Home

NBA 2K10 Interview (Game Informer)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Interview (Game Informer) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-14-2009, 05:42 PM   #57
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K10 Interview (Game Informer)

I love what I'm hearing in the interview, but I'd like some clarification on how potential works this year. What's the point in having a potential rating if their progression is based on their performance and their playing time?
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-14-2009, 05:46 PM   #58
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm saying will they have sort of like a restriction with the 5 players that can be used for the NBA player. Like 1 player 90+ or 2 players 85+. If not every crew will have Kobe LeBron or Wade Kobe as there wing men. Yao or Dwight at center.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:48 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
"Believe it or not, I’m not done yet. The next one is my favorite one. It’s an extension of our 2K Share feature, which we had in the game last year. This is the ability to create and import draft classes into your franchise mode. We actually have a feature outside of the mode where you can create them. This is just simply the ability to go in there and edit the 75 rookies that we generate to your liking. Legally I’m not supposed to tell you what you can and can’t do with this feature for legal issues of importing characters that we don’t have rights to, but if you let your imagination run wild I think some of our fans are going to create some really cool draft classes. It’s all done through 2K Share and before a season a little dialog box will pop up that asks you if you want to load one or just auto generate a random class. For our fans, this is a great way to keep franchise mode fresh.

The last thing I added that I think is pretty cool is a page on NBA.com called NBA History, which archives the league history and builds it up as you go forward. You can just jump into this menu and see who led the league in rebounds in 1974 or who one the title in 1996. Moving forward this history builds with your franchise so you can look back and see how your franchise has changed the course of the NBA. It sounds like a bit feature, but for people who really take their mode seriously it’s a really cool thing to have."

I'm an Association player and this is what I love to hear. 2K is going to give us a great experience this year.
same here.

I am going with the game that gives me the deepest franchise mode.

I do not need to see gameplay footage, it was fine for me last year.

I was waiting on both games to announce franchise features.

This seals it for me basically, tho i will give Live demo a shot on psn soon.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
I'm saying will they have sort of like a restriction with the 5 players that can be used for the NBA player. Like 1 player 90+ or 2 players 85+. If not every crew will have Kobe LeBron or Wade Kobe as there wing men. Yao or Dwight at center.
As I understood, there are two separate modes of crews:
One with "My Player" players only (were progression will occur, so you will be able to see your overall stats grow and eventually surpass the stats of the real NBA stars) and another with current NBA players only (were it wont) ... not a mix of both ...

... But I am confuse about the restriction with "My player" players crews mode, as it talks about when your player is good enough ...
Old 09-14-2009, 06:34 PM   #61
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Loving the sound of those gameplay enhancements. These two companies really are spying on each other it seems as they have a lot of similar gameplay ideas being implemented. It's all good though.....
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 06:40 PM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
same here.

I am going with the game that gives me the deepest franchise mode.

I do not need to see gameplay footage, it was fine for me last year.

I was waiting on both games to announce franchise features.

This seals it for me basically, tho i will give Live demo a shot on psn soon.
As well as you and Stewaat, I mostly play offline (association) and I definitively will appreciate this new features ... and I will also appreciate the online option of crews too ...

... As I have stated before: an improved and polished version of NBA 2K9 (I am assuming NBA 2K10 will be that), may very well end being not only the best basketball game of the year but the best basketball game EVER ! ...

P.D.
But I recognize that as of now, the competition may as well end being not only the best improved basketball game but the best improved game allaround ! ...
Old 09-14-2009, 06:43 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Loving the sound of those gameplay enhancements. These two companies really are spying on each other it seems as they have a lot of similar gameplay ideas being implemented. It's all good though.....
They have done this over the past couple of years ... and I agree too ... it is good having a real example of the great benefits (two good games at once) competition can bring to the fans!
Old 09-14-2009, 06:57 PM   #64
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I love what I'm hearing in the interview, but I'd like some clarification on how potential works this year. What's the point in having a potential rating if their progression is based on their performance and their playing time?
They said that it's based on the rating, playing time, and stats.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »