Home

Why All-Pro Football Still Trumps Madden

This is a discussion on Why All-Pro Football Still Trumps Madden within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 5
I agree, Madden will never compare with All Pro or 2K5. BUT, unfortuntately, 2K has not made a game and I like the NFL. So I'm forced to settle for the mediocore that is Madden 10.

I will pray that 2K makes another game SOON!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #114
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Why All-Pro Football Still Trumps Madden

While I agree, I'm really starting to get into Madden 10 despite some of the issues. I do need to test what I have against other opponents though (my boy sucks lol). I talked with MS and they assured me next week so I can't wait to get back into the swing of things. With a good patch the game will be that much more enjoyable. Tombsong bring your A game. Remember Saturday and Sunday mornins.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #115
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
While I agree, I'm really starting to get into Madden 10 despite some of the issues. I do need to test what I have against other opponents though (my boy sucks lol). I talked with MS and they assured me next week so I can't wait to get back into the swing of things. With a good patch the game will be that much more enjoyable. Tombsong bring your A game. Remember Saturday and Sunday mornins.
I am willing to lab some games with you. I am working on pass protection/hot reads vs overloads blitz schemes. I am running with the Packers. My gamer tag is grunt 007.

Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 10:23 AM   #116
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Man, those Sat and Sun were like weekend school for me, LOL.

Looking forward to that again. The guys in the APF league are decent guys also. We are all gonna have big fun as soon as they get some of the issues ironed out in Madden.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:59 AM   #117
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
right now, that game needs to be patched for the single player. the dump off pass on the almost sacks is ridiculous. it is a teaser game right now. there are little things that are great and little things that are not great. it just kills the realism.

playing the raiders with the chargers, i "sacked" jamarcus about 5 times in the first half. only one of them was a sack. the others allowed them to keep the down and distance the same and allowed them to convert a couple third downs a lot easier. in the end, all i could think was why play this until it's patched?
Old 09-13-2009, 02:16 PM   #118
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
right now, that game needs to be patched for the single player. the dump off pass on the almost sacks is ridiculous. it is a teaser game right now. there are little things that are great and little things that are not great. it just kills the realism.

playing the raiders with the chargers, i "sacked" jamarcus about 5 times in the first half. only one of them was a sack. the others allowed them to keep the down and distance the same and allowed them to convert a couple third downs a lot easier. in the end, all i could think was why play this until it's patched?
Agreed about the user vs. CPU experience. The way the QB looks for the HB at the last second is ridiculously prescient.

If you play vs. HUM opponents, though, especially ones from here, it's quite a good experience. You should come on over and join the ACBQ M10 league .
Old 09-14-2009, 08:20 AM   #119
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Here's something I've been doing with my offline franchise to make them more fun: Creating Legends ala APF. In Franchise mode, eventually everyone becomes a CAP or Generic player due to NFL players retiring, new rookies etc, so I began using past NFL players in place of high-rated draft picks.

After each draft I scroll through the Rookies and rename (and edit) any rookie with an 80+ OVR to the name of a past NFL player. For instance, the Chiefs drafted a speedy OLB so I renamed him from Generic Name to Dedrick Thomas, #58 & edited his equipment to either look like Derrick Thomas or to mimic what DT would look like in modern equipment.

I've done the same with a lot of players: Troy Aiken (Troy Aikman), Craig Lloyd (Greg Lloyd), Jake Smith (Jackie Smith), Kris Carter (Cris Carter), Gary Little (Larry Little), Rodney Lott (Ronnie Lott), Bryce Smith (Bruce Smith). This, to me, has taken the game to another level because now instead of facing no-name players, I'm facing a guy who I know how he plays & what to expect. So where I would play the Bears & know Urlacher was patrolling the middle, I also will face Demond Saunders on team X & know he's a ball-hawking, shut-down CB instead of wondering why Generic James at CB is such a beast.

Try it out, yeah, it takes a couple minutes to go through, find & edit said rookies but it make the game alot more fun. Years down into my various franchises it makes it fun to see said player atop the league leaders & such and actually recognizing the names.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #120
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja

Indeed it needs to be patched. But it's not just the QB's sixth sense that's the problem. The WR's should not be even aware he is throwing the ball. That's the thing that is irritating me. I can get pressure but this bastard slings it down the field to a WR who is not looking but he catches it anyway. WEAK!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »