Home

NBA 2K10 Official Momentous Trailer #1

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Official Momentous Trailer #1 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #105
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Might we be getting a New NBA 2K10 trailer tonight!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm talking more about the Trailer than the video blogs. The Trailer was just sizzle just like that one. I just dont remember a measured reaction like the one he is giving here. Now I could be wrong but I just dont remember it.
I think some people are a bit jaded and spoiled by 2K's consistent ability 2 release quality material year after year. Live on the other hand had more 2 prove cause they were trailing so far in the race and HAD 2 make more improvements. I think when comparing Live 09 2 Live 10, the improvements are more blaring cause let's face it...Live has sucked the last few years. From what I've experienced in the demo, the game's not just playable but actually good. With 2K people say things like "well, they're not reinventing the wheel" cause they have less 2 prove as far as str8 up gameplay, people are spoiled by their greatness now. But think about it...who reinvents a perfect invention like the wheel??? U just improve upon it and that's what 2K does. I said it years ago...NBA 2K is like Jay-Z...people won't really sit back and appreciate it's true genius until it's gone....
Committed 2 page, I write a rhyme, sometimes won't finish 4 days
Scrutinize my literature from the large 2 the miniature
I mathematically ADD minister
Subtract the wack, Selector, wheel it back I'm feelin that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #106
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Slow down. I didnt say your post was negative at all. Just said it was measured which is what it was. I didnt see a similar response in the Live trailer thread or in the video blogs that dont show new gameplay aspects (like the Blocks and Rebounds and Hustle Plays videos). I even admitted that I could be wrong but from a quick search it doesnt appear that I was.

FYI, to everybody here. There is no problem with questioning a poster as long as its respectful. I actually agree with Stumble about the trailer and respect him but his reaction to the Live videos doesnt seem to equate to his reaction here and its the same type of videos.
I don't think Stumble's reactions to both games have to be on an equal plane. The games aren't. They are coming from two different places, so people's emotions are going to be based on a different variety of information.

However, I do think it gets to be tiresome and redundant to constantly say "this doesn't excite me, I need to see____". Even more so when showing such things aren't really the goals of these trailers. We get it. You want to see them change the things that pissed you off in 2k9. Might be time to stop mentioning that every time they put up a clip of a dunk or crossover.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:00 PM   #107
Pro

OVR: 11

i liked the new animations, facial expressions, and pre-game rituals but not much else.

ill just wait for some more gameplay videos and the demo.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:00 PM   #108
Pro

OVR: 8

I guess 2k10 is a dunkfest.

Has Wade ever dunked on that many Pistons in the paint?
Old 09-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #109
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS
I think some people are a bit jaded and spoiled by 2K's consistent ability 2 release quality material year after year. Live on the other hand had more 2 prove cause they were trailing so far in the race and HAD 2 make more improvements. I think when comparing Live 09 2 Live 10, the improvements are more blaring cause let's face it...Live has sucked the last few years. From what I've experienced in the demo, the game's not just playable but actually good. With 2K people say things like "well, they're not reinventing the wheel" cause they have less 2 prove as far as str8 up gameplay, people are spoiled by their greatness now. But think about it...who reinvents a perfect invention like the wheel??? U just improve upon it and that's what 2K does. I said it years ago...NBA 2K is like Jay-Z...people won't really sit back and appreciate it's true genius until it's gone....
I'd rather see Jay-z leave than 2k.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #110
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
I guess 2k10 is a dunkfest.

Has Wade ever dunked on that many Pistons in the paint?
Cut it out
Committed 2 page, I write a rhyme, sometimes won't finish 4 days
Scrutinize my literature from the large 2 the miniature
I mathematically ADD minister
Subtract the wack, Selector, wheel it back I'm feelin that!
Old 09-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #111
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I'd rather see Jay-z leave than 2k.
Ha! Best post in the thread!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 05:02 PM   #112
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Slow down. I didnt say your post was negative at all. Just said it was measured which is what it was. I didnt see a similar response in the Live trailer thread or in the video blogs that dont show new gameplay aspects (like the Blocks and Rebounds and Hustle Plays videos). I even admitted that I could be wrong but from a quick search it doesnt appear that I was.

FYI, to everybody here. There is no problem with questioning a poster as long as its respectful. I actually agree with Stumble about the trailer and respect him but his reaction to the Live videos doesnt seem to equate to his reaction here and its the same type of videos.
I'm excited about the level of progress Live has made... and yes, in those hustle play videos, etc., those things were still new to the series. Just because they were in 2K already doesn't mean I can't get excited about adding them to Live. 2K had less to work on, so the improvements are more subtle and not conducive to a trailer format really, which is why they've been talking about their new modes and presentation stuff most of the time. That's fine with me, but I'm glad that I'm not the only one who isn't over-the-moon with this trailer. Again, it's a beautiful trailer and another bang-up job by our dude Momentous, but didn't do anything for my excitement for the game.

Live's blocking and rebounding was pretty broken last year so those trailers showed improvements... and hustle plays didn't exist. Don't know how much more clear I can be about why those were exciting and this isn't. Especially given the Combine... we've seen the major gameplay additions (that would show up in a trailer anyway, namely putbacks) already, these are just different and new animations.

Ha, I can take the ribbing, I don't care. I love that people who have been here for 2 months and have posted 20 times hate my posts now and think that I'm a Live guy.. that's hilarious to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »