Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2009, 05:22 PM   #1001
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

The game is REALLY good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Real life isn't as fluid and pretty looking as people think it is.
Instagram
Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 05:29 PM   #1002
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
Is there any way the user can shoot around alone in the hangar? Or at least make it so that the other players don't shoot around on their own?

Hey, DEVS...

Is there anyway you guys patch the game to have the players in the hangar understand the concept of "change" on made shots?
Tmagics rocking the colors HAHA! and that bit about"Dwyane and I are getting tired of LeBron and Dwight taking our ball. "

Hi-La-Rious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Real life isn't as fluid and pretty looking as people think it is.
Instagram
Twitter
Old 09-14-2009, 05:34 PM   #1003
Rookie

OVR: 1

I played several games over the weekend and as someone who plays 2k I found Live "fun". I found it challenging to say the least, trying to win against the computer on Superstar. It didn't take long for me to get acclimated with the controls and I didn't have a problem initiating the post or dominating in it. The only real problem I had was that ever so often my players would be just standing out of bounds when I passed them the ball or they would take forever to get across mid court.

I haven't played Live in a while so I can't say if its back or not but I do think its a fun game to play. I can't see me buying two NBA games since the majority of my friends play 2k but in my opinion Live is good enough for me to rent it to challenge the few that like Live.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:54 PM   #1004
stewaat

OVR:

The one thing that I love about the demo is the jump shooting mechanism on the move.....it's absolutely phenomenal...I love it!

But...not getting this game. Not for me.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:01 PM   #1005
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
The one thing that I love about the demo is the jump shooting mechanism on the move.....it's absolutely phenomenal...I love it!
What do you like so much about it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 06:09 PM   #1006
stewaat

OVR:

The momentum that ties in with the shot and the set up hop step people use. It's much better than running right, stopping on a dime, and shooting.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:18 PM   #1007
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal101
Totally agree. Before i played the demo, i kept reading the impression and people saying it was amazing or quotes like " Live is Back", so i came into the demo hyped for this game and to be honest i was dissapointed. I use to play Live constantly, i think it was Live 97' i played where they had rodman's hair changing, i mean i use to be a live fan boy but i feel that they have taken the route of Madden, in that they haven't innovated their game or completely fixed what is wrong. I still feel as if the players on the courts dont move as smooth and are more like robots. The player likeness just isn't there, everyone on the court seems to be thin and in perfect shape.

I think people bite into the hype so much every year with this franchise. I remember buying my xbox 360 and playing with Wade in the Hangar and seeing the close up when the sweat drips down and thinking "Oh s--t this game looks dope." But then you get on court and its garbage. EA needs to realize that they need to revamp the player models and turn down the cartoonish feel of this game.
Madden 09 was terrible because they assumed we should play the game the way they designed it. You couldn't change much of anything and the QB's were god awful without being able to enhance their skill.

Madden 09 had very good graphics but the reason why most people stopped playing it was because the game was a turnover fest and the so called built in AI enhancements didn't work.

This year Madden 10 plays solid out of the box but they realized they couldn't restrict the user from catering the game to his likings. Go over to the Madden boards you'll see there are so many more people enjoying the game again.

It has great graphics, awesome presentation, upgraded animations and the ability to once again create the game play you desire.

As for your comment about Live 10 I think the CPU in relation to moving on their own does look a little robotic but when the human player has control over the moves they animate and move pretty realistic to me. I guess the player models will always be a personel opinion. I don't particulary like NBA 2K's players models but they do animate the best I've ever seen.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #1008
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
What do you like so much about it?
You really don't like Live 10 at all do you? lol

I personally think it is, by far, the best Live ever. And in my opinion, a better looking and playing game than 2k9 in many aspects. Not saying it will beat 2k10 this year (which it probably wont), but it will hold its own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »