Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-18-2009, 05:53 AM   #1265
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Getting past people with Kobe is awesome haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 08:32 AM   #1266
Rookie

OVR: 5
Theres alot witht he demo that I like theres some negatives now i want to see what 2k comes with before choosing my hoop game
Old 09-18-2009, 10:52 AM   #1267
Pro

OVR: 9

I am loving the mid range game and the control you have on offense and defense. The game really feels authentic to basketball. I see the differences between the two teams, Howards defensive beast, but Gasol and Bynum are a monster defensive tandem down low also. Kobe is all most unstoppable, while the Magic can pound down low or kick out outside for the three ball.

Defense is a mix of on ball and low post positioning and gambling for the ball. The game is not perfect but this is a major improvement not just for Live but for basketball gaming.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #1268
Banned

OVR: 11

"BTW, with the pace of the game, this is gonna have to be played in 12 minute quarters."

Right now on All Star I'm scoring in the 20's per game (8 minutes.) That's way too much for 12.

On Superstar the CPU scores more, and so do I.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #1269
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinkybon
- The teammate AI kinda sucks. This is a pretty generic statement, but the fact of the matter is, so many of the points I give up are due to the fact that the AI gives little to no help in any aspects of closing out or rebounding (dudes just stand there while opponents come and pick the ball off the ground). The closing out one is particularly annoying just because I can play perfect defense on someone, but then they just pass the ball to a dude on the wing, who due to the AI's helpful hand, can pull up before I can switch to the other guy and meaningfully contest, resulting in a basket.

I'm only really annoyed with the rebounding as a byproduct of this shoddy AI defense - the mechanics behind it work reasonably well, as if I focus on rebounding with Dwight, I can box out/get into position and this is all quite seamless. However, this is usually a frivolous exercise, as the opponents rarely miss when I've left the defense to the AI.

- The aforementioned "everyone-standing-around" issue with loose balls lets down what would otherwise be a decent game mechanic.

- I can appreciate what EA has done with regards to inside dribbling, as this has often been the onus of past basketball titles. However, the current "insta-TO" situation is probably too severe, as I've gotten offensive rebounds where I land under the ring and then immediately turn it over without any chance to react.
These are the exact same problems I have w/ the game Lol.

And to HMcCoy Man I'm exaggerating a lot about the offense I'm still able to score. And this game provides me w/ the most excitement I have ever had scoring in a bball game.

Because of how tough the "Demons and The Enforcers" play on D, it feels real good when I go on scoring runs. Knowing that I had to work to get that drive or nail the mid range jumper makes scoring feels great.

But most of my frustrations are coming from the defensive end and how my AI players are of no help to me. When my guys give up 5 straight jumpers it just irritates me to no end.

Or when I'm on offense and as I'm driving the lane I see some some great rotations that I never see my teammates display.

Brinkybon's post was perfect in my opinion when it came to the Team AI issues. Its already tough enough to guard and out rebound one player.

It's just ridiculous that sometimes I have to practically guard every player on the floor myself in order to get a stop.

This is the reason why I'm putting the demo down because right now I'm just not able to do that because of my issues w/ the broadcast camera.

I still had fun w/ the game even despite all these issues so that's why I'm still going to give the full vers. a chance.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #1270
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman0823
let me tell you something. if you have never played the game of basketball and or understand how the game of basketball is played then nba live 10 is not for you . just with the demo alone i have noticed how realistic this game is. so gone are those cheap moves, that unrealistic arcade feeling bball that so much of us hated and the main reason why most of us moved on to 2k. live on previous platforms was the best in business until 2k for dreamcast came on the scene. 2k opened our eyes to dreams beyond our beliefs. they showed that real basketball can be displayed in video games. on xbox was inside drive which in my opinion was one of the most realistic bball games ever created and once mr wang (lead designer of inside of drive) signed on with 2k, the series exceeded the expectations and satified our hunger with mouth watering bball games year after year. ea constantly changed the menu but had the same old cooks in the kitchen. i am a basketball fan first and always played both before i made the decision of which one was the most realistic simulation basketball on the market. last year i felt live had the recipe but still again those same old cooks . and then to much of our surprise comes in chef wang and based on the demo of live the gap is much closer and the chef has cooked up a meal that will entice us all . in my opinion, live will finish first because of the new ideas that were brought to the table such as freestyle passing and locomotion. 2k will never be able to duplicate the realism of how the players move and respond to your controls. everything in live is momentum based. the speed of your cross over is determined by your players speed attributes handle abilities and how much pressure you put on the right analog handling the ball. the same goes for defense. i was playing my cousin earlier this morning and defense was our greatest weekness until i thought about what chef wang and the czar told us, play basketball not video games and it clicked. defense is about leverage and angles. you never play a man straight up and you would never defend a player sliding just left and right. you have to use angles. example: if he takes a step to the left and you don't anticipate it, it is ok. move to the right but slightly angled to impeed his progress to the basket. that is how you defend a ball handler in live and in real life. you have to be quick and you have to anticipate your opponents movement. in live this is so true. you never want to fully commit to a direction by putting to much pressure on the left analog, you want to move it with slight pressure but quick in the direction the offensive player is moving but slightly angled to cut off his pursuit to the basket. these small things are appreciated because finally you feel like your in control on defense and it is all depending on your understanding of the game and the personel you have out on the court. this is just off of the demo and if 2k (which i loved 2k9 once I learned how to truly defend 9 months after i purchased it) doesnt come to the table with a new dinner plan, i think a lot of folks will feast on ea's live series this october. shout outs to the czar. shouts to ea for getting it right this time for the madden, nhl and soon to be live series. message to 2k, we need to see something besides that combine non sense you all released the people are hungry and ea has just opened the kitchen for true realistic basketball hungry fans... based on the demo there are still some inperfections but just like a woman, she may not be a 10 shoot maybe not even a 9 but an 8 and above she is worth spending money on. live based on the demo is worth $62. the sandman has spoken...

Is your keyboard missing the "Enter" button? How can you expect anyone to read through this massive wall of text with no breaks in it?
Old 09-18-2009, 03:55 PM   #1271
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman0823
let me tell you something. if you have never played the game of basketball and or understand how the game of basketball is played then nba live 10 is not for you . just with the demo alone i have noticed how realistic this game is. so gone are those cheap moves, that unrealistic arcade feeling bball that so much of us hated and the main reason why most of us moved on to 2k. live on previous platforms was the best in business until 2k for dreamcast came on the scene. 2k opened our eyes to dreams beyond our beliefs. they showed that real basketball can be displayed in video games. on xbox was inside drive which in my opinion was one of the most realistic bball games ever created and once mr wang (lead designer of inside of drive) signed on with 2k, the series exceeded the expectations and satified our hunger with mouth watering bball games year after year. ea constantly changed the menu but had the same old cooks in the kitchen. i am a basketball fan first and always played both before i made the decision of which one was the most realistic simulation basketball on the market. last year i felt live had the recipe but still again those same old cooks . and then to much of our surprise comes in chef wang and based on the demo of live the gap is much closer and the chef has cooked up a meal that will entice us all . in my opinion, live will finish first because of the new ideas that were brought to the table such as freestyle passing and locomotion. 2k will never be able to duplicate the realism of how the players move and respond to your controls. everything in live is momentum based. the speed of your cross over is determined by your players speed attributes handle abilities and how much pressure you put on the right analog handling the ball. the same goes for defense. i was playing my cousin earlier this morning and defense was our greatest weekness until i thought about what chef wang and the czar told us, play basketball not video games and it clicked. defense is about leverage and angles. you never play a man straight up and you would never defend a player sliding just left and right. you have to use angles. example: if he takes a step to the left and you don't anticipate it, it is ok. move to the right but slightly angled to impeed his progress to the basket. that is how you defend a ball handler in live and in real life. you have to be quick and you have to anticipate your opponents movement. in live this is so true. you never want to fully commit to a direction by putting to much pressure on the left analog, you want to move it with slight pressure but quick in the direction the offensive player is moving but slightly angled to cut off his pursuit to the basket. these small things are appreciated because finally you feel like your in control on defense and it is all depending on your understanding of the game and the personel you have out on the court. this is just off of the demo and if 2k (which i loved 2k9 once I learned how to truly defend 9 months after i purchased it) doesnt come to the table with a new dinner plan, i think a lot of folks will feast on ea's live series this october. shout outs to the czar. shouts to ea for getting it right this time for the madden, nhl and soon to be live series. message to 2k, we need to see something besides that combine non sense you all released the people are hungry and ea has just opened the kitchen for true realistic basketball hungry fans... based on the demo there are still some inperfections but just like a woman, she may not be a 10 shoot maybe not even a 9 but an 8 and above she is worth spending money on. live based on the demo is worth $62. the sandman has spoken...
Paragraphs would help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #1272
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kjunkie
Paragraphs would help
Sorry about that i was just typing away. i reposted this text under the basketball other forum with the corrected grammar titled NBA LIVE IS BACK???

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »