seems like a second defender picks up a beaten man pretty quickly, and its easy to get a team on scramble mode when you beat your assignment. Thats what makes the pumpfake and the mismatches so effective, they open up so much when you get into open space. Again, sim heads who use these tools in moderation are rewarded with a system that really feels intelligent, but are these nuanced enough to adjust to guys who look to exploit them? We'll see in about a month.

Seems like the strip logic is the first line of defense. Ive seen Gasol rip Lewis a ton of times, especially once you get a nice lead and the stat boosts kick in...where suddenly every shot is rejected as soon as you tap the button, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #1296
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't know if I like the fouling. The AI will sometimes attempt a crazy layup from the top of the key, which prompts the referee to call a defensive foul even if my defender is standing still.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »