Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2009, 07:19 AM   #785
Banned

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
Does D Wade not shoot Fadeaways in real life?
Because he can't do them in the demo, he just does his lil step back move.

Edit: I can do a fade if i pick up my dribble.
He does them when his back is to the basket but its hard to do since there is no way to post people up in the hangar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 07:25 AM   #786
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Hey guys cut EA some slack. I think that they have done a great job this sports game season. I really think that what EA does with its demos is they show off the main improvements of the upcoming game which is the really early version of the game, in which they admit to before the demo comes out, NBA LIVE is no different. I do believe that all of the bugs and issues will be fixed by the time the real game hits stores. Every EA game this year had a demo that played good but had bugs that were fixed by retail time. NBA LIVE really looks good.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:44 AM   #787
Banned

OVR: 22
i will try to post a vid for you guys to help you with the defense but the quality won't be that good since i only have a xbox cam, but just to show people how to better contest shots because i went on a couple of forums that people are getting their lights shot out by derek fisher which hasn't happened to me because when the cpu takes jumpshots i don't just hit the y button, i close the space then jump to block the shot which either gets me a block or a good contested shot and they miss. i play on superstar but i will post a vid for those of you who don't understand how to play defense.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:50 AM   #788
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon12 Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
And how many different dunks are in this game?

I can recall:

Two-hand grab rim dunk
Two-hand grab rim dunk w/fist pump
Two-hand no grab dunk
One-hand under the basket grab rim
One-hand under the basket, no grab
LeBron "Side Extension" dunk
LeBron "Top Extension" dunk
LeBron double clutch
Basic windmill
Basic one-handed dunk

There may be 2 or 3 more (probably a 360 that I haven't seen), but seriously... I think that's it. I haven't seen any reverses or Shaq-like power dunks. It seems only LeBron has his "style" represented in the game.

Yeah yeah, everyone's gonna say it's only the demo, but seriously... I don't wanna hear it. I doubt there will be that many more in the final version.
Most definitely all of Lebron dunks are in this game, but no one else's. I was able to do a reverse dunk with melo in the hangar tho.

After praising this when I first played the demo, I think I overrated it a bit. I'm still going to get the game, but when the price go down. It seems impossible to do a clean layup and all of the animations are the same. It doesn't matter if you're getting fouled or not, its like it's a percentage on when they can call a foul. I like the game, but blah...
Old 09-13-2009, 07:53 AM   #789
Rookie

Disappointed in the fact that we can't do a dunk while posting up ala Shaq/Howard. Post game is bad.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:03 AM   #790
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Is it me, or are the block and steal buttons not responsive at all? Half the time I hit em, my defender does nothing.

And when my defender DOES go for the block, he blocks in the wrong direction more often than not.
Its impossible to get a user steal. Its pissing me off.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #791
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

I finally got a chance to play the demo, and I must say, I was impressed with what I saw not bad at all..I couldn't get the hang of the game fully really kept wanting to play 2Kish at time with it, and it really doesn't help when I came from a friends house earlier in the evening playing 2K9 again lol so it took some getting used to.

Graphics in Live 10 are just amazing, wow very great looking game people where right when they said it looks better than what the videos showed I mean wow.

Player control is just crazy, I have yet to play any Basketball game with this much player control, great job here EA loved it.

Dribbling is done excellent with the amount of moves you can pull off, but I will say that left stick dribbling is just okay for me...not much of a fan of left stick moves not in Live 10 nor do I care for it in 2K titles, more of an annoyance than anything to try and pull off dribble moves with the same stick as moving your player around (just my opinion though) but all in all the right stick moves are just beautiful.

Loved the spacing on the court and player off-ball movements, makes the action feel and look more NBA like.

The atmosphere is just out of control, I just love it...crazy amount of personality to the arena, can't wait to hear the way the other arenas will sound in the final version.

Of course I have a few gripes with the game, which are just my personal feelings towards it, maybe an issue maybe not. First off, I seen some jerkiness from time to time when the game was in motion, but that's probably not there in final build.

It seemed like almost everytime I grabbed an offensive rebound and wanted to go up strong for some nasty D Howard yams (Yes I said yams) I seem to lose the ball before I can even do anything, now I am not sure if this was caused because of holding RT which does size-up moves or not but I didn't like that at all, which kind of made me not really care much for holding RT for size-up moves because it also acts as a sprint button if I am correct.

Fouls seemed to be called a bit late at times...found myself getting called for a reach in foul like a few seconds after I attempted the steal which was weird, probably like that in the real NBA just awkward in video games.

A few times I have made a pump fake and got the D to jump out there shoes, but when I wanted to blow by the defender when he was in the air they recovered a bit to quick preventing me from getting any step on the at all.

They still have some of that good ol rocket dunk shoes on, which isn't as bad as previous Lives but, it can be annoying to see.

Some of the rebound animations look weird, mainly the one where they jump up with too hands kind of leaning towards the ball, it seems as if there jump is way too early and they just hang in air for the rebound.

No post up button is annoying, the auto post is okay i guess but I really feel there should be a manuel post up button. This just irks me.

Well not much really I can say that I didn't like about the game though, and again these are my personal positives and negatives about the game. The negatives probably aren't that big of a deal to be game breakers since overall I thought the game was great, it played great and felt great. If I had more time to play the game I could probably write something better and more in-depth than what I have not but for now this is just what I got out of playing the game for a short while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 08:20 AM   #792
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4life
Its impossible to get a user steal. Its pissing me off.
You aren't going to get a steal by just mashing the X button. You got to time it and use it in the right situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Pared, regarding Stealing and Blocking. We really wanted to encourage people not to run around and spam those buttons like they have in the past. If people attempt to do them randomly, I'm happy that the AI blows by them. So what we tried to do was boost the impact of those defensive actions when you did them in the correct circumstances. Essentially, hitting the steal button just as you make contact with the dribbler on a drive or crossover move. Or hitting steal when you see a guy sizing up. Or hitting steal just as you make contact with a guy going for a layup to strip the ball. Or reading where the shooter is trying to go, anticipating, and challenging/blocking his shot.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »