Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #1137
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY1183
Agree w/24th and Ray here. You guys know that first step animation in 2K9 where you can kinda explode out of a triple threat and leave your man? I think Live needs to implement a move that amounts to like 1/2 of that animation (if you get what I'm saying).... Like not giving the lane away completely like that, but when you have a clearly quicker player, maybe give you that first half-step where the defender has to work harder to get off your hip and back in front.
Right, especially w\ the help D logic they have....itd be pretty solid.

I mean it isnt just LBJ that does this, its just a part of the game....Its a major part of my game IRL...I have a nasty first step lol
Old 09-15-2009, 10:41 PM   #1138
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Man, if the post game was smoother, I'd be going insane.

I'm finally starting to figure out how to beast in the paint. It's just that there's not much control.

Man, once you start commanding double teams, it's a thing of beauty. The offense totally opens up.

I'm gonna keep practicing.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:42 PM   #1139
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by phant030
Let me get something better than that. LBJ was using screen, no TT move necessary and Gay was hit by screener. Something a little bit clearer.
You dont have to look far...you wont go deep into a basketball clip w\o seeing it....

I typed in "drive to the basket" and this came straight up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eLeKJOoIMY
Old 09-15-2009, 10:46 PM   #1140
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Right, especially w\ the help D logic they have....itd be pretty solid.

I mean it isnt just LBJ that does this, its just a part of the game....Its a major part of my game IRL...I have a nasty first step lol
Would be sweet, because it wouldn't always amount to buckets, and would lend more authenticity to playing great defensive teams, as they'll be there to help and cut you off more, forcing rotations. And lesser defensive teams would just prob give up the attempt at the rim.
So Kobe will go off vs GSW, but against BOS he might have to pullup with a defender on his hip more, resulting in maybe same points total, but more attempts as the D plays the %'s.

I swear devs shouldn't even need to watch games, just follow these threads. Love how we sit here and pick these games apart and we all feel we're normal.
But my girl thinks we're all insane. lol

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Old 09-15-2009, 10:46 PM   #1141
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

I just played and had one of the most fun and exciting basketball games I think I've ever had in my gaming experience. I'm an online guy and I think I'll be diving into some dynasty mode this year.

I wish I had a capture card to show some of the things I've been witnessing in this game. I mean this last game I played Kobe was just going off and this is the first time I've actually seen them go to him like this and I've played a good 40+ games. I mean he was hitting threes, down on the low post doing turnaround J's, attacking the basket, it was absolutely stunning to see. I really think the A.I. code in this game is messed up and were in for a real treat once the retail game comes out. Because this last game I played, the A.I. was running plays straight through Kobe, their was so many off ball screens. Nelson got knocked on his a** 3 times from screens. illegal off ball screens, I mean everything. Although I will say 3 in the key needs to be patched, it was right in 09 but it's not registering correctly in the demo.

I also suggest bumping up to Superstar, I've been playing on this level the last couple of games and this is where I'm really starting to see tons of things. The intensity in this game is massive. Im just amazed right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 11:07 PM   #1142
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Love the demo, but theres just to many dunks.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 09-15-2009, 11:10 PM   #1143
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
You dont have to look far...you wont go deep into a basketball clip w\o seeing it....

I typed in "drive to the basket" and this came straight up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eLeKJOoIMY
That was obvious. Walking size up. Heso drive right. The game's version is not that subtle.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:25 PM   #1144
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
Love the demo, but theres just to many dunks.
have you bumped the level up b/c if you didn't its automatic on pro and that's for the people who don't really know how to play and the game is easier on that level.

Try putting it on superstar and the cpu will toast you...trust me...thats the level i play on and it is a real challenge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »