Home

NBA 2K10 Official Momentous Trailer #1

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Official Momentous Trailer #1 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #233
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K10 Official Momentous Trailer #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The D-Rose dunk in there looks sick. Tough to tell much more from a trailer, hopefully gameplay vids come soon.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #234
MVP

OVR: 30
Re: Might we be getting a New NBA 2K10 trailer tonight!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Not that impressed. Nice video and editing as always from Mo, but the game itself looked a lot like 2K9, and not just graphics. The expressions and pre-game stuff is a nice addition... I guess I'm just way beyond being impressed by trailers form 2K, no matter how nicely they were put together. That Kobe posterization looked nice but I really hope that's a rare ocurrence.. he nearly jumped over the top of him.

Anyway, I'll just stay out of it... not terribly impressive but again, 2K10 seems to be less about reinventing the wheel and more about refining what they had in 2K9, so that's the main reason I wouldn't really get excited by trailers. Plus, my concerns are not with the graphics and presentation but the gameplay, which trailers do little to show. At least we know for sure a demo's coming out pre-release, that's all that matters to me at this point.
I have to agree with this, for the most part. Nothing diff. from 2K with their b-ball game trailers, at least in the last 2 years. It's just gets harder for me to be impressed with a trailer of animations year after year after....
I remember watching the trailer for 2K8 (Got my PS3 the month before it came out) getting all excited, since my last 2K b-ball game was 2K6 prior to 2K8, although the players looked very little to nothing like their real life counterparts and worse, then popped the game in and was like, "Uhh..." The animations were disjointed, which u can't see in their trailers, with a bunch of "clicking and popping" in between them then the game play was not evolutionary for next gen but just more of the same I had experienced on the PS2.

Basically, it's like I KNOW you can bring it with animations and presentation, 2KSports, but I need more than that, at this point, yet, it's good that now know we're hearing about a pre-release demo, now, which is, imo, VERY SMART, from a guy who feels very strongly that what Live is doing is actually evolutionary or, even, revolutionary for the game of b-ball and giving just enough with animation and presentation to win me over.

As for the Kobe thing, it can happen IRL. Not like Kobe can't do that, for real, at any given moment. He just doesn't get wild like that like he used to, anymore.

Oh, but that song choice for the trailer is wooooo. I forgot about that joint. 2K DOES know how to get some of the illest, "underground" cuts for their b-ball game. Skrait gutta...

Last edited by TreyIM2; 09-15-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #235
stewaat

OVR:

Favorite part was the B. Roy breakaway running animation...it looked amazing.

Damn that song is nice...gonna have to add that to the lift mix.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 08:23 PM   #236
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
It was a good analogy to describe what is happening this year. So we ran with it.
Another good analogy is the Prodigal Son...

He came back. Dad throws a party! The good son spits the dummy.

Dad says "I love you too son. All that I have is yours. And I am rejoicing at the return of my other son."

And that's the bible lesson for this week...

It's just good to see Live has finally got some game. It takes nothing away from 2K. I am looking forward to Live but I don't think it's gonna sway any of the 2K faithful.

The trailer looks great btw
Old 09-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #237
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

That Duo Live track is bananas...
Old 09-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #238
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
That Duo Live track is bananas...
Hell yeahm that was some above the rim type music.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Old 09-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #239
Rookie

OVR: 3

Love the trailer, especially the song. All three verse and the hook is directed towards Live.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #240
Banned

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic24
quality material? 2k9 was broken when they released it. the game was okay but don't say quality please because it wasn't. t took 6 months to get it where it needed to be. but like i said the trailer was nice for what it was, but i know they added like 4500 animations but how many are canned and allow cheese like spins moves that automatically get you past the defender the vacuum crossover which you have to just run from he ball handler so you dn't get sucked in etc. this is probably y stumble weed wants to see gamplay, they can add as many animations as they want but if the user doesn't have total control whats the point in playing. and no im not bashing just making a statement and yes i have bought every 2k but im getting tired of them not fixing stuff that we asked them to fix a long time ago. I want sim not a bunch of animations that take control out of my hands. and since live is pretty good at least from the demo they can't keep rehashing and adding animations and then say we revamped. but we will see when the demo comes out.
Agree 100 % some people on this forum call you fanboy or your trolling or what ever geek terms they can think of when you state an opinion that most real ballers agree with,I hated 2k9 and Live 06-2009 so im not a company jock rider i love bball 24/7 not game developers ! Does every body here remember Team-up and no HOF settings for online ranked. The trailer is sweet but real ballers want to see if you can stop cheesers from spinning and hesitation suction dribbling animations with Kobe and Lebron. Cant fool grown men with the glitz (team snap shots, Wade rim pull-ups, tho very nice) Give us real basketball logic, no Kobe flying over Damper on H.O.F setting please. Your hardcore basketball fans will appreciate it. Thanks!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »