Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2009, 07:28 AM   #961
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
Quick Note Guys,
When your trying to drive and make contact with the defender, don't try to cross in the other direction because the ball will get tipped or stolen every time. Instead pull back on the sticks and attempt your drive again. Took me quite a few turn overs until I figured this out. Works really well.
So in other words, stop trying to force the drive if the defender is in front of you. Especially if he has a body one you. Play smart protect the ball and you will see less turnovers.

1 more thing,
For passes along the perimeter that keep getting stolen. I found it best to control the other player and get some separation from the defender before passing him the rock. This works mainly if you picked up your dribble and/or are stuck in the corner.

Yeah, just a couple things I thought I would share with you all. Hope this helps anyone having trouble with offense.

Great point Raydog... trying to force your way to the rack WILL NOT WORK.I think some people just expect it to happen and get all mad when they can't have a highlight fest. Play real basketball and you will have a blast with this demo
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 07:29 AM   #962
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21
Just did a behind the back pass fake while getting to the rack for a lay up with Kobe at The Hangar (a la Jason Kidd in his rookie season against Sir Charles).

Great animation!

i've done it as well,looks amazing....great stuff EA
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Old 09-14-2009, 07:31 AM   #963
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Posting up was clicking the RS in years past...why change it?

I thought the RB in Live 10 was to call a quick play.

I'm in favor of clicking the RS.

Maybe start a poll.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:34 AM   #964
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Posting up was clicking the RS in years past...why change it?

I thought the RB in Live 10 was to call a quick play.

I'm in favor of clicking the RS.

Maybe start a poll.
I'm with you on this one. If it has to be done, I would want it to be the right stick.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Old 09-14-2009, 07:46 AM   #965
MVP

OVR: 15

I'm seeing ALOT of things in this demo, that just brings a smile to my face man.

Although everything does not playout perfectly 'animation wise' I still see basketball IQ that I have never experienced in other bball games.

The authenic playsets, the spacing, the help D, and the atmosphere just screams the NBA game IMO.

I have never felt this challlenged guarding a CPU controlled Kobe in any videogame before, from strictly a fundamental standpoint.

If he is hitting his J, you are completely helpless defending him. I had a game last night where he ran off like 11 straight points on me, all on jumpers and 2 of them 3 pointers.

Even with the issues with the demo ie; sliding is back in the Live series, cpu not intiating the offense correctly at times, lack of tighter defensive controls/options, some strange animations that do not fit the action etc....I'm REALLY trying to temper my excitement for the game after getting a taste of the AI, and it's been very difficult trying to do so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 07:50 AM   #966
Rookie

OVR: 0
Well imma call a spade a spade and to be honest I had high hopes for this live after reading and seeing all the info on it. I haven't play a Live game since Melo was on the cover after that all 2k and after playing this demo it will remain all 2k Live still sucks the players look horrible (just look at Kobe he looks like he did a fusion with Derek Fisher) and all these Albino Superstars in the Hanger you can't think that looks good and the gameplay still ********. Live has lost it and they should just let 2k get the exclusive rights to the NBA.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:31 AM   #967
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
i've done it as well,looks amazing....great stuff EA
how do you do that ? Is it something you can control as well ? it'd be sick to try and pull off in a game.. (though with the NBA Live 'D' that'd be a sure turnover !)
Old 09-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #968
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungEz
Well imma call a spade a spade and to be honest I had high hopes for this live after reading and seeing all the info on it. I haven't play a Live game since Melo was on the cover after that all 2k and after playing this demo it will remain all 2k Live still sucks the players look horrible (just look at Kobe he looks like he did a fusion with Derek Fisher) and all these Albino Superstars in the Hanger you can't think that looks good and the gameplay still ********. Live has lost it and they should just let 2k get the exclusive rights to the NBA.
each to his own i.. but is it so difficult to say you're not feeling NBA Live and leave it at that..? All you've managed to do is sound like one of the million 2k fanboys that have erupted since the Live demo came out..

..oh wait - you are. My bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »