Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2009, 08:45 AM   #969
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

I first started off as a NBA Live fan but made the switch in 07 and I must say I am very excited about Live this year however I must say that I wasn't as impressed with the demo as most who have posted here. For me 2K is still the game of choice but this year I will get both.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #970
Legend in the making...

CallMeDrop's Arena

OVR: 9

I like this demo! I think I like it more for it's differences than trying to compare it to 2K directly. It really did feel like every player was different and it felt like I was watching an NBA game while playing. It's definitely a learning curve with the freestyle passing and some of the ball handling but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

I look forward to the real thing in Oct!
Old 09-14-2009, 09:31 AM   #971
Sir
Rookie

Sir's Arena

OVR: 0

I really like the game but these are some of the things that have not been mentioned"

Open threes after the tip ball (everytime) at the beginning of the game. On the superstar level I get a free three by either the SG or SF at the bottom of the screen. Is this a problem at the beginning of the game...no. This becomes a problem in overtime if I am in one of those games where I can't stop the other team. Whoever wins the tipball gets a free three pointer. Fix this please.

One other thing I do not like is the difficultly level. I don't like the fact that "right now" I can contend at the highest level. When I play on superstar I want to be smashed but not cheesed. I think we should have a difficulty level to strive for.

Just my two cents.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 09:33 AM   #972
Pro

OVR: 22
After the demo, which was a big upgrade over live09, I still donīt find it in any way dominant. So all that hype has been tempered. I still donīt get why some are blinded by the pre-hype. NBA live 10 is a good game, it just wasnīt the super-elite nr 1 game....
I do love the menues though, the flash graphics are really impressive.

I think Iīll buy NHL10, PES and FIFA10 (thatīs was one awesome demo right there!) and NBA2k10 and NHL2k10(I buy both hockey games each year)....
Old 09-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #973
Rookie

OVR: 3
I'm lovin' the demo! Played all day Friday, and throughout the weekend. Playing on Superstar level, I had to get out of the mode of playing a video game, and play real basketball, because the AI was killing me! Once I settled down, and started playing ball, games got real competetive. Only saw one blowout (Kobe got hot). The atmosphere and crowd are great! Control is excellent, player movement, and momentum is so good...having a hard time going back to 2k9, or Live 09 (I love both of those games), but Live 10 takes it to another level. The game is so smooth, and the animations are solid, especially the little things, like players fight through pick, and defenders keeping you from falling after they fouled you hard. I love the shooting mechanics, especially how you have to adjust timing of the release off of fadeaways, pullups, floaters, and runners. Dribble mechanics are sweet, tough to master though. Haven't seen a lot of dunks, but I when do get one it's bc I broke defender down, mismatch, or me playing bad defense. Good to seen guys not getting "pushed" out of bounds when they get dunked on. Working the post is slight different than 09...man, I miss the right stick click for back down, but figured out my man automatically starts to back down when defender is on my back, or when I'm in the post. Not used to boxing out and rebounding yet, still working on it, I keep hitting left trigger to box out, instead of Y. The passing game is ill, seen some crazy no look passes, bounce passes, and behind the back stuff, and it all looks natural! The defense is solid so far. At first I was getting burned because I was reaching too much, or at a bad angle, but finally adjusted, where I can beat the offense to the spot, or take a charge with Artest, but AI still tries to use my players momentum to catch me off gaurd. I'm able to time the blocks, and set people up by switching to the weak side help...seen some really good block animations. Blasted Fisher's shott from behind with Dwight. Set up Vince real good, with Artest when he beat Kobe off the screen. Took me a while to get used to the post defense, but like the offense, you push up on offense, to get into a defensive stance. It would be nice to be able to "bump" the ballhandler. I know it's only a demo, but this is the first time I see na bbal game where offense and defense seem balanced, if you play right. Computer plays good ball too. Black Mamba is a beast, you really have to play off of him or he'll take you to the whole, but if you play off, he burn you with the jumper. Rashard Lewis has a nice jumper off the pick. Haven't seen too many hustle plays, but the ones I've seen were pretty cool (Vince diving out of bounds trying to save the ball was nice). I've seen a few put back dunks with Dwight, and only one alley-oop. Player models are great, some of the their complextions seem off in the hanger, but you can easily recognize whose who. While playing game models seem to be ba bit shiny, but it just might be me....no big deal. At first I thought AI was cheating with all the steals they were getting on me, but realized, I was forcing the drive too much, and needed to adjust. Seen some weird things, like the ball spinning when Kobe called time out...and ball hitting the side of the backboard (only happened once), could be me shooting a bad shot...but I'm sure EA can iron that out. I find way better than Live 09, and 2k9. Definitely picking this one up on Oct. 6....Can't wait for the 2k demo to drop to see what they have to offer.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:17 AM   #974
Rookie

OVR: 2
Haven't played the game yet (RROD two days before demo release) so i'll have to wait till thursday when it comes to psn.

I've been watching videos on youtube for 72 hrs now and i think the game looks and plays well... i like how efforts have been taken to ensure the game plays like a real basketball game.

Top cheeser moves that plagued both series seem to have taken a hiatus:
1. Doing consecutive spin moves in traffic
2. A play i like to call "InboundFastbreakOffense" ... self explanatory
3. People hacking the steal button to screw up player movement by forcing the steal/protect animation to kick in
4. Inbound ball steals where they stand infront of the inbounder and hack steal
5. "Tour du France" ... where they driving lane seems wide open and defenders become spectators
6. The infamous baseline dunk animation where u cant seem to miss unless the defense plays 1-4 defense.
7. People Hacking LT and RT then quickly combine with shot stick to drive into the lane 80% of the time its a foul and 1. With this move, you could turn Jeff Green into a scoring machine...so imagine what people did with KB24.

I read the article when OP writer went to play 2k10, and it seemed like its more of the same...but until we get a demo from 2k10 so we c for ourselves, it's just gonna be the same ol same ol.

One thing im just meh about is the transition between animations in live 10...some seem jerky and clunky, however, it could largely be due to the fact that the guys playin in the videos are forcing the issue rather than play basketball. Same can be said about any game... someone who sucks can make the best game look like shyte.

So far i'm sold... so far as 2k10 doesn't produce something better...which i doubt.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:26 AM   #975
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23

Quick ? for CZAR, Marcus, or Super B,

What build is the demo? Czar, did you see any of the issues in the retail version that are in the demo?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #976
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
wow, when i heard d. howard was on the cover i figure nba live would be overated this year, just like him. but to my surprise this is the best game i have played in a long time. very nice upgrade EA.

i think thier is a new king in town 2k
Ok. So how does D. Howard on the cover = Live being overrated?

Also quit with the Live/2K BS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »