Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-19-2009, 02:19 AM   #1281
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Played the demo a bunch more tonight....

- Love the individual momentum, it adds a lot to the game. One of those, "you didn't realize how bad it was before" additions.
- Superstar is the way to go, the AI seems more aggressive than All-Star
- Love the dunks, the rim snapping down (really improved this from 09) and the net animations, which aren't quite as good as 2K yet but a tremendous improvement over 09.
- It will be interesting to see if the post game improves in the retail, I feel like it was actually a little bit better in NCAA 09. Not sure if "better" is actually the best word, but smoother/cleaner/better looking in some regard.
- The more you get used to the controls the more fun, and obviously better, the demo becomes.
- Mixed feelings on freestyle passing and I'm still getting 100% used to the icon passing. I do like the "take control of an offball guy and then release to pass to him" mechanic, I've used it quite bit the last few games.
- The transition three's are sexy, the way to they develop.

The Rashard Lewis/Pau Gasol mismatch is a great preview of the individual momentums in Live 10. I played my last five demo games tonight as the Magic and killed Gasol with Lewis. It was funny to see Lewis isoed on at the top of the key and one time down Pau is sagged too far off so I bury the triple and the next time down Pau tries to get closer and I easily blow right by him for a lay up. No magic sliding or crazy footspeed for Gasol here, it's a thing of beauty.
Great post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2009, 04:23 AM   #1282
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Great post
I agree, and I love how seamless and easy it is to control an off ball player as well.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Old 09-19-2009, 06:25 AM   #1283
Pro

OVR: 28

Just pinned a Bynum dunk from behind with D howard. Yeah......it was nice.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Old 09-19-2009, 12:14 PM   #1284
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23

im my opinion, the off ball feature is an overlooked addition to gameplay. once you begin to utilize this feature it really opens up the offense. If your running a play and the A.I. is slow to react, or you see an opening in the defense, you can switch and take control of anyone! IMO, i would take this over lead passing anyday. remeber, just my personal opinion! not trying to start a flame war......

thanks to the tips from fellow posters, my ball handling has improved greatly!!
Old 09-19-2009, 12:52 PM   #1285
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY1183
Nah I'm in a pretty regular 2bdrm condo, but we actually went in there to get maybe a 42 or 46'... but I'm the kinda guy that can't be allowed in Best Buy all alone too long lol... once they approved my credit I knew I was leaving there with something ********

At least3 times a week I read something on OS that literally has me in tears. This was number five for me this week.......Oh Gawd . Way to know your own limitations Family !!!
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #1286
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
And is it me, or are picks not as effective as they should be? Defenders rarely get screened hard and they always seem to be able to brush past the pick. There's never a whole lot of contact.
Lots of randomness to the screen and roll game Ray. I have knocked some people out as well. Use different speeds and angles coming off the screens as well as hold the screen buttons down for certain lengths. To me it is way more realistic and random rather than the guaranteed screen of last year.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-19-2009, 01:22 PM   #1287
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Once you get used to them, the pick and roll controls have a lot to offer. It's pretty brilliant to have the guy ready to roll as soon as you release the button. Play around with how and when you release it, in both the pick and roll, and the pick and pop. When using the screen, try to deliberately run your man off of it. If he's hanging under it, back off and threaten the jumper(or just hit it, lol). If he's going over it, walk around your screener shoulder to shoulder. If he's trying to play in between, threaten moving to the other side, then cross over when he commits.

I've been playing exclusively on Superstar, and this is a pretty effective method. It's not videogame-ish though. It plays out like basketball situations do. Sometimes you get a foul, sometimes a jumper, sometimes a dunk, sometimes nothin'.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:58 PM   #1288
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

The Rashard Lewis/Pau Gasol mismatch is a great preview of the individual momentums in Live 10. I played my last five demo games tonight as the Magic and killed Gasol with Lewis. It was funny to see Lewis isoed on at the top of the key and one time down Pau is sagged too far off so I bury the triple and the next time down Pau tries to get closer and I easily blow right by him for a lay up. No magic sliding or crazy footspeed for Gasol here, it's a thing of beauty.

Do you think that rock, paper, scissors set up could get old tho? Fels great now, but he matchups seem pretty concrete...Lewis' movement level will always beat Gasols movement level. In reality, that difference doesn't mean a whole lot. Lewis was in no way abusing the slower Gasol off the dribble, nor Varejao for that matter in the playoffs last season. Try to dribble past Artest with Peitrus...he gets stripped nearly every single time. I know guye are pumped that reckless cheesers will lose the ball more...but would Artest really pick Peitrus' pocket every single time he puts the ball on the floor?

Its gonna be intersting to see if those player A movement > B movement "rules" don't get tedious after a long amount of play, or if sliders can address it down the road. Right now, you cant budge after an offensive rebound without getting stripped immediately, since the big man movement tier doesn't get to handle the ball in the paint...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »