Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2009, 12:45 PM   #985
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Changing the speed really affects the way this game plays. The turbo seems non-responsive when set to the lower speeds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 01:00 PM   #986
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Its best if you lower it by about 4 clicks or less though

It tempers down some of the animations and makes them feel even smoother
Old 09-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #987
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
It's amazing how many people, on both sides, have to bash the other game in an attempt their opinion, but offer very little explanation beyond "XXX is going to suck".

I liked the demo, but it appears this game is just like Madden10, better but not great by any means. So many people see the developer give some comments and interact with the community and then start giving the demo and the actual game far more credit than it deserves. I still haven't seen anything groundbreaking or hype worthy.
Totally agree. Before i played the demo, i kept reading the impression and people saying it was amazing or quotes like " Live is Back", so i came into the demo hyped for this game and to be honest i was dissapointed. I use to play Live constantly, i think it was Live 97' i played where they had rodman's hair changing, i mean i use to be a live fan boy but i feel that they have taken the route of Madden, in that they haven't innovated their game or completely fixed what is wrong. I still feel as if the players on the courts dont move as smooth and are more like robots. The player likeness just isn't there, everyone on the court seems to be thin and in perfect shape.

I think people bite into the hype so much every year with this franchise. I remember buying my xbox 360 and playing with Wade in the Hangar and seeing the close up when the sweat drips down and thinking "Oh s--t this game looks dope." But then you get on court and its garbage. EA needs to realize that they need to revamp the player models and turn down the cartoonish feel of this game.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #988
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal101
Totally agree. Before i played the demo, i kept reading the impression and people saying it was amazing or quotes like " Live is Back", so i came into the demo hyped for this game and to be honest i was dissapointed. I use to play Live constantly, i think it was Live 97' i played where they had rodman's hair changing, i mean i use to be a live fan boy but i feel that they have taken the route of Madden, in that they haven't innovated their game or completely fixed what is wrong. I still feel as if the players on the courts dont move as smooth and are more like robots. The player likeness just isn't there, everyone on the court seems to be thin and in perfect shape.

I think people bite into the hype so much every year with this franchise. I remember buying my xbox 360 and playing with Wade in the Hangar and seeing the close up when the sweat drips down and thinking "Oh s--t this game looks dope." But then you get on court and its garbage. EA needs to realize that they need to revamp the player models and turn down the cartoonish feel of this game.
EA doesn't need to "realize" anything my man.

The player models discussion is an opinion. For everyone who says they don't like our player models, you get a ton of guys who do.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:10 PM   #989
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Yeah they have a bit of that NBA Street Homecourt stylistic design to them (no coincidence there due to Santos), but it's just a matter of taste. I happen to really like the great skin textures and the overall bright, crisp look of the game, though I wish the jerseys moved in a more lifelike manner as the shorts do. I like the different jersey tucks though.. nice little touch.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:11 PM   #990
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal101
Totally agree. Before i played the demo, i kept reading the impression and people saying it was amazing or quotes like " Live is Back", so i came into the demo hyped for this game and to be honest i was dissapointed...i feel that they have taken the route of Madden, in that they haven't innovated their game or completely fixed what is wrong. I still feel as if the players on the courts dont move as smooth and are more like robots. The player likeness just isn't there, everyone on the court seems to be thin and in perfect shape.

I think people bite into the hype so much every year with this franchise..." But then you get on court and its garbage. EA needs to realize that they need to revamp the player models and turn down the cartoonish feel of this game.
My thoughts exactly. I'm not saying the game sucks, but I just can't see how everyone thinks the graphics are so great on this game. Especially with all the players hunched over and there being very small differences between huge "beast " type players and skinny small frame guys. It also focues too much on dribble moves and flashy offensive plays to be true sim. In real b-ball those flashy moves occur like 4-7 times a game. In live every play is an attempt for a crossover-shake em off-drain a jumper in the face type scenario. the dmeo is nice but nothing I've seen makes me think this game will be better than an 8

I want to point out that I feel that way about both games. They both touched up some things they needed to touch up, but all this "XX is back, XXX is so much better, XXX is going to kill XXX" is unfounded.

Last edited by FadeEmAll; 09-14-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:18 PM   #991
Banned

OVR: 26

5 minutes of Kobe fadeaways and I saw one step-back
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #992
Rookie

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19

5 minutes of Kobe fadeaways and I saw one step-back
And the King of Constructive Feedback strikes again...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »