Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2009, 11:01 AM   #977
Rookie

OVR: 5
I played a few more games last night and every time I play a new game i get more into it. I can stress enough to some of you guys complaining and having a hard time you have to play sim ball. We have to relearn how to play the game.

I'm hoping the Dev team doesn't start to feel the need to dumb the game down any based on complaint. We finally have a sim game and I'll be damn if we go back to that fake basketball of yesterday.

This game is so rewarding if you are willing to take the time with it. Leaning how to play the angles on D and knowing your team is priority #1. You have to understand that D. Fisher is going to struggle all night against Rando, so you'll need to play off of him for the most part, in the post advantage goes to fisher because of his size. Get what i'm saying. This game is doing what no other basketball game has EVER done by taking into account each individual player.

I also love the block and how dunks are contested. I posted earlier that there was no momentum in block but i've to realize thats not true. Playing D is so engaging I find myself wanting to be involved in every play, so i'm usually on ball. Switching is fast so it's easy cover the court.

So i'm hoping the dev team stand behind this game and doesn't panic in order to please the non sim heads and start changing things. The only adjustment I'd really see tightening things up is the backdown button in order to make backing down more consistent.

I can't wait until OCt 6
Old 09-14-2009, 11:01 AM   #978
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

It's amazing how many people, on both sides, have to bash the other game in an attempt validate their own opinion, but offer very little explanation beyond "XXX is going to suck".

I liked the demo, but it appears this game is just like Madden10, better but not great by any means. So many people see the developer give some comments and interact with the community and then start giving the demo and the actual game far more credit than it deserves. I still haven't seen anything groundbreaking or hype worthy.

Last edited by FadeEmAll; 09-14-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:15 AM   #979
Rookie

OVR: 12

I have a question for mike or steph...

Is there anyway you could add this in a patch...

When we get the ball in the post could we be able to raise the ball in the air like above our head or at least arms stretched out at face level. cause i feel there are way to many steals and turnovers in the paint.

I know the right stick has moves on it but i don't think pressing up on the right stick does anything and that would be the perfect spot to add it in. Pressing up on the right stick will raise the ball away from smaller guards who want to try for the steal and would make it easier for the big to pass out when the double comes.

if anybody else thinks this is a good idea let me know or if you don't think its a good idea let me know anyway.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #980
Legend in the making...

CallMeDrop's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
It's amazing how many people, on both sides, have to bash the other game in an attempt their opinion, but offer very little explanation beyond "XXX is going to suck".

I liked the demo, but it appears this game is just like Madden10, better but not great by any means. So many people see the developer give some comments and interact with the community and then start giving the demo and the actual game far more credit than it deserves. I still haven't seen anything groundbreaking or hype worthy.
Makes sense...people without valid points usually have to tear something down to make their words make more sense. The demo is very fun though and for me that's big cuz I haven't been excited about a Live game in a few years. People should be happy that there will two pretty good options this year.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:27 AM   #981
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropseven
Makes sense...people without valid points usually have to tear something down to make their words make more sense. The demo is very fun though and for me that's big cuz I haven't been excited about a Live game in a few years. People should be happy that there will two pretty good options this year.
That's why in my first post i never downed this demo. I believe its a step in the right direction....on the other hand theirs just too many flaws that will make this game a great game......I said it earlier I will give the retail copy a 7.9 score and it is something to build on for next year.....

or a really good patch is in the works!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 11:53 AM   #982
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I haven't played Live in ages, but this is going to be the game that brings me back.

Wow! That really sums up my feelings after spending a good-amount of time with the demo. This plays a great game of basketball. I'm still trying to get a handle on the controls, so the hangar is great. The only thing I'm struggling with is the low-post moves (how the heck do you do these?) and running the pick-and-roll. Apparently you can press the B button once or twice and your teammate will do different things depending on how many times the button is pressed, but I haven't figured that out yet.

I'm loving the size-up moves. It's a nice risk/reward. If you're overly aggressive, you're going to get stripped or get called for an offensive foul. But, you can definitely take advantage of mismatches and attack the rim or hit that mid-range jumper. I love it when I use the Magic and have Rashard Lewis blow past Pau Gasol; that SHOULD happen if the 2 are iso'd at the top of the key. Kobe also has his way with VC; I like faking hard to the hoop and then pulling back for a J.

Graphics look good and I like some of the pre-game elements that were added. The area feels full of life.

I can't wait to see the completed version but man, this demo really has me excited for Live 10. Well done!
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 09-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #983
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
I haven't played Live in ages, but this is going to be the game that brings me back.

Wow! That really sums up my feelings after spending a good-amount of time with the demo. This plays a great game of basketball. I'm still trying to get a handle on the controls, so the hangar is great. The only thing I'm struggling with is the low-post moves (how the heck do you do these?) and running the pick-and-roll. Apparently you can press the B button once or twice and your teammate will do different things depending on how many times the button is pressed, but I haven't figured that out yet.

I'm loving the size-up moves. It's a nice risk/reward. If you're overly aggressive, you're going to get stripped or get called for an offensive foul. But, you can definitely take advantage of mismatches and attack the rim or hit that mid-range jumper. I love it when I use the Magic and have Rashard Lewis blow past Pau Gasol; that SHOULD happen if the 2 are iso'd at the top of the key. Kobe also has his way with VC; I like faking hard to the hoop and then pulling back for a J.

Graphics look good and I like some of the pre-game elements that were added. The area feels full of life.

I can't wait to see the completed version but man, this demo really has me excited for Live 10. Well done!
agree!
Old 09-14-2009, 12:07 PM   #984
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im verry verry happy to say Nba Live 10 so far is a solid game and i cant wait to play the full version. I look forward to having two great basketball games this year. im so annoyed my xbox has just red ringed on me though

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »