Home

NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Player Tendencies

This is a discussion on NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Player Tendencies within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2009, 01:08 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Insight - "Player Tendencies"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballa21
it actually might be fun to play the cpu? is that what i'm reading
but seriously it SOUNDS good but i'll hold off until i SEE how it's implemented and those screens look good they look like the players have human skin unlike a certain competitor
To play a dynamic CPU with evolving tendencies in this game would be awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 01:49 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 30
Not trying to hate cuz I rocked on 2K9, only, but yea, they were already headed in this direction with that weak Living Rosters as an answer to DNA/365. This is good but I need a demo, 2K, because if the DC is serving as that demo, as fun as it is but seemingly more of the same, and I end up liking the Live 10 demo better? I say no more. U've been dominating my basketball game dollars since the Dreamcast with my only buying 3 Lives in that time span but u guys gotta bring it, this year, and I don't mean a billion more animations I cannot break out of. That's getting a bit tired.

And someone said something about human skin in 2K10 - Not flaming, but just calling at it is cuz I HATE when people get their facts wrong yet try to sound off as if they know what they're talking about but to get you corrected, Live since Live 08 has had better, human skin texture than 2K. That's coming from an objective eye.

Gimme the goods, 2K. Make me want 2K10 is all I ask cuz right now, I have nothing to go on but the DC which is 2K9.5 and hasn't even corrected the issues from 2K9, as far as I can see....but, again, the DC is still mad fun. Just keepin it real.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:54 AM   #27
stewaat

OVR:

You can now assign any play to each and every position.

Loving it

Old 09-12-2009, 10:15 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Player Tendencies

Thank you 2K for implementing some new tendencies software, this was one of the things I cried about so much in NBA2K9, and how great NBALive+Synergy was. Also im so excited that they reassigned the 2K Insider to the draft combine and he is not involved in the ratings and tendencies. Finally it seems the game will have some dynamic offensive and defensive tendencies throughout the season that are true to life.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #29
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
You can now assign any play to each and every position.

Loving it
so when you are playing someone and they have mehmet okur running thru screens to get open like rip hamilton will you still love it?
Old 09-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #30
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
so when you are playing someone and they have mehmet okur running thru screens to get open like rip hamilton will you still love it?
Good point GSW.....Bargnani is a "perimeter" player. But he can't run plays that Rip or Ray Allen would run.

Well just have to wait and see how well this works.

But I do see exactly what your getting at.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:44 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
Good point. Hard to argue with this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 11:14 AM   #32
GOAT

Melman's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Player Tendencies

Well I think it could also depend on the players speed and quickness if u want to run a certain play for another player. I mean by all means you should be able to run whatever play for whatever player you want. But I'd laugh at someone doing this with okur. I'd sniff that play out and get a steal if I saw okur running around. I think player ratings will play more of a role when it comes to this though so it won't look cheap if somebody does this. It will look true to life, especially with turbo not being abused like it has in the past. Okur would be pretty tired after running thru screens all day like Rip LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »