Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports FC 25 Review: We Need to Go Back to Formula
The Pain and Misery of Simulated Stats
EA Sports College Football 25 Guides, Explainers, and Tutorials

Old 09-11-2009, 11:02 PM   #529
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

I think what there doing edubbs is simulating teams that don't run the offense real quick. Teams like the Spurs and the Lakers at times play that slow pace so thats what it seems like to me.

It threw me off the first time I played the Lakers their style was so different from the Magic.

After a while I got laxed on D and that's when they started exploiting that with alleyoops and unexpected drives Kobe.

Its a great addition to me it should make each team feel a little diff.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:02 PM   #530
MVP

OVR: 30

I keep torturing myself by coming back here to read the impressions since I am unlucky enough to have to wait for this demo to bless my PS3 on Thurs. but what I gather from all that I've read on here is that some don't like a challenge and will complain in a heartbeat if something isn't on a silver platter for them. Me, I can deal with it being in a paper bag sitting on a table, in another room where I can get it myself...

That being said the way all this sounds is that it's going to be a game I am really going to enjoy because of the depth of control on offense AND defense (also remember, DNA is NOT on, yet) . It's like Czar said - THROW OUT WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT PLAYING A BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME and focus on PLAYING BASKETBALL. That isn't verbatim and I'm not trying to shout but to make a point. I know how to play basketball so that won't be a problem as I usually think more like a ball player when playing a b-ball video game, anyway. EA is trying to push the realism of gameplay. That was obvious to me weeks ago.

Now, where I will digress is that I haven't touched the damn demo yet, lol, but what I will say is that I DO expect glitches, wonky situations and such not only because it just a demo and even Mike actually said that this demo was made early on, as there is even a vid of the same demo being played weeks ago at Gamescon, but also because it is a video game and ish happens.
Basically, it seems like pretty positive feedback and some of the complaints just seem like some people just being whiney and possibly hateful, by the way they come across, but I like the constructive criticisms, as always. Can't wait til Thurs.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:03 PM   #531
MVP

OVR: 24

Since I respect what OS is about, let me try to be a bit constructive. But first, can anyone explain to me why when I Player Lock Kobe, Fisher doesn't pass the ball, and the players don't shoot?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #532
Banned

OVR: 11

I was really expecting more from this demo and I was left somewhat disappointed. While it's better than Live 09, it's really not significantly better. The gameplay is smoother but I absolutely HATE the look of the players and their uniform this season. As I mentioned weeks ago from viewing the demo videos....it's look very 'cartoonish' and over-saturated.

Definitely a step in the right direction as it concerns everything else but the graphics....but still not on 2K's level yet.

After playing the demo for a good hour or so, I popped in 2K9 and the difference is night and day.

I might pick up Live10 this season as a "change of pace" game for me....but not @ retail price.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:05 PM   #533
Banned

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKasmar
Yes, and it's quite refreshing considering the past. Hope this carries over online.
No way you play or watch basketball in real life.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:06 PM   #534
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by withauthority22
Just because it has been abused online doesnt mean the ability to steal an inbound pass, apart of basketball, should be removed from the game. bad bad decision making
I was mainly joking, but if you try to full court press all game and steal every inbound pass you'll be wasting your time. This game has a completely different concept to stealing as the devs have alluded to. Wow, the cheesers are already complaining.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:10 PM   #535
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
I think what there doing edubbs is simulating teams that don't run the offense real quick. Teams like the Spurs and the Lakers at times play that slow pace so thats what it seems like to me.

Kinda makes since but if this is the case, I would have prefered that Mike and Co. simulate these types of teams by using ball movement, instead of having the ballhandler dribble in place for 20secs of the 24 sec clock.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 11:10 PM   #536
MVP

OVR: 24

Okay.... again, maybe I'm missing something. I Player Lock Kobe, and the players don't automatically inbound pass, don't pass me the ball, and don't shoot (even with the clock running down). Am I doing something wrong?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »