Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports FC 25 Review: We Need to Go Back to Formula
The Pain and Misery of Simulated Stats
EA Sports College Football 25 Guides, Explainers, and Tutorials

Old 09-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #465
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayto
Dude, we get it......would it not make you feel better to go to the nba2k forum and praise that game, then sit in this forum and trash this game?

trash what game? i gave live a fair review this morning, you might want to go read that. Either way i was responding to the guy who said that the Live demo was the best sim game ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #466
Rookie

OVR: 7

I dont see how someone can say that they have played a more SIM NBA game then this demo. Is it perfect, no, but it is miles ahead of any other crap that we have gotten. Every other NBA game I have played, and that's a lot, has not been close to Sim, though this game is.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #467
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blueprint1983
trash what game? i gave live a fair review this morning, you might want to go read that. Either way i was responding to the guy who said that the Live demo was the best sim game ever.
you must not have played very many b-ball games to make these comments
Old 09-11-2009, 09:07 PM   #468
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Gotta make this one quick...

I haven't had a problem playing D. I learned pretty quick what not to do.

Despite it being great without adjustments I dedicated a game to playing around with sliders anyway.

2 problems.

1. No FT sliders. Fisher and Kobe's FT box is about ]||[ that big. I doubt that's right. Now I didn't miss with either of them but I think it should be bigger. The other concern here is Dwight was 4/4.

2. Every single time I tried to get in the post the ball was stripped even after lowering the AI steal and intercept sliders to 0. Wasn't even dribbling too long. Ball barely got there on entry passes and it's on the floor in half a second. Even when I had Kobe on a 2 on 1 he was going for the lay up in the lane and there goes the ball again,figured I'd get a foul at least.

Now the good news is the score ended up 20-19 for me and it played fantastic so it looks like they'd be suited for 8,9 or 10 minute quaters. Taking a cue from Madden and lowering the speed worked out real well too.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:10 PM   #469
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig
I dont see how someone can say that they have played a more SIM NBA game then this demo. Is it perfect, no, but it is miles ahead of any other crap that we have gotten. Every other NBA game I have played, and that's a lot, has not been close to Sim, though this game is.
ok...guess you never played NBA 2K7 or 2K8..i don't know what road you brain is driving on, but the demo is not miles a ahead of anything. i guess all the dribbles are getting to peoples heads.

The control is the only good thing about the demo.

defense is bad
rebounding is bad
player models are bad
animations are really bad

i gave live a fair review this morning and you think i'm bashing, you haven't seen bashing.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:11 PM   #470
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmYungB
i should have took the photo for proof

and to the other guy i played on the level after pro

and kobe had 32 and i had 40 points total

i just wanted to see how easy it was to hog the ball and cheese... and its tooooo easy
young they made the levels below all star so that people who weren't good at the game could cheese. that is the point of those levels. Play on allstar and above if you want a more sim experience. By the way I would LOVE to see a video of you playing and scoring like that with Kobe on all star.. That would be something to see.

in fact it would be great to actually see the playing styles of some of the people who says the game is trash and garbage just to see what style of hoops you guys play in reference to your comments.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

Last edited by Da_Czar; 09-11-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:21 PM   #471
Pro

This thread is really getting out of hand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 09:24 PM   #472
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

I dont know. I'm feeling this defense. IMO no reason to body up a NBA player 30 feet away from the basket, that's instant ownage. Most defenders cant keep a guy in front 3 point line extended. But, from a video game standpoint, it keeps u involved. And if u played previous versions i can understand how u "miss" it.

Also, on d, Feels good to beat him to a spot and get that body contact. Or "give" him the baseline while baseline help is there. I have no problems w/ boards either. Haven't seen one hit the ground. But i manually get all the boards. So i dont know.

Blocks are okay. Contesting is where its at. I've seen some nice Battier's (hands over eyes) out there lol. And my paint contesting has gotten better so i'm seeing more missed shots after offensive rebounds.

We know offense is raw. No reason to go there. BUT, Kobe went baseline and tomahawked that ball!!!!!!! I thought i was watching the NBA FINALS. CPU Kobe I might add!

With Bball being my first love. Gaming heaven this year. If 2k doesnt shaft me w/ 30fps online play for PS3.

Buying both. Enjoying both.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »