Home

NBA 2K10 Official Momentous Trailer #1

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Official Momentous Trailer #1 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #249
stewaat

OVR:
Re: NBA 2K10 Official Momentous Trailer #1

shadio - You can have an awesome experience online, you just have to be in a sim league where there are many rules and everyone plays by them.

I was in the Extreme Sims league last year and it was the best experience I've ever had with NBA 2K.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #250
Rookie

OVR: 8

Good grief this s*** is looking SWEET !!! Love how they tightened up the hand/rim interactions this year, makes the dunks look that much better.

Still a bit concerned about collision detection in the painted area, as well as a few other animation related issues. But I read the Gamespot interview, and if they really did remove all pre-2K8 animations, that'll serve to freshen things up a bit. 2K9 severely disappointed me in ways, but I trust 2KSports to set the record straight this year, unless the demo proves otherwise.

But this trailer achieved its goal, I'm now hyped for 2K10.

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Old 09-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #251
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
shadio - You can have an awesome experience online, you just have to be in a sim league where there are many rules and everyone plays by them.

I was in the Extreme Sims league last year and it was the best experience I've ever had with NBA 2K.

yeah i heard of leagues, tried it and i felt the change in sliders made everything feel weird to me...sure the sliders helped out on exploits, but the changes were a bit to extreme. My point here is that the typical gamer will always jump into the ranked games area and come back complaining saying "2k9 was the worst game ever"....lol, i cant even take a online gamer serious...online gaming is for fun, its not made for real competition....

both games will REEK online, but live online will be broken..live online will have smooth animations (smoother than 2k) because there wont be many users on and people will come back saying "live10 online experince is better"...lol

VC/2k sports fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 09:29 PM   #252
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyacid
If u dont focus hard enough u would think the 2k gif is one of the real ones.
Hell yeah. You see the gather on that dunk animation?!? *Drools slightly*
Old 09-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #253
Banned

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadio5
online gaming for any game will SUCK....so please dont compare ANY game to online gameplay because you will ALWAYS get the same result my friend......please give me one online game that played correct sim??

both LIVE10 and 2k10 will SUCK when played online....please understand that..dont bring HALO experinces to a sports game, it wont work

I lOVED 2k9 and i can say that it was a great game, maby even the best nba 2k ever created. It played incredible for me because i played the game THE WAY I WANTED IT TO PLAY..i never went online with 2k9. i only played friends & AI. So from my point of veiw, and many millions others, we all played the game OUR WAY and got the best experience from it....you online people PREPARE TO FAIL AGAIN....

VC/2k sports fan
If it does suck VC/2k fan i will save my money because im a W.N.B.A/N.B.A fan, I dont play Halo. Its not very wise to buy a product based on developer name only. Ive been coming to this site for a while now and its the first time i saw anybody compare an online basketball simulation experience with a sci-fi alien shooter.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #254
Rookie

Excuse me ya'll, but shadio take that 2K corporate-sponsor-I-want-a-job-with-2K-they're-the-best-company-ever-I-gotta-2KSports-tattoo-on-my-lower-back s*** back to the 2Ksports forum. You're one of the reasons I removed that site from my bookmarks, just couldn't take it anymore over there with the 2K corporate fanboys.

Let me inform you, OS is a sports purist site. We love sports, we love this sport and any game that does a good job representing it. I understand working for 2K would be a good career move, but there's a "Careers" link on their official site.

Damn I wish I was a Mod! I CAN'T STAND the 2K vs Live s***

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Old 09-15-2009, 09:37 PM   #255
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyacid
If u dont focus hard enough u would think the 2k gif is one of the real ones.
The thing that really gives away the 2K gif is something that has bugged me for a long time. The defender should not be jumping to block the shot. He has zero chance of making a play there, so he looks like a total fool. No basketball game has ever gotten the "give up and let him go" scenarios right. I'm guessing it may be hard to code that kind of recognition into the A.I.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

Last edited by jfsolo; 09-15-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 09:44 PM   #256
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Might we be getting a New NBA 2K10 trailer tonight!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Exactly.. I can be impressed by a trailer that is showing brand new gameplay mechanics and direct comparisons showing improvements from last year's game. Aside from the putback (which we've already seen in the Combine), there was nothing like that in the trailers that 2K has released really. Nothing new here aside from pretty animations and pre-game stuff... That's the difference though, aholbert. If 2K released a video showing off their improved help defense and it looked really tight, I'd say as much.. they just haven't done anything of the sort yet, just the normal edited trailers showing the prettiest stuff they can find.

And yep, my post was totally negative.. didn't say one nice thing about the trailer. Way to paint me into a corner guys haha.. I'll stick to my 2K forums LOA until the demo drops. Haha, not even worth it.
I'm with you Stumble..what you said was not negative at all..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »