Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports FC 25 Review: We Need to Go Back to Formula
The Pain and Misery of Simulated Stats
EA Sports College Football 25 Guides, Explainers, and Tutorials

Old 09-11-2009, 11:38 PM   #553
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by And one1
It should be as easy as the iso dribbling moves Live loves advertising!
Why should it be as easy as the dribble moves I personally like the difficulty.

Makes you think about attempting a steal instead of just being able to attempt steals without a conscious.

Which is case in most bball games, its a refreshing change to me.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:44 PM   #554
Rookie

OVR: 3

My take on the demo. I think that the amount of control over my player is crazy. I love being on a fast break and splitting defenders with a pro-hop then lay-up or with a euro two-step. I like that whole jumpshot timing thing, I was able to pull of some nice buzzer beaters with the quicker releases. The freestyle passing is great in my opinion. Driving and the kicking out with V.C is great and I got a lot of open looks with Pietrus, but thankfully they all didn't go in so it seems the shooting sliders are on point for now. The only thing that I didn't really like was the rebounding. Sometimes it just happens so fast and sometimes the players seem to reach for nothing. Another thing is, when there is a tipped pass sometimes the players will just stand around and look at it go out of bounds. This happened only once is the last 3 games I played so it doesn't look like it will be a huge problem. Haven't really gotten into the post up game yet, but I will try that out soon. Graphics are amazing and I dont they are cartoony at all. Crowd reactions are good also, but haven't had a stand out moment with their reactions or chants. So overall I'm impressed with this demo a lot. I think NBA Live will have a great comeback year this year and it should be a competitive year between Live and 2K. I'll be buying this game on day one.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:54 PM   #555
Banned

OVR: 26
To all the people that like to say there is a lot of sliding and morphing in this game I bet you its in 2k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 11:55 PM   #556
Pro

OVR: 60
This game is a big step up from NBA Live 10. A HUGE step.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:56 PM   #557
Banned

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Why should it be as easy as the dribble moves I personally like the difficulty.

Makes you think about attempting a steal instead of just being able to attempt steals without a conscious.

Which is case in most bball games, its a refreshing change to me.
Im not talking about running around the court mashing the steal buttton on every offensive player im talking about if you see the ball is going to kobe off of the baseline inbound pass into the paint and you put your defensive player in between the ball and the receiver thats a tipped pass or steal where i play ball at bro.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:01 AM   #558
Pro

OVR: 10

On most occasions when the ball goes into the paint, there are some steals. I haven't even messed with the sliders that much. Try moving some sliders if you aren't seeing enough defense.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:04 AM   #559
Rookie

OVR: 12

Played Live 09 and Live 10 demos back to back. Such a great improvement.

Post play is starting to feel better now.

Drive and kick works a treat and feels great.

Games have a nice ebb and flow about them.

One game I tried to force the issue with Kobe and he went cold.

Next game he was hitting dagger threes off broken plays.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:07 AM   #560
Banned

OVR: 12

Gotta say I'm loving the demo and after playing with the Lakers for most of the games I gotta say who feels me when I say

"VINSANITY is Back!!!"

I actually like the game on Superstar more so than the other levels...The D feels a bit tighter and the gameplay feels more balanced for me on Superstar. This game simply plays a good game of basketball...So far I don't feel like anything thats happening offensively is cheap and I think while some have concerns about D I think we will need to get a lil deeper into the gameplay to truly see how effective certain strategies can be when defending.

I know I became dependent on the lock-down D at times and riding the ball handler all over the court...I don't think that was realistic. Good D in hoops is about quick feet, space and beating your man to a spot. It think we need to think along those lines for D in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »